Page 408 of 581 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 8708

FANTASTIC-

He needs to pop up in "Diaries of River Song" and "The War Master" and just give me some crossover goodness. Have him team up with as many doctors as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I've never listened to any of these Big Finish audio stories before but since I loved Christopher Eccleston as The Ninth Doctor, I'm really quite psyched about this news and I'm almost assuredly going to order this.
    I think that's the attitude of a lot of folks who never tried Big Finish before but were also longing for the return of Eccleston so they'll give it a try. When I saw the official Youtube video for it, a lot of the commenters mentioned the site actually crashed cause that many people were trying to see the news. I think it was fans and non-fans (never tried Big Finish before) alike trying to go there and see.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    FANTASTIC-

He needs to pop up in "Diaries of River Song" and "The War Master" and just give me some crossover goodness. Have him team up with as many doctors as you can get.
    I suspect right now that BF just are having him in his own adventures, I don’t think they’ll want to overwhelm him. Though a cameo in Time Lord Victorious would be nice (since Nine is involved in that anyway).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I suspect right now that BF just are having him in his own adventures, I don’t think they’ll want to overwhelm him. Though a cameo in Time Lord Victorious would be nice (since Nine is involved in that anyway).
    I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Might have paved the way for him finally agreeing to do Big Finish audios (similar happened with Tom Baker).

Glad this is happening and someone finally wore him down. Really big fan of Eccleston and his series is one I have rewatched to death. This is probably going to be the first preorder for me from Big Finish and I have been buying those since 03.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Might have paved the way for him finally agreeing to do Big Finish audios (similar happened with Tom Baker).
    Well maybe it’s possible! We don’t yet know which Doctors are involved with the second and third parts of the Out Of Time Trilogy, might be cool if they ended up revealing that Chris is in one of them. And certainly it would be great to see him encounter Eight or Ten in the right situation.

Well maybe it’s possible! We don’t yet know which Doctors are involved with the second and third parts of the Out Of Time Trilogy, might be cool if they ended up revealing that Chris is in one of them. And certainly it would be great to see him encounter Eight or Ten in the right situation.
    Sound like 8 is most likely by THE interviews.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think people get intimidated by the scale of BF, although I've dipped my toes quite a bit and I think it's actually fine. I'm glad to see Nine come back, but honestly, I'm more interested in some stories with my favourite side characters that I never quite got enough of. Gabby and Arc from the comics for example
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I thought it would help people who are looking for some 9 stories to enjoy.

I thought it would help people who are looking for some 9 stories to enjoy.
    There's a book coming that looks like it is 8, 9, & 10.

As an aside, what are people's recommendations for Big Finish for 8? Doom Coalition or Time War? Something else?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    As an aside, what are people's recommendations for Big Finish for 8? Doom Coalition or Time War? Something else?
    I think an important thing to remember with 8 is that he has more ongoing adventures than the older Doctors did at BF. So it’s best to start with storylines that introduces him to new companions - Storm Warning with Charley, Blood of the Daleks with Lucie. I haven’t listened to any of his boxsets yet but I believe there’s a sense of ongoing adventure between Dark Eyes, Doom Coalition and Ravenous and the newest series Stranded. Whereas Time War I assume is more self contained (presumably acting as a prequel to the War Doctor boxsets and a parallel to the War Master ones).

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's a book coming that looks like it is 8, 9, & 10.

Time War is more accessible but Doom Coalition is equally a good choice. Doom Coalition follows Dark Eyes and leads into the Ravenous and Stranded but all are accessible to a degree.

Granted I started with Dark Eyes and that was more like series 7B. His new companion Molly is Clara done right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I think people get intimidated by the scale of BF, although I've dipped my toes quite a bit and I think it's actually fine. I'm glad to see Nine come back, but honestly, I'm more interested in some stories with my favourite side characters that I never quite got enough of. Gabby and Arc from the comics for example
    The monthly range is certainly large enough that I can see why it overwhelms those who are trying them for the first time. Which is why I think it is great they are doing away with that and are giving 5, 6 and 7th Doctor's their own ranges. It allows people to follow the Doctor's they are curious about, rather than feel they have to follow the entire catalog (you never had to, but I can understand if new listeners felt that way).

By the time the monthly range wraps, it will be at release, what, #275? It's time for a bit of a refresh. I just hope that the shift allows Big Finish to do "seasons" as they were for each Doctor (4 and 2 partners for 5th, 2x 1 hour/4 episode and 2 episode for 6th, 4 and 3 episodes for 7th).

Astonishing Member

I think an important thing to remember with 8 is that he has more ongoing adventures than the older Doctors did at BF. So it’s best to start with storylines that introduces him to new companions - Storm Warning with Charley, Blood of the Daleks with Lucie. I haven’t listened to any of his boxsets yet but I believe there’s a sense of ongoing adventure between Dark Eyes, Doom Coalition and Ravenous and the newest series Stranded. Whereas Time War I assume is more self contained (presumably acting as a prequel to the War Doctor boxsets and a parallel to the War Master ones).
    Well, the 8th Doctor stuff is pretty much in chronological order. You could easily start with the introduction of a new companion, but everything flows from Storm Warning onwards. The only spanner in the works is The Mary Shelley trilogy and the The New Adventures of Lucie Miller. Still, each new companion has effectively be a relaunch for the 8th Doctor. Dark Eyes until now has been fairly tight though.

I have the feeling the Time War sets were originally planned for Hurt. But, when he passed, they repurposed them for the 8th Doctor.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 08-11-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Time War is more accessible but Doom Coalition is equally a good choice. Doom Coalition follows Dark Eyes and leads into the Ravenous and Stranded but all are accessible to a degree.

Granted I started with Dark Eyes and that was more like series 7B. His new companion Molly is Clara done right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Well, the 8th Doctor stuff is pretty much in chronological order. You could easily start with the introduction of a new companion, but everything flows from Storm Warning onwards. The only spanner in the works is The Mary Shelley trilogy and the The New Adventures of Lucie Miller. Still, each new companion has effectively be a relaunch for the 8th Doctor. Dark Eyes until now has been fairly tight though.

I have the feeling the Time War sets were originally planned for Hurt. But, when he passed, they repurposed them for the 8th Doctor.
    Well, after listening to you all, I decided to start with Dark Eyes! I got the whole bundle of 4.

I'm most interested in the Time War but it is not done yet. I figured this would be a good way to wet my whistle with the 8th. If I like it, I'll continue on with the rest of 8 from there (Doom Coalition, Ravenous, maybe Stranded) while I wait for the Ninth and the end of Time War.

One episode in and I've fallen in love with Molly O'Sullivan! Her ripping into him after he disses the VAD won me right over ... and her figuring out the Doctor was helping, superbly done.

I am really, really glad I started here.

BTW, I've done other BF before, never any with 8. I've been holding out for a TV mini or something for him ... But this is superb so far!

This has better sound design than most of the BF I have heard so far (I stuck with the older BFs prior, this is the newest one for me). Sounded better than 9 and most of 10's blu ray episodes on my system! Props Big Finish.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-12-2020 at 05:53 PM.