Page 441 of 581 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 8715

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    What about companion/companion romances? It's been suggested that Ian and Barbera, Ben and Polly, Jaime and Victoria were kind of a thing but never really confirmed, Amy and Rory of course were already involved, although we've had romances come out of practically nowhere; Vicki, Jo and Leela I think both left with the guest star of the serial (although I think with Jo at least there was enough of a build-up there) and then there's Martha/Mickey which did kind of come out of nowhere as well.

Of course there's also the Fourth Doctor/Romana but I think that's mainly just fans kind of projecting the real life Tom and Lalla fling onto the characters; Sarah Jane having a thing for the Doctor was kind of a new series retcon I think.
    I like those.

I liked River/Doctor but I wouldn't call her companion.

I guess I get more annoyed with the Dotor/companion romance plot threads because it makes the Doctor really creepy, IMHO.

Probably why Donna is still my favorite of the NuWho companions.

"You just want to mate!?" LOL! Gets me every time! Loved them together.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

What about companion/companion romances? It's been suggested that Ian and Barbera, Ben and Polly, Jaime and Victoria were kind of a thing but never really confirmed, Amy and Rory of course were already involved, although we've had romances come out of practically nowhere; Vicki, Jo and Leela I think both left with the guest star of the serial (although I think with Jo at least there was enough of a build-up there) and then there's Martha/Mickey which did kind of come out of nowhere as well.

Of course there's also the Fourth Doctor/Romana but I think that's mainly just fans kind of projecting the real life Tom and Lalla fling onto the characters; Sarah Jane having a thing for the Doctor was kind of a new series retcon I think.
    I think companion romances are good, as long as they're non-toxic. I just don't like the Doctor getting involved into a love triangle with them. But if the companions are involved with one another, that's perfectly fine

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

One can argue that the Doctor wasn't especially interested in romance until his Fourth incarnation, though there was a pretty adorable mature romance early on between the First Doctor and the Aztec Cameca in The Aztecs, and some people do ship Three and Jo (though I see them more as father and daughter myself). But once Four arrived I could see more Doctor/Companion romances as viable, especially Four and Sarah, Four and Romana or Five and Nyssa. Six and Evelyn too in the Audio adventures. But then there's not really many other other Classic Doctors I ship with companions. The Doctor does I think have a 'type' - older and more non-human characters that are a match mentally. Which is probably why I never clicked with Rose as she wasn't especially hitting that type.

Ian and Barbara and Amy and Rory are both awesome pairings. I also loved Jamie and Victoria (though again one could argue they and also Jamie and Zoe are more of a siblings relationship). The Brigadier and Liz Shaw is probably my favorite Fandom pairing (made more awkward by Alistair being married twice before).

I do wonder if 13 will ever be allowed to have a romantic moment, especially with a male character - it seems like the writers were happy to let 10 and 11 flirt all the time but now the Doctor is a woman that's somehow an issue. Fans pair her up with both the Master (for angst) and Yaz (for agenda) but personally I don't see those myself.

I think Modern Masters have a romantic ex subtext with Missy being the most explicit. The exception would be Jacobi to me as he sounds more like a disappointed teacher.

There actually seems to be a bit more going on with the Master being romantically involved than the Doctor....I think he briefly seems to have something going on with a Queen in Time Monster.

Chantho was attracted to Yana although apparently he never reciprocated (Kind of drawing a parrarel to Martha, Jack and the Doctor as a bit of a joke). Then there's Lucy Saxon of course.

He did kiss Grace but that was more of an evil thing as he "killed" her shortly thereafter.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

One of my favorite Who Tubers did a video breaking down the Doctor's approach to love.

I'm personally ok with it. I'm in a similar boat to Derek Metaltron; the doctor has a type and they should be older characters that could match them mentally.

What about companion/companion romances?....
    I have no objections to those (if done correctly).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Big Finish has made some interesting announcements recently. They're celebrating 40 years of the Fifth Doctor next year with four stories over two box-sets called Forty that tells a overarching story over his incarnation with appearances by Nyssa, Adric, Tegan, Kamelion and Turlough, plus the Brigadier and old enemies with the Cybermen, Ice Warriors and Autons. The Cybermen story is even a direct sequel to Tomb of the Cybermen, which is interesting.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the...or-turns-forty

The second title in the new Audio Novels line has been revealed and it's a Fourth Doctor and Adric adventure read by old goldstar himself, Mathew Waterhouse, set not long before the events of Four's final days in Logopolis called Watchers. It's SEVEN HOURS long and will see Four and Adric trapped in the Time Vortex in a wreckage of Time Ships with numerous other time travelling races... including the Daleks, voiced of course by Nick Briggs. Releasing Jan 2022.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/audiobook-adric

And finally they revealed that Rory's second volume of adventures in The Lone Centurion sees him in Camelot with King Arthur, Lancelot and Guinevere! Curious to hear how that one turns out.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/ror...he-round-table

Astonishing Member

There actually seems to be a bit more going on with the Master being romantically involved than the Doctor....I think he briefly seems to have something going on with a Queen in Time Monster.
    That was more a ploy to usurp the King of Atlantis to gain access to the vault where the crystal was so he could unleash the Chronovore. But my god was there chemistry between Delgado and Ingrid Pitt.

The Master thinks everyone is below him. So I doubt he ever has "genuine" feelings of love for anybody. If he does show it, it is usually to serve as a means to a end for his own goals.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

One of my favorite Who Tubers did a video breaking down the Doctor's approach to love.

I'm personally ok with it. I'm in a similar boat to Derek Metaltron; the doctor has a type and they should be older characters that could match them mentally.
    This. It is why the whole thing with Rose wasn't my cup of tea and never truly sat right with me because the dynamic between the two is too lopsided.

I don't know if anyone else saw this story but it seems Noel Clarke is being accused of misconduct by about 20 women. I'm not making light of this story but come on Mickey, really? Article link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I don't know if anyone else saw this story but it seems Noel Clarke is being accused of misconduct by about 20 women. I'm not making light of this story but come on Mickey, really? Article link.
    The least obvious are the ones you need to watch out for. I mean, did we all expect Bill Cosby or Rolf Harris to be nonces? In saying that, it is still allegations at this point. But 20 (or more) women is more than enough smoke to cause concerns for a fire.

Damn it if it's true.

Ultimate Member

It's hard to overlook the considerable number of complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Mickey the Idiot