Page 374 of 580 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 8689

Yeah I had to take a double take there, thought for a second you were referring to the War Chief who some think is the Master.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

That's Milo Parker. Apparently he was in that Miss Peregrine movie that I never saw. But yeah just curious which Master he's playing. Heck it could be a younger, teen-aged First Master.

Masterful looks awesome.

Very curious about Milo Parker's incarnation of the master.

Probably not gonna get it till 2021 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Masterful looks awesome.

Very curious about Milo Parker's incarnation of the master.

Probably not gonna get it till 2021 tho.
    Do you mean late 2021? Cause it's not being released until January 2021 to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of the first appearance of the Master.

I've never heard of a pre-sale for a product coming out an entire year later, but, Big Finish is doing just that.

Wendy Williams, who played Vira in Ark In Space, died

The actress who played Rani in SJA is guest starring this season although she will be a different character. Also Laura Frasier, Lydia from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, is also confirmed as a guest star.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The actress who played Rani in SJA is guest starring this season although she will be a different character. Also Laura Frasier, Lydia from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, is also confirmed as a guest star.
    That's too bad that she'll be playing a different character. I think it would've been fun to have her playing Rani.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Watching the Christmas Doctor-thon on the ol BBC America...the doctor falls and twice upon a time....damn Capaldi was great. Kicked me in the feels so many times in just those 2 eps.

I think Capaldi's first year was a little rough but that's not necesarilly his fault. Moffat seemed to want him to be the sort of crochety Doctor kind of like Hartnell, Hurt and Colin Baker, which admittingly Capaldi was already kind of typecast as from some of his other more recent work, with a little bit of the Eccleston companion jealousy as well. I think he did this in part to contrast him to the more 'fun' Tennant and Smith. However he sort of realized I think this approach didn't work, and we got a more laid back Doctor for the next two seasons. Or it's just character development, as the Doctor sort of largely figured out his moral dillema (although he almost immediately got a new one with what to do with Davros).

One more day to go. Reportedly at least part of the season premiere is set (but probably not filmed) in San Francisco; wonder if we'll get a nod to the TV movie (also not really filmed in San Francisco either).

I bought the "Ravenous" bundle and I'm curious about "Stranded". It looks like the sequel to Ravenous and the description has minor spoilers.

https://www.bigfinish.com/collections/v/stranded
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-31-2019 at 08:36 PM.

So any thoughts on the season opener?

Sophie Alldred's prose novel At Childhood's End is due out in March or April. I pre-ordered via my local comic shop today.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 01-02-2020 at 05:15 AM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So any thoughts on the season opener?
    It was pretty good but the last 5 minutes brought "it".

Shoutouts to Sacha Dhawan who was my pick for Doctor #13 back in the day. He had an interesting guest spot and I look forward to where next week takes it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-01-2020 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Sophie Alldred's prose novel After Childhood's End is due out in March or April. I pre-ordered via my local comic shop today.
    Damn, I thought it was due earlier in the year. Must've remembered wrong. Oh well, for my favourite companion meeting the new fam it'll be worth the wait I'm sure!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Shoutouts to Sacha Dhawan who was my pick for Doctor #13 back in the day. He had an interesting guest spot and I look forward to where next week takes it.
    I'd also hoped for him back when it was speculated/rumoured that Thirteen would be the first non-white Doctor instead of the first female. Until his role in this episode I was even still hoping for him to be Fourteen!

Brilliant start to the season. So glad that because of the New Year scheduling we have a shorter than usual wait for the next part; the suspense is already killing me!