Page 358 of 580 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 8689
    BANNED

Word going around is that there will be a solo Donna Noble spin-off series coming from Big Finish

Wonder if it'll take place post-EOT with her remembering somehow, or deal with maybe some solo adventures between Runaway bride and Partners in Crime.

Or they could do something really weird like her in the Library or the Turn Left reality?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    or the Turn Left reality?
    It'd be a good companion series to Rose's dimension-hopping.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

BBC are adapting both Resurrection and Revelation of the Daleks to novels and audiobooks for 2019, which will mean all the classic Doctor Who stories have now had novel adaptions (since Pirate Planet, City of Death and Shada were previously adapted a while back).

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...eks-bbc-books/

I'm hoping that they get Terry Malloy to do the audiobooks so he can do his Davros voice...

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Happy 85th birthday Tom Baker! I grew up watching you and you will always be my doctor.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    BBC are adapting both Resurrection and Revelation of the Daleks to novels and audiobooks for 2019, which will mean all the classic Doctor Who stories have now had novel adaptions (since Pirate Planet, City of Death and Shada were previously adapted a while back).

I'm hoping that they get Terry Malloy to do the audiobooks so he can do his Davros voice...
    That would be really cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

The 4th Doctor is coming to the big screen in the USA on March 13th!

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/doct...ng-to-theaters

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

This makes me happy as I am eager to see if Saward fleshes the two stories out (Revelation always felt like the tip of a much bigger iceberg to me.) So it is nice to know we will finally be getting official releases (seeing since they were supposed to come out in 93/94.) Although the TSV adaptations have filled the void for me all these years.

Finally got around to listening to Big Finish's crossover between Seven, Ace & Hex with Iris Wildthyme and Panda... incredible stuff. But then; I always love my favourite TARDIS team, even in their only two poor stories (The Dark Husband & Order of Simplicity) so crossing them over with the weirdness and fun of Iris was always going to be a hit for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Word going around is that there will be a solo Donna Noble spin-off series coming from Big Finish
    I hope it's her regaining her memories and not just gap filler. I'd love to have her back and that horrible ending undone!

It'd be interesting in "Revelation" goes into what happened between Revelation and Rememberance as well-We know Davros is taken back to Skaro, creates Imperial/loyal Daleks somehow (The Necros Daleks, despite similar colors, are really mutated humans, while the Imperials are apparentally enhanced mutants with the cases integrated more with their bodies) and takes over the planet and the Empire, leaving the Supreme Dalek and the greys the "renegades".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It'd be interesting in "Revelation" goes into what happened between Revelation and Rememberance as well-We know Davros is taken back to Skaro, creates Imperial/loyal Daleks somehow (The Necros Daleks, despite similar colors, are really mutated humans, while the Imperials are apparentally enhanced mutants with the cases integrated more with their bodies) and takes over the planet and the Empire, leaving the Supreme Dalek and the greys the "renegades".
    Both will be very interesting i think. But I wonder if we are getting the manuscripts that Saward wrote back when the stories were slated for release or if he has taken the opportunity to revise them in the intervening years. Because he has had the chance to sit on them and allow them to mature. From memory, his novelizations for Target were more fleshed out. Just curious to how he tackles a few plot threads that were left dangling.

There is a fascinating interview conducted with Paul Scoones (who wrote the TSV novelization for Resurrection.) In it he said he originally wanted to provide further backstory in order to provide a seemless flow into the events of Revelation. Which did an admirable job in my opinion.

BANNED

Diary of River Song Vol. 5 is out!

BANNED

Series 12 has commenced filming

Judging by the way the cast is dressed, it doesn’t look like they’re in britain.��

Has anyone bought Diary of River Song Vol. 5 yet? It's the first Big Finish audio I've ever bought that doesn't feature a Doctor.

Non-spoiler reviews of the individual stories:

The Bektel Test was my favorite out of all four stories. Either it was just that good or I just missed Michelle Gomez as Missy...perhaps both. Listening to the behind the scenes interviews Jonathan Morris was trying to give Missy dialogue as if Moffat was writing her which I thought was cool.

The Lifeboat and the Deathboat was my second favorite. It explains how the Eric Roberts Master got out of his predicament at the end of the TV Movie. How? You'll have to listen.

Third favorite was Animal Instinct. I'm kinda meh about Beevers's Master. Don't love him don't hate him. He services the story is all I can say. I guess this Master was more...cartoony and showy? Still only know bits and pieces of the pre-revival Who but I guess this played to that.

Least favorite, sadly, is Concealed Weapon. It wasn't bad, its just...I guess I can say I just expected Jakobi to be in it more. What's funny is a few days before this was released I was listening to a review of the War Master's second series and the uploader made a similar complaint how he's not in it much.

The next Diaries I want to get of hers are just the first and the third for now.