Page 458 of 580 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 8689

A second series of audio dramas featuring Christopher Eccleston as The Ninth Doctor has been announced.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    A second series of audio dramas featuring Christopher Eccleston as The Ninth Doctor has been announced.

There's rumors of a new trailer coming up shortly for the next season (Which I think is still scheduled for later this year). Hopefully it's better than the last one. Also Kind of curious if it'll hint toward's Jodie's regeneration, like Capaldi's did (although at least one of those was a fake out-the fake regeneration from "Lie of the Land")
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I just saw this information. Big Finish is running a Warehouse Clearance sale including for some Doctor Who sets. But you gotta act fast because I believe there's maybe a couple hours left in the sale.

Here's the direct link to the sale info page.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...ent=warbringer

The War Doctor Begins volume 2 "Warbringer" details got announced.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...PuAo_0xCFGo5bI

Russell T. Davies returns as showrunner for the 60th anniversary and beyond.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...PuAo_0xCFGo5bI

Russell T. Davies returns as showrunner for the 60th anniversary and beyond.
    That's a pretty surprising turn of events.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Think the only time this happened before was when Barry Letts came in to help JNT in his first year (and Tom's last) but even that was quite different.

Given that she's worked a bit with RTD lately, any possible chance on Emma Thompson?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Very surprised, the BBC must have really wanted their star player back! Makes it very likely we’ll get Ten back for another Doctor reunion as well. I am cautiously optimistic about the future of the series with ‘hello faithful viewer!’ back.

Wonder if he can get Murray Gold to come back. Nothing against the new guy, really....but apart from his Master theme I don't think the new music is that memorable. The theme, while arguably more true to the 60s and 70s version, doesn't get you quite as pumped as the 2005-2017 versions did.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-24-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if he can get Murray Gold to come back. Nothing against the new guy, really....but apart from his Master theme I don't think the new music is that memorable. The theme, while arguably more true to the 60s and 70s version, doesn't get you quite as pumped as the 2005-2017 versions did.
    Gold began to have the same issues Simpson had in that his scores/arrangements started to have a "sameness" about them. But a issue I had with the music was that the mixer/sound editor turned the dial up on it to achieve dramatic tension and it drowned the dialogue of the actors out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Very surprised, the BBC must have really wanted their star player back! Makes it very likely we’ll get Ten back for another Doctor reunion as well. I am cautiously optimistic about the future of the series with ‘hello faithful viewer!’ back.
    A proven commodity and RTD new how to make the show accessible to both the fans and the casual viewer. On the one hand, RTD has gotten much better since then as a writer and showrunner (guy was good to start with but we are talking 10 plus years of extra experience) and I think he can view his previous tenure and see where he could have improved things.

However, on the other hand, getting RTD back does smack that the BBC have no one else to do the show (nor wants to do it) and are probably concerned with how the show has degraded under Chibnall. They won't admit that of course, but this is a hail mary play by them to be sure.

Ultimate Member

I doubt there was no one else able and willing

The return of Russell T. Davies could be quite a good thing. But it all boils down to him turning out good stories and picking someone to be the new Doctor who can give a great performance.