Page 51 of 580 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

From the pre reviews Listen is meant to be a pretty good episode. However, what's most interesting is that the previews predict that this episode is gonna be divisive.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Preview for Doctor Who The Eleventh Doctor #2 which came out yesterday.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23435
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Preview for Doctor Who The Eleventh Doctor #2 which came out yesterday.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23435
    Yeah. (Morose because cut payroll -again- during supposed 'busy season' means cut in all but essentials save for isp and walks around the block. That meant cancelling my book orders. I'd cut health care instead seeing as I never actually use it, but the feds say that isn't allowed....for my own good. Starting to feel like living in the bad end of a Doctor Who eppie--sans The Doctor. )

Anyway, I'm a bit puzzled as what they mean by 'divisive' on #4 Listen? Is it really going to be that scary or is it for something else? Guess will find out later on today.

Bummed that from the trailers it looks like 'something out of the corner of your eye' will not be The Family of Blood little girl trapped in the mirror world. That's a loose end I'd like to see attached to something.
    Last edited by Kyer; 09-13-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Yeah. (Morose because cut payroll -again- during supposed 'busy season' means cut in all but essentials save for isp and walks around the block. That meant cancelling my book orders. I'd cut health care instead seeing as I never actually use it, but the feds say that isn't allowed....for my own good. Starting to feel like living in the bad end of a Doctor Who eppie--sans The Doctor. )

Anyway, I'm a bit puzzled as what they mean by 'divisive' on #4 Listen? Is it really going to be that scary or is it for something else? Guess will find out later on today.

Bummed that from the trailers it looks like 'something out of the corner of your eye' will not be The Family of Blood little girl trapped in the mirror world. That's a loose end I'd like to see attached to something.

I don't know that it's really a loose end. The end that was loose for her not being stopped, or punished, like others, so the end was therefore tied, however dark the punishments, or far the Doctor actually went.

Maybe it'd be seen a mistake by our current Doctor, and one to rectify, despite the fact that the Family could not be killed, because they'd become immortal, and were so dangerous, I believe, that the Doctor took the guise of a human to hide. John Smith, unless that was something that ended up happening, with Martha having to go along with it, due to amnesia of him.

I suppose, the Doctor could go back, remove their memories, or remove their body parts, not painfully, per say, but all the same, to take away their danger, but, I don't know. Maybe a prison, get the Shadow Proclamation on it all?

But, for the moment, yet again, however dark, or whatever alternate solutions, to me, there isn't really a loose end and that's it, really.

I Guess that Listen was...weird? But I really enjoyed it. Certainly the best episode of the season so far. Really, the villain of this episode was really fear, and thought that it was a great twist. However, what made this episode so good was how human it was at the end. I loved how Clara's visit would define the Doctor throughout all his life. And hey, I also actually liked Clara in this one...

But seriously! Has anyone else thought that the barn in the end was also the one in the Day of the Doctor as well?
    Can't wait for the answers! What does everyone else think?!
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

BANNED

Goddamn was the First Doctor pale! Did you see that white leg? I thought it was just the black and white.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Goddamn was the First Doctor pale! Did you see that white leg? I thought it was just the black and white.
    Maybe it was his tribute to Hartnell, Troughton eras?

Eh....still some hours to go here in order to see the episode.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Okay...

That was... weird. It's absolutely brilliant or utter crap, and I'm not sure yet which.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Okay...

That was... weird. It's absolutely brilliant or utter crap, and I'm not sure yet which.
    Sounds like a Morrisson comic book story. Now I'm really intrigued.

BANNED

Incidentally, the Doctor doesn't remember snogging Madame de Pompador (poor bastard). Judging from this episode he's also completely forgotten about spoilers:
    the Silents
    end of spoilers.

I mean, really... The opening scene, it's clear that something was there.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

How the heck did he forget kissing Madame de Pompador?! Geez Louise, those regenerations should come with some sort of warning.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DANGER965 View Post
    I Guess that Listen was...weird? But I really enjoyed it. Certainly the best episode of the season so far. Really, the villain of this episode was really fear, and thought that it was a great twist. However, what made this episode so good was how human it was at the end. I loved how Clara's visit would define the Doctor throughout all his life. And hey, I also actually liked Clara in this one...

But seriously! Has anyone else thought that the barn in the end was also the one in the Day of the Doctor as well?
    Can't wait for the answers! What does everyone else think?!
    They did everything but have flashing letters above the barn saying 'YES THIS IS THE SAME BARN', so yeah.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Judging from this episode he's also completely forgotten about spoilers:
    the Silents
    end of spoilers.
    Well if he's not looking right at them how is he suppose to?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    They did everything but have flashing letters above the barn saying 'YES THIS IS THE SAME BARN', so yeah.
    I meant to mention this after Day of the Doctor, but did anyone else think it a tad odd that such an incredibly old and technological race has a lot of people who seem circa 19th Century or so? Was the Doctor's family a member of a kind of Gallifreyan Amish group? All I can recall is Three mentioning climbing a mountain in the back of his home to visit a guru (Planet of the Spiders), a bunch of pompous/decrepit Time Lords/Ladies (Deadly Assassin), Four sending Leela out into The Wastelands where there was a group of primitive Gallifreyans (Invasion of Time), and then the villagers of the sister city of the Gallifreyan capitol running around getting blasted by daleks.

Is there a listing somewhere of all the Gallifreyan info so far so that we can piece together the puzzle of Gallifreyan society from canon? Never did get to hear the radio stories so am thinking maybe I am missing some vital pieces to the puzzle.

Btw, I liked the episode, but am still wondering how that lump under the bed fit in. Doubt it was a 'friend' under the covers and it doesn't explain the other people feeling the hand from under the bed or the banging from outside the airlock.
    Last edited by Kyer; 09-13-2014 at 07:11 PM.