Page 503 of 581 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 8710
    BANNED

Doctor Who has officially moved into Bad Wolf Studios

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/drwho-roathlochrelocation

According to letters distributed by the studio, location Filming is due to start June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Also one thing to note about classic WHO is that pretty much every story is a serial of usually 4-6 parts, mostly with the same title although the earlier B & W episodes tend to have individual titles even in a single story(Hence why there's some disagreements on what their proper names are sometimes). Each serial "episode" is usually 25 minutes each, although the Colin Baker era tried longer episodes for his first season. Since the current series, they've usually been sticking to the 45 minute stories, with occasional two-three parters (Capaldi's second season for example was pretty much almost all two-parters).
    Davies explained that with the reboot the standard episode was something that would have been a four parter in the original era. They cut out a lot of padding, in addition to exposition for anyone joining mid-serial.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's basically a trial in which in-between the trial segments they "watch" three of the Doctor's adventures that are used as evidence against him. Although the entire serial is named "Trial of a Time Lord" the segments have been labeled differently in other sources.

1-4: "The Mysterious Planet": The Doctor and Peri find themselves on a planet that appears to be a post-apocalyptic Earth despite being in the wrong place.
    5-8: "Mindwarp"- A sequel of sorts to "Vengeance on Varos". The Doctor is brainwashed into siding with Sil during an attempt to transport his leader into a new body.
    9-12: "Terror of The Vervoids"-Set in the Doctor's future, the Doctor encounters a new species of genetically-engineered plant monsters onboard a spaceship.
    13-14: "The Ultimate Foe"-With the help of the Master, the Doctor discovers the true reason behind his trial and the nature of the Valeyard.

There is also an earlier season long arc season 16, the Key To Time, which had the Doctor, K-9 and Romana, a Time Lady, seek out segments of a powerful object that are hidden across space and time. It has a three serial sequel, The Black Guardian Trilogy, in the middle of the Davison era.

There are also loose trilogies of stories here and there. E-Space during Tom's final season in which the Doctor, Romana, and K-9 get stuck in another universe, followed immediately by Keeper Of Traaken/Logopolis/Castrovalva deal with the re-emergence of the Master and the Fourth Doctor's regeneration, and the Black Guardian Trilogy during Peter's season which is a sequel to the Key To Time.. Also pretty much every Davros story in the original series is connected even going through multiple Doctors, and also includes a Dalek civil war.

The new series sort of uses arcs in a slightly similar way but it's mainly repeated phrases or visual clues culminating with a big reveal in the finales.

Season one-"Bad Wolf"
    Season Two-"Torchwood"
    Season Three-"Saxon"
    Season 4-"She is returning/There's something on your back"
    Specials-"HE will knock four times"
    Season 5-"The Pandorica Opens"
    Season 6-"Silence will fall"
    Season 7-"Run, you clever boy, and remember".
    Season 8-"Missy"
    Season 9-Confession dial
    Season 10-The vault
    Season 11/12-Timeless Child
    Season 13-Flux
    Also need to add

The Daleks Master Plan - 12 episodes (13 if you add Mission To The Unknown)

The War Games - 10 episodes.

Those two were made specifically to be grand epics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    How do you mean “large”? It spans multiple Doctors?
    As others have stated, it was a story arc covering an entire series worth of episodes. I wouldn't say it was the precursor to the revived series and how their arcs are handled (They are more akin to how season 12 was centred around the Nerva Beacon). The Flux is more akin to something like The Daleks Master Plan

Not every grand story spans multiple Doctors. The Dalek Master Plan is a strictly the 1st Doctor only. War Games is 2nd. Key To Time 4th. Trial 6th.

The 7th Doctors 3 series are all tied together by Fenric.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Davies explained that with the reboot the standard episode was something that would have been a four parter in the original era. They cut out a lot of padding, in addition to exposition for anyone joining mid-serial.
    More like the 2 parters they did occasionally.

Regarding Fenric, I think mainly Dragonfire and Silver Nemesis were mainly said to be tied to the Fenric storyline, although it's possible this was just a retcon by Briggs. There's Gods of Ragnarok (Viking apocalypse) in Greatest Show, but despite the Norse/Viking name they seem to be unconnected, and I think Ian Briggs wanted to mention Ragnarok in COF but either he, Cartmel or JNT worried it might confuse audiences, hence why it's called "The final battle" several times in the serial.

Ace's troubled past seems to be the common thread in the last three serials though, although originally I think the season was intended to open with COF, then Battlefield, Survival and finally Ghost Light like in filming order. That's why McCoy wears the long jacket in the first part of COF-he wanted there to be a 'reveal' of the new brown suit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So anybody watch the new Trek show Strange New Worlds? Thought I recognized the security chief actress from somewhere-turns out that she (Christina Chong) was Lorna Bucket, a memorable one-off character from A Good Man Goes To War.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just back from the Time Fracture immersive experience, not sure if anyone else here has been but it is an incredible experience, especially if you put the effort in interacting with the actors.

spoilers:
    I got to assist an eccentric UNIT scientist, come face to face with Davros, try to decode a mysterious message from a Sister of Karn, watch Elizabeth the First’s wedding get interrupted by Cybermen, brave a dimensional tunnel with Weeping Angels and help resurrect Rassilon… as you do!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 05-07-2022 at 12:23 AM.

BANNED

The Free Comic Book Day Fugitive Doctor special is out today, here's a quick spoiler recap from BC in case you can't find a copy

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/fcbd...-visits-earth/

BANNED

The new Doctor has been announced: Ncuti Gatwa

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-fe...-is-the-doctor

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

I loved him in Sex Education so I'm sure he'll do great as the Doctor. I might be wrong, but I think this makes him the youngest Doctor.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Excellent choice. He was great in Sex Education.

Watch the comments on Facebook now it's gone back to a male. Although I am sure there will be a few from idiots regarding the fact he is a person of colour, sadly.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 05-08-2022 at 06:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I loved him in Sex Education so I'm sure he'll do great as the Doctor. I might be wrong, but I think this makes him the youngest Doctor.
    Tied with Davison (both 29). Smith was 26.

Guess we'll probably get a companion and costume reveal fairly soon. Don't expect a console room until next year though.

I don't know him but best of luck to him.