Page 403 of 582 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 8716

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    No, not really.
    The top secret team driving around in a neon lit vehicle.
    Almost losing to the equivalent of hillbillies.
    One of the team being a date rapist.

All those mini series were awful.

It was not a great show.
    I liked Children of Earth and Miracle Day but outside of the odd episode I agree on the 1st 2 series.

It kind of occurred to me that this Adric/Doctor exchange could apply to not only Doctor Who fandom, but others which kind of pick apart "canon" and continuity:

DOCTOR: Ha, ha. Interesting stuff, isn't it?
    ADRIC: If I could understand it.
    DOCTOR: What?
    ADRIC: Well, look. I read about something that's just happened.
    DOCTOR: And?
    ADRIC: The next page says it didn't happen at all.
    DOCTOR: So?
    ADRIC: Over the page says it did happen, but many years ago.
    DOCTOR: Ah, yes. Well, I suppose it is a bit above your head. Mind you, they did say I had a very sophisticated prose style.
    ADRIC: As for your handwriting.
    DOCTOR: Handwriting? What about my handwriting?
    ADRIC: It's marvellous.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It kind of occurred to me that this Adric/Doctor exchange could apply to not only Doctor Who fandom, but others which kind of pick apart "canon" and continuity:

DOCTOR: Ha, ha. Interesting stuff, isn't it?
    ADRIC: If I could understand it.
    DOCTOR: What?
    ADRIC: Well, look. I read about something that's just happened.
    DOCTOR: And?
    ADRIC: The next page says it didn't happen at all.
    DOCTOR: So?
    ADRIC: Over the page says it did happen, but many years ago.
    DOCTOR: Ah, yes. Well, I suppose it is a bit above your head. Mind you, they did say I had a very sophisticated prose style.
    ADRIC: As for your handwriting.
    DOCTOR: Handwriting? What about my handwriting?
    ADRIC: It's marvellous.
    Lol, I just watched this episode last week. Very cool!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/04...-platform.html

Looks like this is kind of Doctor Who's version of Star Wars' "Shadows of the Empire" in a sense. Not much story details yet, but given the title, I'm wondering if it involves an alternate future where the Doctor didn't realize he went too far in Water of Mars, and judging perhaps by his time lord attire, found out Gallifrey wasn't destroyed and took it over somehow, and maybe it's up to 8 and 9 to fix things.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Looks like this is kind of Doctor Who's version of Star Wars' "Shadows of the Empire" in a sense. Not much story details yet, but given the title, I'm wondering if it involves an alternate future where the Doctor didn't realize he went too far in Water of Mars, and judging perhaps by his time lord attire, found out Gallifrey wasn't destroyed and took it over somehow, and maybe it's up to 8 and 9 to fix things.
    This should be very good.

Kind of curious that it revolves around the RTD Doctors and Mcgann. I'm guessing since Paul and Tennant are doing work for Big Finish, along with Billie while the Moffat Doctors are not; although I'm pretty sure Eccleston isn't either. Maybe the 9th's "part" will be mainly int he text or non-cast audios. The Daleks are also a bit interesting-the two in the back are "Time War" models but with different coloring than the usual gold, black etc. (although the red one doesn't have the supreme's color scheme although it looks similar) but the most prominent one is definetly an old "Dead planet" version.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-27-2020 at 09:52 AM.

I was just about to post this. Looks awesome!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

That sounds cool but I am not the biggest fan of the Big Finish audio dramas, I have tried them but they are not for me. If it was a book/comic thing I might be more enthusiastic.

It is, actually. It's cross-media, so Titan (comics) and Random House (novels) will be doing their own tie-ins. The style for the "poster" is very Big Finish though.

I'm guessing season 13 will probably be coming until mid or late 2021 regardless of the virus; so this is BBC kind of throwing fans something to do

I assume you will need to consume all of it to get the full story, I would be fine with the books and comics aspect of it, but I am not sure if I would listen to the audio dramas and I feel like I would be missing a bit of the story.

I agree that it is at least something and I would say that the BBC has been remarkably good with giving us content during the lockdown. With stories by writers past and present. I really appreciate it as they did not have to do what they are doing but they are doing it and it shows they care about their fans.

Using my SOTE analogy:

Star Wars's Shadows of the Empire had the book as the 'core' story if I remember correctly-the comic adapted some parts of the book and added some post-ESB material (Such as Luke adjusting to his new hand, the Rebel fleet almost getting discovered by the Empire, and Vader reporting to the Empire his failure) although it's main addition to the story was telling things from Boba Fett's POV, as well as adding a spy for Darth Vader into things.

The video game was pretty much entirely from Dash Rendar's POV.

Although in the end, one could read the novel and get the core story and the novel/game were more kind of bonus add-ons that focused more on side characters.

Before the CG Clone Wars series Clone Wars also kind of had a slightly similar approach as a lot of the war was told over the novels, comics, video games etc.

Then again this might be totally different, just really kind of thinking of a previous multi-media thing. Just using SOTE as a possible example of how things could happen.

I hope it isn't like the Assassins's Creed series, in the sense that the Unity and Syndicate's modern day plot required you to buy a 12-issue comic series to find out what happened, since Origins and Odyssey decided to go in a different direction. Titan comics was involved in that too

Or the old Marvel crossovers which had parts requiring you to buy many issues of different series.

I'm pretty sure the Ninth Doctor segments will probably not unfold in Big Finish, unless he suddenly did decide to do one, or they hired an impersonator/re-cast like they've done a few times for the first three Doctors.

I am not sure if it will be like SOTE. I assume all of it will be a part of the core story as to convince the customers to buy all of it. Even if it has a core that isn't the Audio Drama's, I still feel like I would be missing part of it by also not listening to them. This is the same problem I have with comic events.
    Last edited by KC; 04-28-2020 at 09:47 AM.

I am not sure if this has been put on this thread at some point, but I would recommend the Youtube channel Clever Dick Films. He has been putting out documentary-style retrospectives of every Doctor.

There's some rumors that Disney is considering rebooting "Pirates of the Carribean" but with Karen Gillian instead of Johnny Depp.

Sounds pretty good to me. Outside of Tennant she's arguably the WHO alum who has gone the most 'hollywood' so-to-speak.

I can easily see her being Anne Bonney.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I am not sure if this has been put on this thread at some point, but I would recommend the Youtube channel Clever Dick Films. He has been putting out documentary-style retrospectives of every Doctor.

I subscribe to his channel. There's about four DW channels I watch.