Page 497 of 581 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 8710
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Was Universal the first time (With the 96 TV movie)?
    BBC and Universal. Shown on Fox.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-18-2022 at 07:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This will be a unique deal coming. Its the 2nd time BBC has let someone else take a shot at Who with creative control. How will Sony do with it ? (They own majority of Bad Wolf) Can Sony really give Dr. Who a new shot in the arm ?
    Sony has nothing to do with it. They just are just the majority stake holder in the production company making it. BBC still owns the franchise and has final say.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Sony has nothing to do with it. They just are just the majority stake holder in the production company making it. BBC still owns the franchise and has final say.
    BBC has not refuted the story that came out a few months ago. That they have now gave Bad Wolf control.

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/doctor...eative-control

It’s worth noting that there is no specific denial of the claims made by The Times. The Digital Fix has reached out to Bad Wolf for comment. It’s also alleged that the deal with Bad Wolf will cost the BBC up to £40 million in commercial revenue for every ten episodes.

Also Sony owning a majority stake in a company making the show , literally means they are literally in charge of that company. Davies is reporting to Sony as they own the majority stake.

Again BBC did not deny they have ceded creative control to Sony/Bad Wolf now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    BBC has not refuted the story that came out a few months ago. That they have now gave Bad Wolf control.

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/doctor...eative-control

Also Sony owning a majority stake in a company making the show , literally means they are literally in charge of that company. Davies is reporting to Sony as they own the majority stake.

Again BBC did not deny they have ceded creative control to Sony/Bad Wolf now.
    People are running around saying they'll "reboot" and all other nonsense. They have given them the series to make. If the BBC doesn't like what's done, they'll take it back. It's similar to the set up between Sony and Marvel. Except the roles are reversed with Bad Wolf making it and the BBC reaping the sales of merchandise and so on.

The BBC hasn't fully funded Who itself since the 80s. It's been co-financed ever since. BBC Wales at one point, CBC another. The Five Doctors was made possible by funding from the ABC here in Australia (it's why we aired it here before the UK did).

The BBC still has final say over creative decisions. Because it's still their property.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-19-2022 at 02:58 AM.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...ign=warmaster7

The War Master volume 7: Self Defense's episode description and cover art got released.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

While it was nice to see the Sea Devils again and the episode was fun...it didn't feel very special or consequential to me. When they did those specials that year for Tennant each one felt like a blockbuster kind of experience that made them stand out, but this felt like just an ordinary episode.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Yeah, most of the penultimate episodes usually had some sort of build up to the finale. Bad Wolf of course reintroduced the full Daleks. Water of Mars had the Doctor going too far and summoned by the Ood. Day of the Doctor brought Gallifrey back which nearly started the Time War again and allowed for the regeneration limit to be surpassed in Time of the Doctor, and of course Doctor Falls had Capaldi's Doctor suffer the injuries that are causing him to regenerate.

Also it's kind of funny, I think the episodes with the historical backdrops are where Chibnall usually kind of shines (Rosa, Demons of Punjab, Witchfinders, parts of Spyfall, The Haunting of Villa etc). The present day and future stuff, not so much.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I've listened to Doctor of War: Genesis a few times already. It's a fun but confusing time.

BANNED

Ok, take with some grains here, but apparently some spoilers were dropped regarding the centennial special on Gallifrey Base

spoilers:
    Ace and Tegan aren't the only companions returning. There will be more, a few others include:

-Polly
    -Graham O'Brien
    -Jo Grant
    -Mel
    -Ian Chesterson

Yaz will also travel along the Doctor's timeline somehow, meeting the surviving classic Doctors of the 80s and 90s (Davison, Colin, Sylvester, McGann), it doesn't look like Tom Baker was invited back for this.

Dan's not expected to be around long in the episode, and departs early. He meets up with Graham, so I presume that's how we see the other companions
    end of spoilers

Kind of wondering how The Lone Cyberman/Ashad is back, after not only being shrunk but disintegrated as well. Maybe an alternate timeline where the Doctor *didn't* give the Lone Cybermen what he wanted? Or maybe earlier in his life before his death?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Ok, take with some grains here, but apparently some spoilers were dropped regarding the centennial special on Gallifrey Base

spoilers:
    Ace and Tegan aren't the only companions returning. There will be more, a few others include:

-Polly
    -Graham O'Brien
    -Jo Grant
    -Mel
    -Ian Chesterson

Yaz will also travel along the Doctor's timeline somehow, meeting the surviving classic Doctors of the 80s and 90s (Davison, Colin, Sylvester, McGann), it doesn't look like Tom Baker was invited back for this.

Dan's not expected to be around long in the episode, and departs early. He meets up with Graham, so I presume that's how we see the other companions
    end of spoilers
    If true it sounds pretty fun to me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I was just playing Assassins's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok and a character (Who will be reincarnated later in a new body) say: "I will always remember when I was me". Kind of similar to Smith's ending dialogue, I thought. Could be a fun easter egg, as there's been a few DW references scattered throughout the series (Such as the TARDIS appearing in the bottom of the sea in Origins).
    In Black Flag there was a character of the Sage who was a reincarnated man who popped up as a recurring villian. One of the writers confirmed he was a reference to the Master.

That's pretty much Valhalla's plot too-that the Sage technology was not limited to Aita and his reincarnations.

I'm also kind of reminded of the theory of the Other in Lungbarrow, where the Doctor was stated to be a possible reincarnation of the Other via similar technology.

Looks like others have noticed this as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACValhalla/...nd_of_dawn_of/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

spoilers:

-Polly
    -Graham O'Brien
    -Jo Grant
    -Mel
    -Ian Chesterson

end of spoilers
    Jeez, wonder why all that sounds familiar....

How the heck is Chibnall going to put all that into a coherent narrative? Good Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Jeez, wonder why all that sounds familiar....

How the heck is Chibnall going to put all that into a coherent narrative? Good Lord.
    It's Flux 2.0. Lol.