Page 370 of 580 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 8689

Listening to Doom Coalition 3 last night.

Doom Coalition is good but not as good as Dark Eyes or the The Time War.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I feel the same. The only episodes I would be interested in seeing again are TWWFTE, Rosa and Kerblam! (Which feels the most traditional Who story out of the lot.)
    Kerblam kind of reminded me a bit of the Sylvestor McCoy era, which had a few stories with deceptively "helpful" looking robots. (Then again so has other eras of the show as well, but I think McCoy tended to use the trope the most in season 24 and 25).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

They're back....again. (Spoilers)

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/another...wH_8fQj7WlOTxM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Of course they are. The show needs a serious break from the Daleks (and Cybermen as well and they are my favourite monsters.) Why not bring back the Sontarans and do something to rectify the joke they have become? The Autons are another long overdue for a return appearance.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Of course they are. The show needs a serious break from the Daleks (and Cybermen as well and they are my favourite monsters.) Why not bring back the Sontarans and do something to rectify the joke they have become? The Autons are another long overdue for a return appearance.
    So, what you're saying is "Kill Dalek plots!! Kill Dalek plots!!"

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fury From the Deep is next year's animated movie. The teaser for it is out. Looks good. The Faceless Ones should be out around Thanksgiving.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    So, what you're saying is "Kill Dalek plots!! Kill Dalek plots!!"

They are no longer a threat or adversary to be feared. They are just an annoyance at this point. I know I'll cop flack for this opinion. But trotting out the Daleks every season takes away from other classic monsters that could do with a return appearance or two. Take them off the board for a bit, then bring them back when the audience leasts expect it. Worked for Day and Resurrection in the classic series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Fury From the Deep is next year's animated movie. The teaser for it is out. Looks good. The Faceless Ones should be out around Thanksgiving.
    I've been wondering when The Faceless Ones comes out. I thought it would have been out already. Then again, the Australian Releases have been in limbo here for months due to the fact Roadshow lost the licence to Universal. Last one was the season 18 blu-ray.

There's a theory that they need to be used at least once a year to make the Nation estate happy. I find it kind of strange though that there's another "homemade" Dalek among the regular gold ones. Maybe another mutant needs to make one, and this time actually succeeds in calling in it's "brothers".

Autons could work. I like how Moffat used them as part of the twist at the end of the fifth season.

I have to break ranks with the Whovians on YouTube and say "The conscript" is a good Time War story.

Look it's a goofy set-up but the doctor's pacifism gets thoroughly tested along with the Time Lord's patriotism. It leads to one of my favorite Paul McGann performances.

Someone just give him another shot at a movie.

Cardinal Ollistra has my vote for being the modern day version of the War Chief.

Just do some retconning Big Finish.

They've just announced a new thirteenth Doctor/Ace reunion novel written by Sophie Aldred.

Between that and the season 26 blu-ray trailer it's been a pretty cool year for Ace fans.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

No real news but I'll take a teaser image over nothing at all:

I'm guessing it's hinting at a trailer/release date or Christmas special announcement soon. I highly doubt it was just for the Ace book.

Curious thing about the Ace book is that the description says the 13 might have to atone for 7's behavior. I'm guessing that maybe she left on a bad note (Like the novels/comics/audios have done a few interpetations of, I believe, including one where the Doctor pretty much gets her boyfriend killed almost Danny Pink-style), perhaps, or just referring to the relationship which was already somewhat strained in season 26 a bit, with the Doctor not telling her about Gabriel Chase, the deception to make her lose faith in Fenric, and her conflicting feelings in Survival.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-01-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm guessing it's hinting at a trailer/release date or Christmas special announcement soon. I highly doubt it was just for the Ace book.

Curious thing about the Ace book is that the description says the 13 might have to atone for 7's behavior. I'm guessing that maybe she left on a bad note (Like the novels/comics/audios have done a few interpetations of, I believe, including one where the Doctor pretty much gets her boyfriend killed almost Danny Pink-style), perhaps, or just referring to the relationship which was already somewhat strained in season 26 a bit, with the Doctor not telling her about Gabriel Chase, the deception to make her lose faith in Fenric, and her conflicting feelings in Survival.
    Yeah, it's definitely for the show, I didn't think it had anything to do with the recent Ace news.

I'm relistening to Dark eyes 1 and i laughed when the Time Lords called their spies the CIA.

That stands for Celestial Intervention Agency.