Page 373 of 580 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 8689

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    this group of companions are a waste of space. rtd companions were still the best lot , moffat just kill or condemn his companions to horrible fates , chibnall companions are just dull and bland.
    I wouldn't call their fates necessarily horrible; Although stuck in the past Amy and Rory still had full lives; Clara and Bill were altered but still survived (at least until Clara decides to go back to Gallifrey and be put back in the timestream) Nardole seems to be OK etc.

Out of the RTD companions Rose is still stuck in an alternate universe, Adam has that weird brain window, and Donna had most of her memory with the Doctor wiped (although she did get married and is well off). Martha and Mickey are pretty much OK though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    this group of companions are a waste of space. rtd companions were still the best lot , moffat just kill or condemn his companions to horrible fates , chibnall companions are just dull and bland.
    Not that it will happen, but I wouldn't mind the current group of companions being phased out and replaced with someone new. (No more than 2 companions at most, though. 3 + A new Doctor and various special guest stars leaves little room for characterizing these characters.)

The current companions just don't feel like they are actually having fun traveling with the Doctor. Rose, Martha, Donna, Clara and so forth always felt like they really wanted to be there; Ryan, Yaz and Graham just feel like they are with the Doctor because the script says so.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

For various reasons I wasn't able to catch Season 11 on initial broadcast, but I recently got the entire season and its new year special on DVD, and so far I just finished Tsuranga.

I really like Season 11 so far and it feels like a massive breath of fresh air after what's come previously. Much as I love Capaldi and his seasons as my first watchthrough of Who, I was feeling massively burned out by Moffatisms by the end of it, even worse when I eventually did watch parts of Smith's era. RTD I never really liked all that much, with Tennant possibly being my least favorite Doctor. Season 11 so far with its relatively low stakes, ordinary everyday companions, and just this sense of going on adventures is refreshing. It feels the closest to what I think of when it comes to Classic Who, which I've only seen parts of.

Season 12's trailer is pretty good, and I eagerly await when things start up in 2020.

IMO a lot of the season's strength came from the adventures set in the past, two of which were pretty personal to the companions.

Looks like the Stephen Fry episode might be a World War II adventure.

The Big Finish audio revival of Class is getting a second series, but two characters are being recasted (Miss Quill and Tanya).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    IMO a lot of the season's strength came from the adventures set in the past, two of which were pretty personal to the companions.

Looks like the Stephen Fry episode might be a World War II adventure.
    The stories set in the past were exceptionally strong last series, I do agree with you on that. But I've always enjoyed the historicals lol.

WWII is well trodden ground in Doctor Who. So hopefully they come up with something fresh to say.

Yeah just finished Demons of the Punjab, and this is my new favorite of Season 11 so far. I feel what this does over Rosa is how this one is tied much more to Yazmin, doesn't shy away from portraying the Partition, and doesn't take the cheap way out with its ending.

There's now a confirmation that New Years Eve will see the premiere of the new series. Also a new trailer with some new footage, including what kind of looks like another console room of some kind, and some of the dialogue seems to allude that we're going for another "Who is the Doctor?" kind of story arc possibly like McCoy and pretty much all of Moffat had.

BBC America is doing it's yearly Doctor Who marathon starting around Christmas and leading up to the New Years special. It will also debut the tv premiere of the episode "The Macra Terror". This was suppose to come out of DVD in November; Did it?

Yes the Macra Terror was released previously, another lost 2nd Doctor classic to be given new life in this form. Fury from the Deep will follow.

As for the Season 12 teaser, I'm of course excited and floored that it is indeed starting on 1/1/2020. Not gonna lie though, massively concerned with another season-long arc. Past experience has shown this to be extremely mixed.

Fury from the Deep and the Faceless Ones. Two animated Doctor Whos in 2020. Awesome.

So the opener is a two-parter called "Spyfall". I'm guessing that's the ones with the fancy suits, motorcycles and the vineyards.

Y'know, a Bond satire would be the perfect time to bring back Bessie. Pretty much every iconic thing from the original series has returned in some form *except* for her (Unless you count the brief Five Doctors stock footage from Name of the Doctor).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-04-2019 at 12:07 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_0NXHefpE

First clip. The opener is the Stephen Fry episode too it seems.

In celebration of the Master's first appearance 50 years ago:

You can pre-order it NOW, even though its coming out January 2021

The kid/teen Master appears to be new. I'm guessing he's the Second Master, i.e. First Regeneration of the Master, to explain why James Dreyfus isn't in it, unless Dreyfus's involvement changes in the interim year.

The folks in the comments are saying Dreyfus said something on Twitter that made him figuratively radioactive, so...