Page 418 of 581 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 8711
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Fun New Year Special, though ultimately one of the most pointless Dalek redesigns ever since the previous models exterminated all of them in five minutes. Maybe Chris was scared about another backlash like Victory. Robinson also transcends his Trump cliche to just being a total asshat in general.

And we have a new replacement to Graham in the TARDIS, interesting. Bit worried that John Bishop is going to be a tad too similar to Bradley but at least it’s not just Yaz and 13.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some of the pics from the special show Jack near the traditional gold Dalek, so I'm guessing the Defense drone-which looks like a fancier version of the scrap metal recon Dalek from last year-is just their 'public face' like the Ironsides.

There's another possibility I think. Although the casing of recon was mostly melted maybe somebody was able to salvage enough to reverse-engineer/create these drones and they actually are just drones. Maybe the Daleks just don't like the knockoff perhaps?
    Well, looks like I was sort of half-right on the second part.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Now I kinda wanna see him meet the Capaldi Doctor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Fun New Year Special, though ultimately one of the most pointless Dalek redesigns ever since the previous models exterminated all of them in five minutes. Maybe Chris was scared about another backlash like Victory. Robinson also transcends his Trump cliche to just being a total asshat in general.

And we have a new replacement to Graham in the TARDIS, interesting. Bit worried that John Bishop is going to be a tad too similar to Bradley but at least it’s not just Yaz and 13.
    BBC a bit too afraid to have two females alone in the Tardis?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    BBC a bit too afraid to have two females alone in the Tardis?
    Going by the amount of queer baiting with Yaz lately, probably. To be honest I think they’re scared of letting a female Doctor be romantic with anyone, male or female, because that somehow cheapens her character (despite being perfectly fine with 10 and 11’s flirtations).

On an unrelated note, does this story have the dumbest scientist in science fiction ever? “Oh boss, should have told you months ago but I extracted DNA from an alien battle tank I am fairly certain had video of it attacking people and thought it was smart to clone it and give it unfiltered access to our entire information network and business? Is that cool?”

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Now I kinda wanna see him meet the Capaldi Doctor.
    yeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I think Jack might've been intended for A Good Man Goes To War, but Barrowman couldn't do it and Vastra & Jenny were substituted instead.

Capaldi of course had his own recurring immortal. Be interesting if they get Maisie/Me to meet Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Going by the amount of queer baiting with Yaz lately, probably. To be honest I think they’re scared of letting a female Doctor be romantic with anyone, male or female, because that somehow cheapens her character (despite being perfectly fine with 10 and 11’s flirtations).

On an unrelated note, does this story have the dumbest scientist in science fiction ever? “Oh boss, should have told you months ago but I extracted DNA from an alien battle tank I am fairly certain had video of it attacking people and thought it was smart to clone it and give it unfiltered access to our entire information network and business? Is that cool?”
    Thinking about it, I don’t know anything about John bishop, but I have this feeling he’s going to stand out like a sore thumb, considering he’s the new guy, and people might be keeping a close eye on the doctor/ yaz dynamic.
    Watching it now; really don’t like the hit the ground running approach- we have no clue (do we?) why the doctor was in prison or how jack found her. I would’ve liked the doctor to have that discussion about what happened to her, with graham, not Ryan. Despite the fact that Robertson was a jackass, I’m kind of glad he’s still around.
    Last edited by protege; 01-02-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Chris Noth should help to either get Sex and the City back up and running or figure out a way to go back to the character he played on Law & Order because it is gawdawful watching him be so bad on Doctor Who.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Liked it well enough. An okay, if regular Dalek themed episode. But so much better than the reconned crapfest that was the season 12 finale.
    Chris Noth and John Borrowman make everything better.

BTW, that new Torchwood promo. Please sir, can I have some more.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Anyone think the Dalek "drone" dispensing gas at the beginning might've been a small nod to the fire extinguisher "effect" from the Cushing movies?

Anyone else feel like even the possessed scientist had more to do than Graham in his own farewell episode?

Also, it's nice that we've seen Jack twice this season and not once was he killed on screen. Sure, that's telling and not showing, but he used to be killed off so gratuitously just to show off his immortality that it was sometimes just cruel and extra.

I'm not sure, but didn't he survive through Stolen Earth and Journey's end without dying either?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm not sure, but didn't he survive through Stolen Earth and Journey's end without dying either?
    Nope in Journey's End when the Tardis get pulled to the Dalek mothership he gets shot and dies and shoved into the incinerator, which he escapes from

I thought the Christmas special was a pretty fun ep.
    The opening prison scene(s) was well done. Everything had a Terminator fate is what we make inevitability vibe to it I really enjoyed.
    The ending was kinda sad but the character interactions all through the ep. kinda supported it.

On a tangent here, but I’ve been rewatching old Macgyver eps, and the same day I watched this Dr. Who I watched Macgyver S2 ep1. It was called “The Human Factor” and I swear it had prototype Daleks it it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v72KmFH4VIA

There’s a couple of quick glimpses in the above clip.
    Anyone ever hear about this?