Page 447 of 580 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 8689

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think the case for McGann getting a second proper (or truthfully, full) on-screen run is a bit different than seeing Baker or Tennant come back.

By and large, I agree with you. I'd love to see some more of the Caretaker ... perhaps he regens into previous Doctors, just older each time.
    I'm find with them just doing more 8th Doctor stories. I don't know if I need him to be #15 or whatever # we end up at.

Same face doesn't necessarily mean the same persona, possibly. Although he wasn't there too long he wasn't acting exactly like the Fourth Doctor....

Then again personas can change a bit within a regeneration-McCoy is the biggest example, Capaldi as well although he was still occasionally grumpy.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-11-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

https://nerdist.com/article/ninth-do...as-big-finish/

Descriptions for 9th Doctor: "respond to all calls".

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://nerdist.com/article/ninth-do...as-big-finish/

Descriptions for 9th Doctor: "respond to all calls".
    I'm looking forward to it even though I've yet to receive the first set yet. (It's on the way).
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The War Doctor Begins comes out today.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Jackie Lane has just passed away. Makes me wonder if this might have an impact on her replacement as Dodo in the Big Finish audios being delayed since it might be seen as a bit insensitive for a release now?

Masterful works like a supervillian family reunion .

The War Doctor's early days remind me of 12's. They have a similar mercurial quality to them.

Daily Mail is insisting that Olly Alexander is going to be the 14th Doctor because RTD has given his blessing for it after him being in It’s A Sin. I would be concerned that the BBC would only be doing this to have a big song and dance like they did for Jodie by having the first gay actor to play the Doctor over any characterisation or solid plot lines since Chris will still be calling the shots, but I can still be cautiously optimistic that the show will improve I guess.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Time-Lord.html

Moffat did improve once Capaldi came on so maybe a new Doctor would help Chibnall? I was hoping for Jo Martin but I'll give the new guy or gal a chance.

Just confirmed to be false by his manager, so let speculation recommence!

My copy of the Ravagers Ninth Doctor audio drama arrived in the mail yesterday. I hope to listen to it over the long holiday weekend.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Considering I'm primarily a Classic Who type, I am rather excited for The Evil of the Daleks (1967) animated DVD release coming in late September.

https://gizmodo.com/doctor-whos-long...ima-1847210737
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Considering I'm primarily a Classic Who type, I am rather excited for The Evil of the Daleks (1967) animated DVD release coming in late September.

https://gizmodo.com/doctor-whos-long...ima-1847210737
    Have you been enjoying the animated classics? They have been mostly hit or miss for me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Have you been enjoying the animated classics? They have been mostly hit or miss for me.
    Some are a miss, particularly the earliest ones (like The Reign of Terror) where they didn't have the best technology or a high enough budget, but I've enjoyed most of them. And BBC is doing a better job of loading them up with options/extras (black & white, color, telesnaps with narration, etc). The most recent ones (The Macra Terror, Faceless Ones, and Fury from the Deep) have been really fun and well animated. I expect Evil will be of a similarly strong standard.

I am one of those Classic fans at times almost obsessed a bit with the topic of the missing episodes, so these animated releases are a big deal for me. I also follow lost shows and (silent) films (unrelated to Doctor Who), so the interests are all connected a bit.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-02-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    My copy of the Ravagers Ninth Doctor audio drama arrived in the mail yesterday. I hope to listen to it over the long holiday weekend.
    Have fun pal.