Page 496 of 582 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 8716

Definitely looks so far this was definitely an episode made with COVID precautions/small cast in mind-Madame Ching's crew being missing, for one. the weird edits of the village massacre, the captain chasing his crew off the ship etc.

Also a callback to Smith's other catchphrase...
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-17-2022 at 11:55 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

News about the preview for Jodie's finale has come up from the British broadcast and it's a doozy.

This looks like it could be a fun one, but I can't understand a word that's being said.

BANNED

Episode was decent, editing was the pits though, they seemed scared to keep the camera on The Doctor during her duel with the Sea Devil in the final fight, and you could not hear a lot of what The Doctor was saying in some scenes, good thing it was mainly technobabble. Madame Ching did nothing other than set the whole plot in motion. Nice to see Dan hasn't given up on Di at the end. Mandip had only one expression on her face throughout and the Thasmin lip-service was handled about as badly as you'd expect

Centenary trailer looked the part. I didn't recognize spoilers:
    Tegan
    end of spoilers, and I suppose spoilers:
    Big Finish and the recent Novels
    end of spoilers are'nt canon to spoilers:
    Ace
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Episode was decent, editing was the pits though, they seemed scared to keep the camera on The Doctor during her duel with the Sea Devil in the final fight, and you could not hear a lot of what The Doctor was saying in some scenes, good thing it was mainly technobabble. Madame Ching did nothing other than set the whole plot in motion. Nice to see Dan hasn't given up on Di at the end. Mandip had only one expression on her face throughout and the Thasmin lip-service was handled about as badly as you'd expect

Centenary trailer looked the part. I didn't recognize spoilers:
    Tegan
    end of spoilers, and I suppose spoilers:
    Big Finish and the recent Novels
    end of spoilers are'nt canon to spoilers:
    Ace
    end of spoilers
    While I liked the Chinese setting, I wonder why madame ching was even used to facilitate the plot. and I finally figured out how to read all the stuff in spoiler tags.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Watching it again and have a few questions;
    1) what was the bit with the doctor’s earring? What was it reacting to?
    2)didn’t madame Ching have the same mark on her face that the guy the sea devil killed? Shouldn’t she have exotoxic poisoning?

It was okay. A bit disjointed at times. The Doctor / Yaz romance is comes out in the open. I would say, contrary to what the Doctor thinks, Yaz is the least extraordinary companion of all the new Doctors. It feels forced.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It was okay. A bit disjointed at times. The Doctor / Yaz romance is comes out in the open. I would say, contrary to what the Doctor thinks, Yaz is the least extraordinary companion of all the new Doctors. It feels forced.
    According to everyone involved, Yasmin/Doctor was never planned from the outset and is just fan-service for Twitter who obsess over the pairing.

I thought it was fun. I laughed when Doc said "No ship. Sherlock" .

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    According to everyone involved, Yasmin/Doctor was never planned from the outset and is just fan-service for Twitter who obsess over the pairing.
    And I fully expect them to rage and whine when Thasmin amounts to a single long kiss before Yaz dies or vanishes forever, Rise of Skywalker style.

spoilers:
    Ace and Tegan returning is a bit of a surprise but nice all the same for 13's final story. Not sure if this will end up retconning Sophie's novel about her meeting 13 before, though I have yet to hear it. Also that rogue Cyberman is back apparently?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

2.20 million viewers on UK overnights. A franchise-low, scoring less than the worst rated of Classic Who.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    spoilers:
    Ace and Tegan returning is a bit of a surprise but nice all the same for 13's final story. Not sure if this will end up retconning Sophie's novel about her meeting 13 before, though I have yet to hear it
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ace's lifetimes are full of contradictions, but it'll be nice to get some clarity on her in the context of the television universe again since her charity was referenced in The Sarah Jane Adventures and she also attended Sarah Jane's wake in the Youtube exclusive series finale for SJA, also wonder how the series 26 minisode factors into canon, assuming it does
    end of spoilers

There's rumors that an announcement for the new Doctor will be in "the coming weeks".

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This will be a unique deal coming. Its the 2nd time BBC has let someone else take a shot at Who with creative control. How will Sony do with it ? (They own majority of Bad Wolf) Can Sony really give Dr. Who a new shot in the arm ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Was Universal the first time (With the 96 TV movie)?