Page 375 of 581 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 8710

Looks like the main title theme has been slightly remixed, nothing too radical. Kind of like the second/third/fourth Doctor themes were basically the same but with small tweeks here and there.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Damn, I thought it was due earlier in the year. Must've remembered wrong. Oh well, for my favourite companion meeting the new fam it'll be worth the wait I'm sure!
    Messed up the title though. It's AT Childhood's End, sorry about that.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

As for the season premiere, I liked it. Although it did seem such a big waste of Stephen Fry being a guest star.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

So I'm wondering if this is an out of order incarnation of you-know-who, or he just gave up the whole redemption attempt.

Also wondering if perhaps this is somehow tied to Omega perhaps, The shape of the aliens head is slightly similar to Omega in Arc of Infinity, it would explain part of you know who's involvement (and part of his nickname), and part of the whole switching out with Yaz. Maybe they can only be in this universe when someone else is in theres and vice-versa, sort of like the whole Captain Marvel/Rick Jones relationship in Marvel comics.

So...
    Glad to see graham is still in remission- for the moment.. not sure if Ryan’s dyspraxia has improved while traveling with the doctor, but I’m wondering if their friends and Yaz’s family in particular are going to be clued in to what’s really been going on. I’m not sure why yaz just doesn’t quit her job. Wasn’t the doctor’s tardis in a state of repair when they were picked up? How did mi6 put it back together? I wonder if these so called aliens are actually cyber men? I’m still having a problem with all the actors thick accents. The master reveal sure didn’t live up to the hype. The doctor still looked totally clueless, and ‘o’ being revealed because the doctor read his file? He looked more like he wanted to drop the pretense than was actually discovered. I’m really not getting the sense of the doctor/ master rivalry with Jodie and the other guy.
    Last edited by protege; 01-02-2020 at 01:30 PM.

They seemed to address Ryan's disability a bit with the basketball scene where he seemed to be unable to focus for a minute. It seemed to be largely ignored after the opening last season.

Personally I like Graham the best out of the new companions. Bradley Walsh seems to be having the most fun and comic chemistry with Jodie.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So I'm wondering if this is an out of order incarnation of you-know-who, or he just gave up the whole redemption attempt.
    I'm hoping it's an out of order incarnation. Of course it wouldn't be the first time the Doctor dealt with an enemy out of order.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

They seemed to address Ryan's disability a bit with the basketball scene where he seemed to be unable to focus for a minute. It seemed to be largely ignored after the opening last season.

Personally I like Graham the best out of the new companions. Bradley Walsh seems to be having the most fun and comic chemistry with Jodie.
    Graham, to me, seems like the sort who would call out the Doctor on things.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Yeah, especially since it kind of teased that she's been keeping them in the dark about a few things, although the Doctor probably doesn't give his companions an info dump about all his enemies and former companions. There's a fun deleted scene for I think Flesh of Stone where he kind of does do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOjOnk6O9qQ

I'm guessing the thing about the Doctor meeting O earlier is possibly due to time travel although "O" could've still been in the position for years setting things up-many of his plans have actually taken years when you think about it....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-02-2020 at 01:37 PM.

I'm guessing the thing about the Doctor meeting O earlier is possibly due to time travel although "O" could've still been in the position for years setting things up-many of his plans have actually taken years when you think about it....
    Let's not forget John Simms' Master as Harold Saxon.

I love these new baddies. They're a great mix of special and sound effects. But them coupled with the overall tone made me imagine the previous Doctors under such scenes and direction. I said this last season, but I love how the show seems more cinematic than in previous years. As somewhat cheesey as the MI6 scenes were, they still carried more weight than other "Doctor-meets-Earth-Government" scenes, and we got a shout-out to UNIT and Torchwood in the modern era, too.

As for you-know-who, my guess is he's from an alternate universe, thereby sidestepping his timeline altogether. Or not, whatever.

Far-off guess: the Upside Down is really the Matrix.

I gave the last season and above average grade, but this episode, imo, blew past all of them. The new baddies remind me in a way of the Silence with all the mystery and espionage. And it's always good to have an old nemesis back after an intentional drought of classic baddies. This was a great episode and here's hoping Part 2 keeps it up.

P.S. Yay for the return of the Tissue Compression Eliminator!
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-03-2020 at 12:05 AM.

I don't think the Master has to be out of order. Firstly: being a new incarnation means they'll have a new personality so it makes perfect sense for them not to necessarily still be keen on redemption. And secondly: the way they had that line about things not being what they seem implied to me the Master might be faking having gone back to being bad, could be interesting to see them trying to help the Doctor but in secret as they have to seem to still be evil for whatever reason.

I think people just preferred Dhawan's Master to be an out of order because Missy's end was perfect.

Honestly I'm more excited for Dhawan to be the Master than i was for the Master to return. I was ok with giving the character a rest and giving other classic villians a turn.

It's also possible we'll not get an explanation for a while. How the Master got cured from his messed up state (Which presumabely couldn't regenerate, as the Master said of his body "all it can do is die") in End of Time and presumably became Missy wasn't explained until the end of Capaldi's run. The Master getting all crispy wasn't really explained either, or even if the Pratt/Beevers version was supposed to be Delgado.

Come to think of it there really isn't a clear line from Ainley To Roberts to Jacobi either. The Master seen at the beginning of the TV movie maybe wasn't Ainley; although the cats eyes that both he and Roberts have is supposed to be a reference to Survival.

Simm said he was "ressurected" for the time war, although it's not clear if it was from the Roberts "death", also not clear if it was the Jacobi Master who fought in the war (I know the audios have that but I'm mainly talking about the TV show).

Kind of funny that the Doctor's "master sense" never quite seems to work. He seemed to figure out Yana once the watch was opened, and knew Saxon was Simm after seeing him on TV (and even said he'd know right away), but he was slow to recognize both Missy and O.