Page 412 of 581 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 8715

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I don't think it was ever established which Doctor met "O" before the 13th became aware he was really the Master, but that could make for a bit of an interesting story.

Although some of the dialogue about that is a bit confusing. Did she meet the O who was replaced, or the Master after the replacement? Seems to be the latter, since O was showing up for his first day of work when he was replaced and wouldn't be the more experienced agent.

The Doctor's "Master sense" from the Tennant years seemed to already be off when he met Missy (He also didn't sense the Master right away in the TV movie until the Madam Curie slip started to clue him in).
    I think "O" hinted he was similar to the Decayed Master when he described himself. I thought he was another possessed body like the Ainsley or Roberts version instead of being a whole new incarnation.

I bought Volume 5 today.

Thing with the Roberts body is that it was physically dead-The Master keeps saying the body won't last long and we see some signs of decay (Such as his finger). The O Master was trapped for several decades in the 20th century and looked exactly the same (I think it's established that Time Lords can live in the same body for centuries without noticeably aging-Matt Smith's Doctor for example lived for over seven centuries before he started to look at most middle-aged).

Granted,Tremas lasted longer but Tremas wasn't human, and the Master also had the lingering abilities of a god-like being (The Keeper) instead of some weird slimy snake so the possession was probably more stable (He even managed to make Tremas younger-looking!)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Kind of sad that we're getting so many boxsets with various Masters and yet my fav hasn't had one yet, the Beevers incarnation. Still, it's great to know that there's plenty of fun content for the 50th anniversary of the Master available or incoming.

Not gonna lie, I'm curious as to what Geoffrey Beevers would like as a normal version of the Master instead of his decayed self.

I wouldn't mind of they did that for a story.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Not gonna lie, I'm curious as to what Geoffrey Beevers would like as a normal version of the Master instead of his decayed self.

I wouldn't mind of they did that for a story.
    Whilst he's still scarred in it, Big Finish did do Master as an audio which is a great examination of what Beevers' Master would be like if he tried to be a better person, albeit unknowingly. Lot of the threads found in both Utopia and Missy's stories probably started with that story.

I like the fact he's distinctive physically from the other Masters though - he doesn't have the advantage of relying on his appearance to get back, so a lot of him comes from that smooth and velvet'y evil voice of his as he operates in the shadows.

Liked Eric's take there. Calm but still very sinister. Kind of reminds me of how Ainley's Master, when he showed up in SURVIVAL, had the camp toned down (Well, apart from some of the cheetah bits). Less evil laughing and jokes, more just being subtly evil.

Been announced that season 13 is in production and will be shortened to eight episodes.

Been announced that season 13 is in production and will be shortened to eight episodes.
    Annoying but at least it sounds like that the show will be back next year and not take another year off again as was feared. Having a tighter season of eight episodes might be good too.

Big Finish has confirmed that Jacob Dudman is returning to play the Eleventh Doctor in four full cast stories within the second volume of the Eleventh Doctor Chronicles. Likely means that Matt Smith isn’t coming back yet but Jacob does a decent job.

Just listened to Enemy of My Enemy, the second part of the trilogy of adventures for the Eighth Doctor in Time Lord Victorious. Really good Dalek story that looks to set up Eight and the Dalek Time Squad’s involvement in Flesh Is Grass, the book which merges all the threads of TLV together.

The shorter season is probably mostly due to the pandemic.

Any thoughts on DALEKS!? Animation is pretty bad, especially the battle scenes, but the voice work (Mostly by Briggs I'm guessing) is pretty good, and the music sounds straight out of a Peter Davison story.

Any thoughts on DALEKS!? Animation is pretty bad, especially the battle scenes, but the voice work (Mostly by Briggs I'm guessing) is pretty good, and the music sounds straight out of a Peter Davison story.
    Most Doctor Who animation is terribly animated but excellent voice acting, story, and sound editing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Maybe a bit too early to speculate at it's probably 3 years and nine days away, but I wonder if we'll have a 60th anniversary special (Not sure but I'm guessing we might be on Doc #14 or even #15 by then, although we have Jodie for at least one more season)

Maybe a bit too early to speculate at it's probably 3 years and nine days away, but I wonder if we'll have a 60th anniversary special (Not sure but I'm guessing we might be on Doc #14 or even #15 by then, although we have Jodie for at least one more season)
    Almost certainly. I get the impression this time that Chris might even appear in this one. Six Doctors with 9-14 sounds doable.