Page 433 of 581 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 8715

You can PM each other you know, right?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    You can PM each other you know, right?
    A fine idea. I'll let this drop altogether but if Mik wants we can continue via PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A fine idea. I'll let this drop altogether but if Mik wants we can continue via PM.
    No that's fine. I think we'd all rather return to just talking about Dr. Who

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/it-...-of-the-hodiac

Big Finish is adapting a Russell T. Davies script for the 6th Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Well, blame the mods. This started in another unrelated thread. I offhandedly mentioned Dr. Who and Mik kept asking me to prove everything I stated (which is common knowledge such as the ratings decline since Capaldi and the initial boost Jodie received) thus things spiraled way out of control. I apologize because the mods made a mistake, IMHO, not putting this in its own thread or deleting the posts from the other thread completely.
    Or, hear me out...you & Mik could have just stopped.

"Blame the mods." FFS...
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Or, hear me out...you & Mik could have just stopped.

"Blame the mods." FFS...
    delete post
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-11-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Sorry for derailing the thread. I got carried away.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...MAfwnTFOOtlKr4

List of upcoming Big Finish releases for March 2021

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Looks interesting! As well as Osgood we have Lawrence from Blink in this and some online have suggested he might have been compromised when he was staring down the Angel (since now we know that is what they want to happen as revealed in The Time Of Angels with Amy).

"The End of Everything" comes out today.

Well with the sale going on (till the 21st) where all of the monthly ranges from 1 to 100 are half off, I got about $30 worth of audios. Oddly I got a lot of Fifth Doctor. I go by the synopsis and reviews from thetimescales.com.

Most of the first hundred releases are high quality since they were done before they increased their output significantly. The Chimes of Midnight, Spare Parts, Jubilee, Bang Bang A Boom! and Davros are probably my favourites.

"Spare Parts" is easily my favorite, but I got that a while ago since I like Cyberman stories. Speaking of which, now there's a Cyberman sale. lol 60% off selected titles.

"Davros" had bits of "I, Davros" interspersed between, guess that saved me the trouble of getting that audio. But it was good, as well as "The Juggernauts" which also featured Davros vs The 6th Doctor again.

Huh. I have "Jubilee" (says "You purchased this in 2019") but I don't remember it. Guess I'm listening to it again.

"The Chimes of Midnight" and "Bang Bang A Boom!" are Christmas tales, which typically don't interest me (though I've so far enjoyed NuWho's Christmas tales to varying degrees). I dunno, but...$1.99 until the 21st so...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    "Spare Parts" is easily my favorite, but I got that a while ago since I like Cyberman stories. Speaking of which, now there's a Cyberman sale. lol 60% off selected titles.

"Davros" had bits of "I, Davros" interspersed between, guess that saved me the trouble of getting that audio. But it was good, as well as "The Juggernauts" which also featured Davros vs The 6th Doctor again.

Huh. I have "Jubilee" (says "You purchased this in 2019") but I don't remember it. Guess I'm listening to it again.

"The Chimes of Midnight" and "Bang Bang A Boom!" are Christmas tales, which typically don't interest me (though I've so far enjoyed NuWho's Christmas tales to varying degrees). I dunno, but...$1.99 until the 21st so...maybe.
    Jubilee is the story which inspired the Ninth Doctor adventure Dalek by the same author (the man who gave me my username in fact), which itself is a great story but I think Jubilee might be better. Definitely one of the better Dalek stories. The Chimes of Midnight is a sinister turn of the century Christmas murder mystery with Eight and Charley, really good with a nice twist which you should definitely try not to get spoiled about. Bang Bang A Boom! is a funny but loving parody of Star Trek and the Eurovision Song Contest - it's not set at Christmas but definitely doesn't take itself too seriously. It and its previous counterpart The One Doctor as well as Flip Flop (also a great story) made me realize that Mel is actually an awesome companion when written well.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Jubilee is the story which inspired the Ninth Doctor adventure Dalek by the same author (the man who gave me my username in fact), which itself is a great story but I think Jubilee might be better. Definitely one of the better Dalek stories.
    I know I listened to it cause it was one of the stories I made a point to listen to while doing data entry...I just can't remember it for some reason. But cool, I'll listen to it again and report back.

The Chimes of Midnight is a sinister turn of the century Christmas murder mystery with Eight and Charley, really good with a nice twist which you should definitely try not to get spoiled about. Bang Bang A Boom! is a funny but loving parody of Star Trek and the Eurovision Song Contest - it's not set at Christmas but definitely doesn't take itself too seriously. It and its previous counterpart The One Doctor as well as Flip Flop (also a great story) made me realize that Mel is actually an awesome companion when written well.
    I actually have "Flip Flop", its well written in that it doesn't matter which order you listen to it (White Part first or Black Part first).

Fine, I'll give them a try (Chimes/Bang Bang/and now One Doctor). Sales help, and I'm glad Big Finish has them very often. Oh and excerpts, those help too. Thanks!