Page 439 of 582 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 8716
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Christopher Eccleston is 'entirely open' to meeting The Master or River Song

#9 meeting Missy kinda writes itself. You could just put both in a recording room and say "be your characters and action!"
    He was also asked if he would reprise Macbeth for Big Finish as well. Which he said he gladly would.

I think the big take away is that it appears as if he is open to doing more audios post Ravagers. Many assumed he had just agreed to do Ravagers and that would be it. However, the experience seems to be the total opposite to the one he endured filming the show back in the day. Which is nice.

I do admire him for being frank in that he decided to give them a shot because it is paid work. It may not be what some want to hear, but at least he is honest.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-22-2021 at 01:22 AM.

"Master!" is a fun reintroduction to Eric Robert's take on the character.

I'm hoping he tangles with either 9 or 10 next. Since he is a past incarnation, you could get around the whole "last of the timelord" aspect.

You can also probably use the Day of the Doctor excuse (Which also sort of worked for "World Enough in Time"), timelines in flux-either that or a memory wipe of some kind.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-who-revival-pitches/amp/

Yeah these are weird. I do wanna see the Gatiss one come to life for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It has become a tradition now, but it was never a set "rule" otherwise Pertwee wouldn't have done 5 years or Tom 7 years. An actor can stay as long as they want, really. Or however long the BBC wants them around.

RTD has said Eccleston only wanted to do one year. But Eccleston has since said that wasn't the case originally and that he was supposed to last the length of RTD's tenure (certainly 3 seasons or so). Matt Smith said in a interview prior to filming series 5 that the BBC hoped he would stay 4 to 5 years. A decision fueled by them being blindsided by Tennant bowing out when he did as they wanted him to stay in the role far longer than he did.
    Oh yeah. I'm curious about how series 8 and 9 would turn out with Smith instead of Capaldi. Series 8 would stay the same but series 9 is gonna be the siege of Trenzalore.

Eccleston is a whole other can of worms. For all we know, the fakeout regeneration in Journey's end could be our intro to the new Doctor.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-23-2021 at 02:42 PM.

About half way through Smith's run, I thought they would just let Smith play the Doctor for a very long time. Like let him get old playing him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    You can also probably use the Day of the Doctor excuse (Which also sort of worked for "World Enough in Time"), timelines in flux-either that or a memory wipe of some kind.
    That works too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Oh yeah. I'm curious about how series 8 and 9 would turn out with Smith instead of Capaldi. Series 8 would stay the same but series 9 is gonna be the siege of Trenzalore.

Eccleston is a whole other can of worms. For all we know, the fakeout regeneration in Journey's end could be our intro to the new Doctor.
    Series 8 would have, as you said, stayed the same. Purely because some writers who wrote for that series have said they were writing those stories specifically for Smith. Then word came down he decided to leave and they had to be rewritten. Which is why Capaldi had trouble pinning his Doctor down for the first half of it. Series 9, on the other hand, was written for him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/doctor-who-revival-pitches/amp/

Yeah these are weird. I do wanna see the Gatiss one come to life for reasons.
    The Freedman one is well known. Death Comes To Time was supposed to shepherd in further webisodes. I believe the intention was to effectively "end" Doctor Who by killing him off and then move forward with another Time Lord in the driver's seat. Whether the Doctor was dead or not would be left ambiguous.

Anything with "reboot" in it I want no bar of. The show has a history that should be respected. The problem is writers who continually lace stories with unnecessary continuity references. Is it nice for long term fans? Yes. But anybody should be able to tune in and not left bewildered by what is going on. They made that mistake during Colin's tenure and have started doing it again now.

Doctor Who stories should just have a situation unfolding, the Doctor and co turn up, get involved, help solve it, and then head off. It's a proven formula.

Not sure how season 8 would've work with Smith, I'm guessing there would be less of his Doctor kind of being kind of aloof and insulting at times, which seemed to be tailored to Capaldi's other roles.

If anything I think the season 9-10 version seems a bit more like Smith, although more like Capaldi is in 'real life'. (the guitar, for instance).

Kind of like in a sense how Roger Moore's Bond was originally based on Connery, but eventually he put more of his own personality in there.

Ultimate Member

Not sure how season 8 would've work with Smith, I'm guessing there would be less of his Doctor kind of being kind of aloof and insulting at times, which seemed to be tailored to Capaldi's other roles.

If anything I think the season 9-10 version seems a bit more like Smith, although more like Capaldi is in 'real life'. (the guitar, for instance).

Kind of like in a sense how Roger Moore's Bond was originally based on Connery, but eventually he put more of his own personality in there.
    I honestly don't see anyone doing "Capaldi" except Capaldi himself

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Series 8 would have, as you said, stayed the same. Purely because some writers who wrote for that series have said they were writing those stories specifically for Smith. Then word came down he decided to leave and they had to be rewritten. Which is why Capaldi had trouble pinning his Doctor down for the first half of it. Series 9, on the other hand, was written for him.

To me, Series 8 would've happened in broad strokes. Missy and the Nethersphere would still be the same but the journey would be different. 11 was more puppy dog eyes over Clara so they'd lean into that more. Granted I don't know if 11 would still have beef with Danny. His past as a soldier and struggles with trauma are interesting enough. He could've been a companion before he died.

Series 9 would be different if Coleman sticks around or leaves. Last Christmas was gonna be her final episode so 2 years with Smith could cause her to bow out early. You can't do her Series 9 stuff with a new companion. So series 9 would be the siege of trenzalore season long. Each episode a different era of the 1000 year struggle.

I don't think the eleventh Doctor would've minded the Danny thing too much; he was fully behind the Amy/Rory relationship, although Rory himself occasionally became jealous.

The Danny Pink storyline sort of seemed like the 9th/Mickey thing except Clara clearly had more feelings for Danny than the new Doctor, whereas Rose pretty much ditched Mickey, although Mickey eventually learned to accept that (although it might've helped that the Tenth was generally nicer to him and Jackie than the ninth).

Ultimate Member

I don't think the eleventh Doctor would've minded the Danny thing too much; he was fully behind the Amy/Rory relationship, although Rory himself occasionally became jealous.

The Danny Pink storyline sort of seemed like the 9th/Mickey thing except Clara clearly had more feelings for Danny than the new Doctor, whereas Rose pretty much ditched Mickey, although Mickey eventually learned to accept that (although it might've helped that the Tenth was generally nicer to him and Jackie than the ninth).
    If there's one think good about the latest two Doctors, it's the total lack of romantic pseudo-tension with the companions. I really don't miss it

It's been awhile since I saw the odds update but we have a new person rumored! "It's A Sin" actor Olly Alexander recently said it would be amazing to play the Doctor.

Michaela Cole (whom has said no), Olly Alexander, & Kelly MacDonald are now at 6/1.

Maxine Peak, Natalie Dormer, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Richard Ayoade are all still at 8/1.

There are two new dark horses, too. Michael Sheen & Matt Berry!

I am digging the oddball choices here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If there's one think good about the latest two Doctors, it's the total lack of romantic pseudo-tension with the companions. I really don't miss it
    I have enjoyed that, too. Listening to lots of 8 right now and I have to say I want a return and a long run of companions like that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium