Page 488 of 581 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 8709

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The scenario I outlined is one way I could see the Fugitive Doctor being explained if someone was to undo The Timeless Children. In the end I just think all of it will be ignored moving forward. So you may not need to even address it.

Personally, i feel The Master doesn't need a full backstory. But The Timeless Child reveal would help explain some questions as to why he is the way he is if they had to go down that route.
    Couldn’t be any worse than him staring into the untempered schism, while the time lords put a homing signal inside his brain that drove him crazy.

Space Jesus needs to take a walk. It builds the Doctor up into being this mighty, mythical figure that has a grand destiny to play in the scheme of things. Really, the Doctor should just be a time-lord who got bored with living a time-lord life, pinched a TARDIS and went to see the universe. RTD definite got the ball rolling on that one, Moffat ran with it, and Chibnall is the one who scored the touchdown with it.
    Bravo, you summed up my feelings perfectly. The Doctor became emphatic to the suffering of the universe because the Doctor left the sheltered world of their kind not because they subconsciously or instinctually are "different" due to their unique origins and "grand destiny". That is such lazy, narrow-minded writing it reduces the character to a destined savior or "Space Jesus" trope, so cheap...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I do too. I agree.
    As do I, friend.

It comes out today.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2022 at 06:10 AM.

Not as many children watch Doctor Who as some are lead to believe. Maybe once, yes. But it's only the die-hards keeping it going. Because it's gone so far up its rear end its alienated the casual viewer.

I am glad someone liked it. Believe me, it was a story I wanted to like due to the writers previous story. It had all the tropes I enjoy. But it turned out as subtle as a bull in a china shop. forced dialogue and a conversation that exists solely to hammer home the message the writer is trying to get across. You can educate, but never forget you are delivering a show that needs to entertain.

For me, out of those stories you listed, Gridlock entertained. The Zygon Invasion/Inversion certainly entertained. World War Three? Yes, I'll give you that one because that was also a travesty. Planet of the Ood definitely commented on slavery, but it was never as blunt with the message as Orphan 55 ended up being.

Different strokes
    We'll agree to disagree .

Full Fat Videos makes the case why DT coming back as 14 could be a good thing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...s-of-time-2591

Big Finish are doing a second volume of the female character focused Eighth Of March with stories featuring Romana and K9 in E-Space, a team up between Lady Christina and Jenny, and another teaming up UNIT, Jo Jones and for the first time in Big Finish, a character from Sarah Jane Adventures - Rani Chandra!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Full Fat Videos makes the case why DT coming back as 14 could be a good thing.
    While I'm all for a reset in general (given my hatred of the Timeless Children retcon), I must admit I have my misgivings about the rumored return of DT. The Doctor regenerating into a previous incarnation seems wrong on many levels. I'll give it a chance but I'd by lying if I did not state I have (very) mixed feelings about this development.

Think part of the reason the Time Lords ultiametly became "observe only" for most of their history is that when they didn't, it was usually kind of bad for the rest of the universe. Not only the "Dark times" but the Time War itself. RTD's run in particular seemed to hint that the Time War caused a lot more harm than just the Daleks and Time Lords-The Nestenes, Gelth etc...and of course the Tenth seemed to imply there were a lot of Eldritch abominations.

Funny thing is when we finally do see the End of the War in Day of the Doctor, it's not much more than Daleks bombarding Gallifrey with their saucers and invading.

Would've been interesting to at least see the Skaro Degredations, which are in the War Doctor novel and described basically as Daleks from other timelines. (Including of course the Spider Daleks pitched for the TV movie).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    While I'm all for a reset in general (given my hatred of the Timeless Children retcon), I must admit I have my misgivings about the rumored return of DT. The Doctor regenerating into a previous incarnation seems wrong on many levels. I'll give it a chance but I'd by lying if I did not state I have (very) mixed feelings about this development.
    If anything, Tentoo could finally be a real Doctor now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think part of the reason the Time Lords ultiametly became "observe only" for most of their history is that when they didn't, it was usually kind of bad for the rest of the universe. Not only the "Dark times" but the Time War itself. RTD's run in particular seemed to hint that the Time War caused a lot more harm than just the Daleks and Time Lords-The Nestenes, Gelth etc...and of course the Tenth seemed to imply there were a lot of Eldritch abominations.

