Page 505 of 581 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 8715
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Jo Martin was a black Doctor, and is often cited as having done more to convince audiences she was better suited for the part than Jodie in the few episodes she appeared in.

Jodie was just crap. People need to own up to that. She wasn't suited as a lead at all.
    Jodie did Fine, the problems were in the writing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Well, if you want him to fail spectacularly right from the start, sure.
    The writing is what makes or breaks a show. Colin's coat was an eyesore, sure. But The Twin Dilemma was such monumental crap it tarnished him forever more.

But, maybe more along these lines?
    imagesfr.jpeg.jpg
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 05-10-2022 at 03:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Jodie is a fine actress, but she was miscast. She didn't seem to know how she wanted to play the part and didn't have the screen presence or gravitas. Then again, that probably because Chibnall never helped her with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Jo Martin was a black Doctor, and is often cited as having done more to convince audiences she was better suited for the part than Jodie in the few episodes she appeared in.

Jodie was just crap. People need to own up to that. She wasn't suited as a lead at all.
    Jo Martin really should have been the Doctor from the off. She was probably never on Chibnall's radar, but she just had that commanding presence on screen. The charisma.

But it might have been too much change at once having a female and them being poc as well. People complained enormously over a female being cast and now you have a few being dicks over Ncuti.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No. I'm not going to go easy on Jodie. She was in over her head and could not make that material she was given work, where as the likes of Capaldi could always be relied upon to deliver a cracking performance regardless of the ridiculous things he had to say.

Jodie isn't on the level of a lot of other Doctors, that's entirely on her. Jo Martin on the other hand was very good and it's her that people will remember the best from this whole era despite such a short stint in the part.

Think Capaldi struggled a bit in his first season. Then again that might've been somewhat intentional, as the Doctor was going through a bit of a moral crisis.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The War Doctor Begins v3: "Battlegrounds" came out today.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-10-2022 at 11:42 AM.

One concern I do have is that there might be pressure for some event during the 60th anniversary that might overshadow his first season. For the most part, previous anniversary celebrations happened while Doctors had at least one season under their belt. Maybe that's why there seems to be a kitchen sink approach to Jodie's finale-to get that kind of thing out of the way (although short of the anniversary) to give him a clean slate? Also would perhaps help to have a proper Christmas debut or new years debut for him, but probably too late to film that (Although maybe a small skit like Tennant's November 2005 mini-episode would help).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

https://blog.lovarzi.co.uk/the-thirt...at-big-finish/

Speculation about how Big Finish would use 13's era. 7th Doctor versus Division is my favorite.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

McCoy posted a video welcoming Gatwa to the exclusive club they are part of now. He also joked its nice another Scot made it.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...ign=DWUN010DW2

Doctor of War gets a sequel "Destiny Unbound".

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-who-revea...gitive-doctor/

The Fugitive Doctor gets a 4 issue miniseries by Titan Comics titled "Doctor who origins". It debuts on June 8th.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-11-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The Fugitive Doctor comic looks interesting in that it's apparently exploring Division's use of Weeping Angels as operatives here. No doubt that's going to backfire big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    As others have stated, it was a story arc covering an entire series worth of episodes. I wouldn't say it was the precursor to the revived series and how their arcs are handled (They are more akin to how season 12 was centred around the Nerva Beacon). The Flux is more akin to something like The Daleks Master Plan

Not every grand story spans multiple Doctors. The Dalek Master Plan is a strictly the 1st Doctor only. War Games is 2nd. Key To Time 4th. Trial 6th.

The 7th Doctors 3 series are all tied together by Fenric.
    How do the lost episodes factor in to all of this? Do we know what happened in those episodes?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Do we know what happened in those episodes?
    Yes, all of the 'missing episodes' were preserved either as audio recordings or through various 'telesnaps' (screencaps)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think Capaldi struggled a bit in his first season. Then again that might've been somewhat intentional, as the Doctor was going through a bit of a moral crisis.
    Also some of the scripts were written with Matt Smith in mind they were in developmental before he announced his leaving and sometimes it's noticeable IMO.

On a side note to the Thread discussions about Jodie and Jo Martin these were the 4 actors I wanted as the 13th Doctor.

Number 1 was Tilda Swinton woman's a chameleon.

Number 2 Alexander Siddig (I know he no longer uses that name but I can't spell his real name it's very long and for those unfamiliar with the name Bashir from DS9 or Ra's Al Ghul from Gotham) .

Number 3: Hayley Atwell she mentioned being interested and I love Hayley.

Number 4 was a late entry just a few months before the announcement Iain De Caester his evil Fitz from the 4th Season of AOS made me think he'd be good.