Page 440 of 582 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 8716
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I have enjoyed that, too. Listening to lots of 8 right now and I have to say I want a return and a long run of companions like that.
    Yeah, I like the Doctor without romantic attachments for the most part, and i don't like seeing a bunch of love triangles with the companions

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, I like the Doctor without romantic attachments for the most part, and i don't like seeing a bunch of love triangles with the companions
    Same here, romance free is how the Doctor should be, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah. Besides, his/her relationship with the Master is more interesting than any romance would be

Yeah. Besides, his/her relationship with the Master is more interesting than any romance would be
    Agreed 100%

I know people will hate me for saying this but I could ship them (even before the Doctor's sex change), given the right story.

Edit - Part of the reason is they are equals whereas the Doctor is in a position of vast power over all of the champions. I tend not to like power imbalanced romantic relationships (with scant few exceptions) they aren't my thing.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-26-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Ultimate Member

Agreed 100%

I know people will hate me for saying this but I could ship them (even before the Doctor's sex change), given the right story.

Edit - Part of the reason is they are equals whereas the Doctor is in a position of vast power over all of the champions. I tend not to like power imbalanced romantic relationships (with scant few exceptions) they aren't my thing.
    I didn't really mean shipping, personally, just their frenemy relationship

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's been awhile since I saw the odds update but we have a new person rumored! "It's A Sin" actor Olly Alexander recently said it would be amazing to play the Doctor.

Michaela Cole (whom has said no), Olly Alexander, & Kelly MacDonald are now at 6/1.

Maxine Peak, Natalie Dormer, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Richard Ayoade are all still at 8/1.

There are two new dark horses, too. Michael Sheen & Matt Berry!

I am digging the oddball choices here.

I have enjoyed that, too. Listening to lots of 8 right now and I have to say I want a return and a long run of companions like that.
    Olly was good in It's A Sin, but him being included is due to RTD and Barrowman backing him. Don't know if he would commit full term because he is a musician first. He is also too young. Matt was a rare case and Davison was cast because he was well-known from being all over British TV. Maybe in a few years Olly can do it.

Out of them, I like Richard the most. The guy just has a "doctor" look about him. Plus he is around the sweet spot of 35 - 45. Matt Berry wouldn't be bad. Sheen would be a dream, but would he be up for it?

Kelly was great in Line Of Duty. So I wouldn't mind her. But out of the actresses being considered I'd like Waller-Bridge. Plus she is a damn good writer and can probably touch up the writing over there (because it damn well needs it).

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Olly was good in It's A Sin, but him being included is due to RTD and Barrowman backing him. Don't know if he would commit full term because he is a musician first. He is also too young. Matt was a rare case and Davison was cast because he was well-known from being all over British TV. Maybe in a few years Olly can do it.

Out of them, I like Richard the most. The guy just has a "doctor" look about him. Plus he is around the sweet spot of 35 - 45. Matt Berry wouldn't be bad. Sheen would be a dream, but would he be up for it?

Kelly was great in Line Of Duty. So I wouldn't mind her. But out of the actresses being considered I'd like Waller-Bridge. Plus she is a damn good writer and can probably touch up the writing over there (because it damn well needs it).
    Ayoda gave a very Doctor-esque performance in Soul.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I didn't really mean shipping, personally, just their frenemy relationship
    Ah, to each their own.

I do enjoy their frenemy dynamic as well.

Ultimate Member

Ah, to each their own.

I do enjoy their frenemy dynamic as well.
    No problem. I've never done the whole shipping thing. But the two have an entertaining "friendship"

No problem. I've never done the whole shipping thing. But the two have an entertaining "friendship"
    Indeed they do entertaining and intriguing.

PS I'm all about the shipping, usually.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Anyone going to the Time Fracture interactive show? They just confirmed two cameos in the immersive experience:

spoilers:
    David Bradley as the First Doctor and John Barrowman as Jack Harkness!
    end of spoilers

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

So i used to have the mindset as someone who ignored Doctor Who for ages, until finally watching the NuWho on Netflix (way back when it was stillon there) and loving it...I liked some of the classic stuff, but being largely turned off by it.

But after watching a lot more of it in years past, listening to the audio dramas and watching it in the last few weeks on Pluto TV, I love the classic stuff as well. Loooooooove Pertwee's 3rd Doctor, growing to really love Davison's 5th and even enjoying more 6th and 7th (mostly due to the audio drama greatness from both of them, but liking some of the episodes on Pluto as well)....hell I'm even warming up to Troughton and i always said his and Hartnell's seasons would always remain at the bottom of the list no matter how long it got.

Hartnell would probably still stay at the bottom though.

I like to think plenty of the older stuff is good....or am I just an easy to please fan who will take any and all Doctor Who, lol
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

All of this. I realize in this day and age it seems every show that has male and female leads MUST have a romance whether or not they get to it quickly or needlessly slow burn it over the course of the show. I just like the Doctor having some friends he or she likes to roam around time and space with.

If anything let the Doctor get interested in someone on a planet/time they land in and have some drama that way. has that ever happened?
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    All of this. I realize in this day and age it seems every show that has male and female leads MUST have a romance whether or not they get to it quickly or needlessly slow burn it over the course of the show. I just like the Doctor having some friends he or she likes to roam around time and space with.

If anything let the Doctor get interested in someone on a planet/time they land in and have some drama that way. has that ever happened?
    To be fair, I don't think it's a new thing. For the Doctor, yeah, but male and female leads being romantic has always been a thing

What about companion/companion romances? It's been suggested that Ian and Barbera, Ben and Polly, Jaime and Victoria were kind of a thing but never really confirmed, Amy and Rory of course were already involved, although we've had romances come out of practically nowhere; Vicki, Jo and Leela I think both left with the guest star of the serial (although I think with Jo at least there was enough of a build-up there) and then there's Martha/Mickey which did kind of come out of nowhere as well.

Of course there's also the Fourth Doctor/Romana but I think that's mainly just fans kind of projecting the real life Tom and Lalla fling onto the characters; Sarah Jane having a thing for the Doctor was kind of a new series retcon I think.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth