Page 504 of 581 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 8715

I'm not at all familiar with Gatwa but here's to success for him. As always, the most important thing is to give great material for The Doctor.

Also, just a reminder that tonight on MeTV at 6:30pm EST, Collector's Call will be featuring a Doctor Who collector. Here's a brief preview.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Wonder if he'll be keeping the dyed blonde hair that he's been seen around with today.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if he'll be keeping the dyed blonde hair that he's been seen around with today.
    I think that was for the Barbie movie that's filming now, it would be a cool choice, but it's more likely he goes back to his natural hair color.

Mighty Member

This is cool, if for no other reason than it was unexpected.

That said, right this second I'm having a hard time separating the actor from the character. And so all I can picture is Eric as the Doctor. I'll be curious to see the approach they actually do take.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Not seen Sex Education but I have good confidence in RTD so I am excited to see the show. Slightly wishing Russell had picked a female Doctor again to naysay the haters of Jodie and prove with quality writing a female Doctor is still awesome, but otherwise it’s all good. It also boggles my mind that this guy was a kid when Rose aired in 2005, so it will be interesting to see him as an actor who sees ‘New Who’ as ‘Old Who’.

I am also hoping we’ll get confirmation of a shared set of spin offs across multiple media platforms that more clearly makes it a Whoniverse akin to Star Wars and Marvel on Disney Plus.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I was kinda hoping for Hugh Grant but alas....I do like the casting. Gatwa can come in for a few years and hopefully give the show a jolt. I suspect Sony/Bad Wolf will push the promotion hard for this.

Edit ...I do hope he keeps wearing the glasses. In an interview he had these nice specs on and well...its kinda a cool look. I don't think any Doctor has wore glasses on beyond spots to read or sun glasses like Capaldi to be cool.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I was kinda hoping for Hugh Grant but alas....I do like the casting. Gatwa can come in for a few years and hopefully give the show a jolt. I suspect Sony/Bad Wolf will push the promotion hard for this.

Edit ...I do hope he keeps wearing the glasses. In an interview he had these nice specs on and well...its kinda a cool look. I don't think any Doctor has wore glasses on beyond spots to read or sun glasses like Capaldi to be cool.
    Tennant wore the "brainy specs" fairly often, but not regularly.

Think it was mostly Tennant who wore glasses a good chunk of the time. Apart from him just a bit of Davison and Smith otherwise, with a little bit of the First Doctor (Who also ocassionally had a monocle). Although he's of course 'non canon' Cushing also wore glasses a lot.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm not at all familiar with Gatwa but here's to success for him. As always, the most important thing is to give great material for The Doctor.

Also, just a reminder that tonight on MeTV at 6:30pm EST, Collector's Call will be featuring a Doctor Who collector. Here's a brief preview.
    I'm just glad Tennant isn't coming back as the 14th Doctor. That rumor would have made for a terrible idea if it were true, I hate retreads.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Ok I stand corrected on glasses thing. I would like if Doctor had to wear them all the time. Like we have seen the scarf , the hat , and various things costume wise. But why not the Doctor realizes his eyes aren't good in this new version and needs them long term.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Give us a costume along these lines, Ncuti!

20220509_201529.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Give us a costume along these lines, Ncuti!

20220509_201529.jpg
    Well, if you want him to fail spectacularly right from the start, sure.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Seems like a fine lad I hope RTD gives him some great stuff, we can only go up after Chibnall.

As for our out going Doctor I feel bad it's always been sad to lose a Doctor, but losing Chibnall makes this the happiest I've been for Who in a long time. None of this mess was Jodie's fault she was a fine Doctor and as I mentioned before I hope Big Finish can create some great stories to build a better legacy for her Doctor.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    None of this mess was Jodie's fault she was a fine Doctor and as I mentioned before I hope Big Finish can create some great stories to build a better legacy for her Doctor.
    Which sadly I think she will get a reputation for. I was hoping for a female doc just to prove it wasn't because the Doc was a female being the reason for such a lackluster run. But as a black Doctor Who fan, having a black Doctor finally brings me great joy. Just hope the writing and episodes are up to snuff so he isn't unfairly smeared like Jodie.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    as a black Doctor Who fan, having a black Doctor finally brings me great joy.
    Jo Martin was a black Doctor, and is often cited as having done more to convince audiences she was better suited for the part than Jodie in the few episodes she appeared in.

Jodie was just crap. People need to own up to that. She wasn't suited as a lead at all.