Page 501 of 581 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 8709

And Fugitive of the Judoon, sort of.

Name of the Doctor also implied that the second and Eighth Doctors met at some point as well I think.

There's also a new rumor that suggests May 14th as the reveal date-which would make sense given what we've been told and of course the date matching up with the number.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    On TV:

Three Doctors- 1, 2, 3 together
    The Five Doctors- 1 through 5 together
    The Two Doctors- 2 and 6 together
    Time Crash- 5 and 10 together
    Day of the Doctor- All 12 plus War Doctor

There's too many to list on Big Finish
    I'm aware of the Three Doctors during the point where 1 had health complications that limited his role.
    I'm aware of the Five Doctors where they had to use archival footage of Baker.
    I hope Day of the Doctor did more than just the lineup scene with all of them, which I've seen.

I'm not sure what Big Finish is, but I know that there are some comics that have some of the other Doctors meeting each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I hope Day of the Doctor did more than just the lineup scene with all of them, which I've seen.
    Nah, by large it's a three Doctor crossover with 10, 11 and War Doctor

I'm not sure what Big Finish is, but I know that there are some comics that have some of the other Doctors meeting each other.
    The audio drama range

Ah, that's sad. Right now I especially want to see how 1 would interact with 6.

But, the audio dramas have loads more crossover potential? Are they still releasing those?

Both Five Doctors and Twice Upon A Time use new actors for the First due to Hartnell's death, although Hartnell appears in archival footage from the opening. The latter stars David Bradley, who played Hartnell for a TV movie about Doctor Who's creation that came out around the time of Day of the Doctor.

There's two editions of Five Doctors. The latter one features some newer CG and the footage of Baker from SHADA (An unfinished story so it was kind of fresh Fourth Doctor to audiences at the time) is edited in a less bizarre way.

Day of the Doctor primarily uses stock footage (In one case using footage of McCoy from both the series and the TV movie, oops!) although there's a little surprise at the end....

There was also a comedy special with Davison, Colin Baker, and McCoy playing themselves that came out the same time Day of the Doctor did.

Although it's not exactly the same, the serials ARC OF INFINITY had Colin Baker before he was cast as Davison's replacement as a Gallifreyan Guard captain, and FIRES OF POMPEII had Capaldi as a Roman (and actually is important to the Twelfth Doctor's story).

Big Finish are usually full cast audio dramas where the actors from the TV show have returned for new adventures. As it didn't have to deal with of course BBC politics and other bad choices, it's seen as many as a second chance for the underserved 80's Doctors and Mcgann, and also was really good WHO content when the series was off the air. Since then it's still going well with many fans preferring it to the new show, and also elements of the new show have also been included.

I'm aware that the role of the 1st Doctor gets recast whenever they want to use him and I think that's okay. I think it honors his memory because its clear that the actors are meant to be Hartnell.

Ah, that's sad. Right now I especially want to see how 1 would interact with 6.

But, the audio dramas have loads more crossover potential? Are they still releasing those?
    Oh yeah. They got the DW license for the next decade. It's easier for them to do crossovers because Audio is cheaper to produce.

This is probably the most recent multi Doctor story.

I'm guessing there are no canon comics, then? Since they would have the most crossover potential, surely?

I'm guessing there are no canon comics, then? Since they would have the most crossover potential, surely?
    They exist but the comics license changes hands more frequently. So what's canon is flexible.

This video ranked a few multi Doctor stories across mediums. It's a few years old but it does dig into comics.

There's been plenty of comics over the years, although a lot of the ones from the earlier decades/classic series have him travelling solo or with alternate companions from the TV show, although some of those I suppose could fit in 'the gaps'. One of the most popular of there contributions to WHO lore is Frobisher. There were also yearly annuals, although many of these were made for younger readers I think and often had hilariously 'off model' illustrations of the Doctor and companions. They're kind of like the old Gold Key Star Trek comics, a lot of the details and characters are way off but they're still kind of fun in their own way.

What's kind of cool is that Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons had a lot of their earlier work on WHO comics. Although as compelling a writer as Moore usually is, he had absolutely no idea about how to write the Cybermen.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-04-2022 at 10:32 AM.

I'm also seeing that there are some stories that are "arguably" Multi-Doctor events, the one I'm seeing brought up most often is "Trial of a Time Lord".

Oh yeah-like Key To Time and Flux after it it's basically a season-long 'framing' story, but at the end it's revealed that the Valeyard-the Doctor's prosecutor is apparentally a future evil Doctor, but not 'solid' in any sense as he's some sort of amalgamation/shadow. Amy's Choice also uses a similar plot device, and there's a "transitional form" called the Watcher in Logopolis as well. In the final Pertwee serial it's revealed Time Lords can kind of project their future selves as separate but incomplete entities. It's never really been explained that well but the Doctor got his own in Logopolis and it's assumed by fans that the Valeyard is another one, just evil.

There are also many stories where the Doctor encounters clones, robots, body doubles, villains in disguise as him etc. but I'm not sure they really qualify that much. There seems to be almost one per Doctor, give or take a few incarnations-and Jackson Lake in "The Next Doctor" who turns out to be a regular guy with PTSD who accidentally brainwashes himself into thinking he is the Doctor. Or even there's been one or two times where the Doctor meets his same incarnation but at a slightly different point in time.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-04-2022 at 11:07 AM.

Also, as I understand it, all Time Lords possess this ability. So have we seen other characters meeting other versions of themselves?

The Master, in "World Enough And Time" and "The Doctor Falls". Romana also chooses the form of a lady she met in the previous story "The Armageddon Factor" as her second form in "Destiny of the Daleks" if that counts.

It's even sort of happened with the humans. The Brigadier meets himself in "Mawdryn Undead" which causes a bit of a temporal mess. There's multiple versions of Clara thanks to events in "Name of the Doctor" etc.

River sort of bumped into herself a few times in season 6 if you think about it.

Is there some way that the all communicate with each other when they are not face to face?
    I have seen people make multiple references to the Doctor "calling in" the other versions of himself.