Page 468 of 582 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 8716

The Master has had a few incarnations that have been somewhat skeletal (The Pratt/Beevers version, and the 'came back wrong' Simm Master who kept going see-through in End of Time).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jenny's big finish boxset comes out this week.

Viewed the second. I liked and hated it more. Liked the Sontarans in the Crimean war, but the Doctor said Mary Seacole's full name far too many times for me. It felt like they were trying to make us viewers remember her name and her role. BTW She didn't go into the front to collect wounded either; regarding this Dr Who version casting shade at Florence Nightingale.

The character Dan seems to be a cartoon character, but the warmth of the actor seems to show through. Dan staking claims to all ideas trait SHOULD be very grating to me (I worked with someone like that), knowledge of Seacole, "Is that Mary Seacole?'' when he obviously didn't know her earlier. Or is it poor continuity like all those Sontarans suddenly being reduced to a mere two chasing after Dan in Liverpool? Dog man's fine as well.

I just hate the grand story so far. I don't like the villains and I don't like the mashing together of the old foes stories into the main narrative. Rather than standing apart on their own. Either have One main story broken into 6 parts, or separate stories with a thread running through them. I fear I'm going to find this increasingly stupid.

Given all the weird time stuff going around, it's no wonder the Angels are around. It's practically a smorgasbord of time energy.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Viewed the second. I liked and hated it more. Liked the Sontarans in the Crimean war, but the Doctor said Mary Seacole's full name far too many times for me. It felt like they were trying to make us viewers remember her name and her role. BTW She didn't go into the front to collect wounded either; regarding this Dr Who version casting shade at Florence Nightingale.

The character Dan seems to be a cartoon character, but the warmth of the actor seems to show through. Dan staking claims to all ideas trait SHOULD be very grating to me (I worked with someone like that), knowledge of Seacole, "Is that Mary Seacole?'' when he obviously didn't know her earlier. Or is it poor continuity like all those Sontarans suddenly being reduced to a mere two chasing after Dan in Liverpool? Dog man's fine as well.

I just hate the grand story so far. I don't like the villains and I don't like the mashing together of the old foes stories into the main narrative. Rather than standing apart on their own. Either have One main story broken into 6 parts, or separate stories with a thread running through them. I fear I'm going to find this increasingly stupid.
    The mashing as you put it was definitely frustrating, of the three the Seacole story was the most developed and satisfying to watch but the other two felt like they needed more time. There were interesting elements...but they didn't really hit home because there just wasn't the time to devote to them. It should have been three separate episodes.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Something that I forgot to mention. Doesn't it seen rather odd for the Sontarans to not have staggered shifts so the whole army doesn't have that period of extreme vulnerability?

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Something that I forgot to mention. Doesn't it seen rather odd for the Sontarans to not have staggered shifts so the whole army doesn't have that period of extreme vulnerability?
    It's always been my feeling that although they have large numbers and dangerous weapons that the Sontarans were otherwise known to be something of a laughing stock to the universe at large.
    Like, maybe the warrior they cloned long ago was a really great warrior and tactician but because they keep cloning clones of clones it's a lot like what happens with copy machines where eventually the image is near unrecognizable so in essence the clones of today are like ignorant hicks compared to what they were in the past.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 11-13-2021 at 04:45 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Unhappy

I've seen some terrible rumors about what is planned for the season/series final involving those two new crystal-based characters. I'm not going to post the rumors here but, trust me, they are arguably WROSE than the Timeless Child retcon. Normally I would not give much credence to such rumors but they were posted by the same source who posted the Timeless Child rumors which proved true. And here I was ready to give the TV series a chance again, I think I'll play it safe and wait until Davis returns.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've seen some terrible rumors about what is planned for the season/series final involving those two new crystal-based characters. I'm not going to post the rumors here but, trust me, they are arguably WROSE than the Timeless Child retcon. Normally I would not give much credence to such rumors but they were posted by the same source who posted the Timeless Child rumors which proved true. And here I was ready to give the TV series a chance again, I think I'll play it safe and wait until Davis returns.....
    Goes rumor hunting...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Goes rumor hunting...
    "If you go onto the Doctor Who Reddit, only pain you will find."

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Are these new episodes being shown on BBC America?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Are these new episodes being shown on BBC America?
    Yeah. That's how I watch them. If you wanna stream then it's on HBO MAX in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yeah. That's how I watch them. If you wanna stream then it's on HBO MAX in the states.
    I don't think HBO Max has the latest episodes though, but youtube tv does

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't think HBO Max has the latest episodes though, but youtube tv does
    Thanks for that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Any specific thread of the Reddit?