Funny thing is when we finally do see the End of the War in Day of the Doctor, it's not much more than Daleks bombarding Gallifrey with their saucers and invading.

Would've been interesting to at least see the Skaro Degredations, which are in the War Doctor novel and described basically as Daleks from other timelines. (Including of course the Spider Daleks pitched for the TV movie).
    My theory is that the Time-Lords, having access to time travel, ultimately saw what would happen if they participated in the universe at large. So they chose to secluded themselves to prevent that outcome and preserve the web of time.

That's why the Doctor fleeing Gallifrey with a (somewhat) functioning TARDIS was a big concern for them. Because, being a Time-Lord, it meant they WERE getting involved.

Time-Lords could willingly leave Gallifrey. But they did so by going into exile. Usually with/without a TARDIS. Often without a dematerialization circuit. So those Time-Lords pose no problem. But the High Council likely didn't want rogue elements running around. It's also why the Time-Lords have agencies to keep any possible variable/deviation to their version of the web of time in check.

That's my theory for why they became observist. They likely knew the Time War would happen in some form. They tried to avoid it. When they knew they couldn't (Probably due to The Doctor's interference), they opted to try to swing things in their favour in order to win it.

They did seed that the Doctor might 'revisit a few old favorites' with that Tom Baker appearance as the curator. Given Tenant's status as the most popular modern incarnation of the Doctor, any effort to revitalize the show involving him isn't a terrible idea and would give them the best chance to bring in lapsed fans who were Tenant fans before they were Doctor Who fans. Most of them would slough off when he left the second time, but if enough remain to give the show a boost, all the better for the show.

That said, I *really* doubt this is going to happen,

My theory is that the Time-Lords, having access to time travel, ultimately saw what would happen if they participated in the universe at large. So they chose to secluded themselves to prevent that outcome and preserve the web of time.

That's why the Doctor fleeing Gallifrey with a (somewhat) functioning TARDIS was a big concern for them. Because, being a Time-Lord, it meant they WERE getting involved.

Time-Lords could willingly leave Gallifrey. But they did so by going into exile. Usually with/without a TARDIS. Often without a dematerialization circuit. So those Time-Lords pose no problem. But the High Council likely didn't want rogue elements running around. It's also why the Time-Lords have agencies to keep any possible variable/deviation to their version of the web of time in check.

That's my theory for why they became observist. They likely knew the Time War would happen in some form. They tried to avoid it. When they knew they couldn't (Probably due to The Doctor's interference), they opted to try to swing things in their favour in order to win it.
    I'm thinking that probably a lot of Time Lords did leave Gallifrey but were not exiles-I mean, what's the point of the TARDISes otherwise-but I'm guessing when visiting planets/times to observe they probably used their chameleon circuit to blend in (Like a 'blind'), and just observed/recorded things (For the Matrix maybe), either just using the scanner or passively grab some period clothing and just kind of blend in with the local population-but apart from that, never interfering. I think Journey's end also made it 'canon' that TARDISes are meant to have multiple time lords at the console, not just one. So basically Star trek style crews, could also explain why the ship's so big inside as well.

It's never really brought up that much in the series so it's a bit of a fan theory on my part.

There are rumors that Jodie's regeneration will be the first Doctor regeneration from the 2005-now series that won't be taking place in the TARDIS. (apart from fake outs like the "death" in Matt Smith's time and Peter's fake one in the Monk stuff)

Looking back it actually seems like it was actually a pretty rare occurrence for them to regenerate outside-although we don't really know with Troughton/Pertwee, Pertwee/Baker and Baker/Davison were both outside the TARDIS (although not too far from it). Seven/Eighth and Eighth/War as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There are rumors that Jodie's regeneration will be the first Doctor regeneration from the 2005-now series that won't be taking place in the TARDIS. (apart from fake outs like the "death" in Matt Smith's time and Peter's fake one in the Monk stuff)

Looking back it actually seems like it was actually a pretty rare occurrence for them to regenerate outside-although we don't really know with Troughton/Pertwee, Pertwee/Baker and Baker/Davison were both outside the TARDIS (although not too far from it). Seven/Eighth and Eighth/War as well.
    I had a feeling that was the case when the set was dismantled and no word on a new Doctor.

I know the reasons for doing it production wise, but after 4 regenerations (5 if you count the War Doctor) it's time for a change.