Page 469 of 581 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519569 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 8709

Chibnall tried to outdo Moffat and broke my brain.

If you thought the last two episodes were confusing....you ain't gonna like this one.

It works as an intro to Vinder. I'm hoping Chibs can juggle all 4 now.

Chibnall gave Big Finish the pitch for a Fugitive Doctor spinoff .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-15-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Felt like a wasted episode, showing timeliness that don't mean anything. Only the last few minutes were important to the story.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Division I think is kind of like the Celestial Intervention Agency from a lot of WHO EU I think. It was basically I think trying to explain how the Time Lords could stick to non-interference but also, on occasion, assign the Doctor to missions on their behalf (Colony In Space, Curse of Peladon, Brain Of Morbius, Genesis of the Daleks, Two Doctors etc). Kind of section 31 in Star Trek.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Division I think is kind of like the Celestial Intervention Agency from a lot of WHO EU I think. It was basically I think trying to explain how the Time Lords could stick to non-interference but also, on occasion, assign the Doctor to missions on their behalf (Colony In Space, Curse of Peladon, Brain Of Morbius, Genesis of the Daleks, Two Doctors etc). Kind of section 31 in Star Trek.
    The Celestial Intervention Agency is actually from Who proper, not just EU, as it is mentioned in The Deadly Assassin TV serial.

Although the term is brought up I think it was kind of elaborated on-and linked to the other interventions-moreso in the novels/audios/comics/reference books.

I'm kind of wondering how this will pan out. Will there perhaps be a reset button ending, or a clean slate for the next Doctor/RTD's return? I'm guessing reset button, since I think the Flux pretty much ate the rest of Earth's solar system so that's probably going to be hard to explain in later WHO. Then again, the moon was destroyed and then restored with a new one in a Capaldi episode...Logopolis of course destroyed chunks of the universe, but the only known casualties seemed to be two planets that were just introduced (Traaken and Logopolis itself).

Maybe whatever universe-saving stunt the Doctor pulls this time will be the catalyst for the regeneration (although I think there's still some Jodie stuff to go after Flux, the Doctor 'holding in' a regeneration has certainly been done quite a few times before).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-15-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The Celestial Intervention Agency is actually from Who proper, not just EU, as it is mentioned in The Deadly Assassin TV serial.
    The difference is the Celestial Intervention Agency is known about. The Division seems to be clandestine in nature. Off the book black ops or some such.

Interesting that they name-dropped the Dark times. Weren't those a big part of last year's Time Lord Victorious book/comic/cartoon event?

Episode 6 has a name: The Vanquishers. Yet another faction in this thing maybe?

Interesting that they name-dropped the Dark times. Weren't those a big part of last year's Time Lord Victorious book/comic/cartoon event?
    That was the setting I believe.

I picked up the "Empire of the Wolf" today. It's a good read but little really happens beyond setup. If you are a Rose/Ten shipper, then you might like their domestic moments.

So BBC has said "Next Autumn" will be the Jodie farewell special. Maybe going to be followed by a Christmas special to introduce the new Doctor ala Tennant?

So BBC has said "Next Autumn" will be the Jodie farewell special. Maybe going to be followed by a Christmas special to introduce the new Doctor ala Tennant?
    As long as this season doesn't break till then I'm good.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    As long as this season doesn't break till then I'm good.
    It literally has to go on break. This means that after the season closes out at the end of December we won't see her farewell until next fall...and unless her special is just the start of the new season then it'll just be possibly that episode and then maybe a holiday special for Who next year.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I just want the Flux arc to have a resolution rather than a cliffhanger.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-18-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I just want the Flux arc to have a resolution rather than a cliffhanger.
    I want it to be a lot better than it is turning out right now. Three episodes in and I'm just wondering, "Why am I bothering with this claptrap?"
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I think there's plans for one or two specials before the Jodie finale. Kind of like Tennant's last year.