Page 516 of 582 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 8716

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Chibnall era composer Segun Akinola is leaving the show after the Centenary

https://cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/composer-segun-akinola-reveals-special-for-bbc-centenary-is-his-last-doctor-who-job[/URL]

The Mirror have verified that there is to be a new behind the scenes Doctor Who show launching next year. Doctor Who Unleashed, and will air on BBC THREE and stream on I-Player

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/dwunleashed-mirrorreport
    Thought he was OK-I liked his Master theme-but I didn't find a lot of his other music memorable. Also his version of the main theme was pretty much just a slightly remixed version of the usual 60s-70s theme instead of really adding anything knew to it like Murray's versions.

I'm guessing Murray will come back. Also with the "making of" it seems they're fully intent on going "back to basics".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Thought he was OK-I liked his Master theme-but I didn't find a lot of his other music memorable. Also his version of the main theme was pretty much just a slightly remixed version of the usual 60s-70s theme instead of really adding anything knew to it like Murray's versions.

I'm guessing Murray will come back. Also with the "making of" it seems they're fully intent on going "back to basics".
    I hope not. Murray had his time and I don't want the show to go back to 2005 - 2010. Its 2022 for God's sake, the show needs to move forward.

I liked Dudley Simpson too, but even he was starting to sound the same towards the end of his tenure. Same with Murray Gold.

BANNED

Disney are presently negotiating with the BBC to acquire the rights to stream Doctor Who on Disney+

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...ks-newsupdate/

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If it's true that episode will hit straight after the BBC I will probably cord cut. Doctor Who is pretty much the only reason I have a TV license for the BBC outside maybe Ghosts and nature shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    A spinoff of The Sarah Jane Adventures is coming to Big Finish. It will focus on Rani Chandra and features the return of Anjli Mohindra who portrayed the character during the show's run. Here's more details.
    I keep thinking if this is a hit we'll eventually get a "Rani vs The Rani" story.

Wonder if that's possible. The Master/Missy and Tectuen have pretty much been the only time lords (apart from non-Gallifreyan ones like River and Jenny) that we've seen that have been outside the time lock/far future/dead limbo they and Gallifrey have been stuck in.

Then again I don't know if there's a 'rule' that she can't encounter her from before the time war. Doctor Who have been a bit fuzzy on that.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

People are getting stupidly mad about the idea of Disney+ distributing the show. Why? It's a streaming rights deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    People are getting stupidly mad about the idea of Disney+ distributing the show. Why? It's a streaming rights deal.
    Probably they’re thinking that the two combining creates some kind of mega woke black hole they’ll never escape from. XD Not as if Disney is funding Doctor Who, that’s Sony.

Kind of wondering when we'll get a date for the Jodie finale despite it getting heavily overshadowed by all the other news. Apart from the comics it seems Doctor Who was a no-show at SDCC.

Astonishing Member

Be around the 14th of November 2022. The 14th November is when the BBC had its first broadcast in 1922. Unless they go by the date it was founded which would be in October.

BANNED

Davies already confirmed it's airing in October

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Davies already confirmed it's airing in October
    Around the 18th then. That's when it was founded.

Bernard Cribbins has died. Very upset about it but glad he got to play dear Wilf one last time. Also the Dalek movies have been restored so I am tempted to try and see Dalek Invasion Earth if I can get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Bernard Cribbins has died. Very upset about it but glad he got to play dear Wilf one last time. Also the Dalek movies have been restored so I am tempted to try and see Dalek Invasion Earth if I can get the chance.
    Here's an article link about his passing.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

"Classic Doctors, New Monsters: the Stuff of nightmares" is out now.