Page 489 of 581 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 8715

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doc...writes-history

Doctor Who Unbound gets a new entry- Colin Baker as the Warrior....

There's another "grain of salt" rumor that says Sophie Aldred/Ace will be in Jodie's final story. There's also rumors of it being a multi-Doctor story.

Sophie's certainly been active in a lot of WHO stuff lately with her novel, Torchwood audio and of course her feature for the Blu-ray releases, but I'm not sure this will happen. Also it'd be kind of weird for Jodie to end on a multi-Doctor story, considering we've already had that with Capaldi (and of course Smith came close by one episode). Unless of course, the Doctor is Ruth/Fugitive Doctor or even some other "forgotten" version.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I finished Big Finish's Peladon boxset. I give it a 7 out of 10. It's geared more towards fans of the original story.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-...ttle-too-late/

This summed up my thoughts on Chibnall's era.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-06-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/rumor-lego-docto...n-development/

Really hope this is legit! If I was going to come up with the plot I would have the Celestial Toymaker as the big bad and have him using the Time Scoop to pull various locations and remixes of past Doctor Who Adventures, leading all of the Doctors (including Fugitive and War), companions and monsters into one location. With baddies like various Masters, Davros, Sutekh, the Weeping Angels, Daleks and Cybermen. Maybe even the ability to create your own Doctor and Companion for some special levels, similar to LEGO DC Super Villains.

Wonder if it'll feature the 14th Doctor-probably, given that he or she will presumably debut later this year and the game comes out next year.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A Doctor Who Lego game would be the most AWESOME deal ever. I would hope we get Tom Baker doing a voice of the 4th Doctor in it. Seeing the Doctor , his companions and more in a game against the Master , Daleks etc. PLEASE BE TRUE.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

9th Doctor volume 4 releases today.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-16-2022 at 02:33 PM.

I'm finally getting around to watching " flux." And I'm still full of questions.
    I read on other websites speculation that bel and vinder might be the doctor's parents. Does that mean they have the capacity to regenerate? If not, where did that come from?
    Tectun found the doctor, discovered her capacity to regenerate, and found a way to gene splice it onto the shobogins : but for what purpose? Who were they before they became time lords? Are all gallifreyans time lords? The division seems to want to spread their interests across the universe- and they even mindwiped her to erase her involvement with them. But aren't they in the same path? Isn't that what the doctor does? I suppose timelords decided because of their ability to travel through time and space, they shouldn't interfere in developing planets, but the division feel they should ? I'm still not clear in why tectun gifted her people with regenerative capabilities.
    Apparently, Dan, yaz and Jericho were sent back In Time by the angels, but how did the doctor know to find them and send them in their quest, whatever it was?
    Last edited by protege; 02-17-2022 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm finally getting around to watching " flux." And I'm still full of questions.
    I read on other websites speculation that bel and vinder might be the doctor's parents. Does that mean they have the capacity to regenerate? If not, where did that come from?
    Tectun found the doctor, discovered her capacity to regenerate, and found a way to gene splice it onto the shobogins : but for what purpose? Who were they before they became time lords? Are all gallifreyans time lords? The division seems to want to spread their interests across the universe- and they even mindwiped her to erase her involvement with them. But aren't they in the same path? Isn't that what the doctor does? I suppose timelords decided because of their ability to travel through time and space, they shouldn't interfere in developing planets, but the division feel they should ? I'm still not clear in why tectun gifted her people with regenerative capabilities.
    Apparently, Dan, yaz and Jericho were sent back In Time by the angels, but how did the doctor know to find them and send them in their quest, whatever it was?
    It's a possibility baby Doc gets the capability from the Doctor. It's a self-fulfilling time loop.

I imagine the Time Lords existed but they weren't the powerhouse of the universe yet. Rassilon seems like the guy who would want to live forever so Regeneration seems like a sweet deal.

The Doctor tends to be a free spirit who interested in exploring the universe. While the Division is more interested in empire building.

I thought it was just a message for them on what to do in whatever time period they landed in. Rather than the Doc already knowing which one it was.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-17-2022 at 01:10 PM.

In the original series and also in some parts of the revival there were often references to "the dark times" where the Time Lords used their time travel to frequently mess with other civilizations before they eventually settled into a policy of observation/non-intervention; however, even in the classic series there were secretive agencies/conspiracies that often still interfered, and still a lot of corruption in Time Lord society (Pretty much almost every Gallifrey story involved some kind of secret traitor).

It was often implied that the Doctor had some role to play during that time, somehow. We still don't know from what Gallifreyan period the Fugitive/Ruth Doctor comes from; could very well be the dark times. Or if there's other incarnations between Ruth and Hartnell.

BTW according to the Sixth Doctor's description of how long the Time Lords have been around, the Doctor could very well be over ten million years old(!) Unless you count how long Capaldi's Doctor was stuck in the confession dial pocket universe loop, then there's couple billion to add to that.

As for all Doctors being Time Lords I think it's mainly sort of an elite class that you have to attend Schools for, and there's a lower class (Called Shobogans) we've seen in a few stories that are in the more rural areas of Gallifrey outside the Capital and Arcadia. It's implied that the Doctor-well, the post-mind wipe Hartnell version at least-grew up in the rural areas but eventually made it to the academy somehow, maybe with the help of the Master who it's been implied was much richer (" I had estates. Do you remember my father’s land back home? Pastures of red grass stretching far across the slopes of Mount Perdition. We used to run across those fields all day. Calling up at the sky. Look at us now.")
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-17-2022 at 01:24 PM.

https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/v/gallifrey

Big Finish goes HARD on the previews and I love them for it!

Glad we're getting more Ken Bones as the General, too.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

9th Doctor volume 4 releases today.
    Old Friends is a fun end to the 9th Doctor Adventures. Unlike 8 his stories tend to be more episodic but this boxset has a connected theme running through its 3 stories.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2022 at 08:36 PM.

Just got Britbox and catching up on all the Doctor Who episodes starting with the First Doctor. I still have to search youtube to find "The Lost Adventures" though, the ones that the visuals were lost.

Also watching the new Doctor (aka Season 27, which they call the first season) on HBO-Max.

Going to take a while, but I'll eventually be up on all my Doctor Who.
    Power with Girl is better.

By the way folks, Big Finish is having a sale on all Gallifrey audios until 11:59PM UK time on the 22nd. I got Time War 1 last time they had a Gallfirey sale, so now I can finally get the rest (2-4).

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Just got Britbox and catching up on all the Doctor Who episodes starting with the First Doctor. I still have to search youtube to find "The Lost Adventures" though, the ones that the visuals were lost.

Also watching the new Doctor (aka Season 27, which they call the first season) on HBO-Max.

Going to take a while, but I'll eventually be up on all my Doctor Who.
    A lot of those reconstructions/animations are fairly new so Britbox probably doesn't have them yet.