Page 524 of 581 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 8715

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I think the first half of the special was a bit mish-mashy. Emo-Master hamming it up just annoyed me for some reason. The 2nd half of the special was really good I thought. Loved a lot of the things going on. The use of Ace and Tegan was great. Loved the cameos from the past Doctors (and nu-1st Doctor). The regeneration reaction from #14 (nee 10) was great. Overall, I quite enjoyed this special. And the support group thing was awesome...but who was the old guy in that scene (not Graham). The scenes with Ace with Seven and Tegan with Five were great.

Also, here's a teaser.

The old guy was William Russell. He played Ian Chesterton, one of the 1st Doctor's companions.

Chaotic story with great cameos.

Better than Capaldi's last episode Twice Upon the Doctor but not as good as the Parting of Ways, End of Time, or Time of the Doctor.

Much like Colin Baker who also had a dismal era of Who story wise I hope Jodie finds justice with Big Finish.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I really did like her last line "Right then Doctor Whoever I'm about to be .... tag, your it". It definetly fit her character.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Chaotic story with great cameos.

Better than Capaldi's last episode Twice Upon the Doctor but not as good as the Parting of Ways, End of Time, or Time of the Doctor.

Much like Colin Baker who also had a dismal era of Who story wise I hope Jodie finds justice with Big Finish.
    It was a little frustrating that she was such a great actor but had so few well written episodes, still she ended on a pretty solid note.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Fantastic Member

Has it been said that this incarnation of the Doctor that David was shown portraying will have a different personality to the last one he played?

Spectacular Member

Had to wait for 24 hours and stay off social media but finally watched it. Have to say imo the best episode of Chibnall's time as the showrunner, have not been a fan of his writing at all. Liked Jodie but the writing was very meh.

Still they went out on a high, episode had everything you could want from a regeneration episode, glad to see old companions and that Teegan and Ace got to interact with their Doctor and the fact we got cameo's from a couple of other Doctors, plus David Bradley.

and I loved the 'I know these teeth' followed by the What, What, What?

Meanwhile I have old Doctor Who DVDS from my birthday to watch. Earthshock or The Five Doctors... which should I watch first

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Has it been said that this incarnation of the Doctor that David was shown portraying will have a different personality to the last one he played?
    I imagine we'll find that out fairly soon
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It was a little frustrating that she was such a great actor but had so few well written episodes, still she ended on a pretty solid note.
    Jodie was great and deserved better. I compare her to Colin simply because they're the only 2 to do a few series and not have IMO 1 really great story. They have a few good, but nothing great. The only person with less than them is Paul McGann. Who looks great so can the BBC please given him a miniseries.

I'd be more excited if he got to come back for the specials over Tennant. Tennant already had an amazing run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Jodie was great and deserved better. I compare her to Colin simply because they're the only 2 to do a few series and not have IMO 1 really great story. They have a few good, but nothing great. The only person with less than them is Paul McGann. Who looks great so can the BBC please given him a miniseries.

I'd be more excited if he got to come back for the specials over Tennant. Tennant already had an amazing run.
    McGann did look great here, and he was great in his prequel short to Day of the Doctor too so I'd definitely love more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Not yet but I assume there will be. 14 would probably be more self aware than 10 was. He has the benefit of hindsight.

I'm not sure how I feel toward this. I'm leaning toward meh. It was great to see the old Doctors again (especially McGann) and the old companions, plus the support group made sense, loved that too...that's about it. And I forgot how much the O Master (or is he called The Spy Master) annoyed the living f out of me. Even still, I have hope he'll be much better at Big Finish (and Jodie's Doctor, too).

Plus he's also had three lives since then and more centuries of experience-actually a millennium at least (unless you count the confession dial billions) since the Eleventh Doctor spent two centuries trying to avert his death (Between God Complex and Closing Time) and then 900 years protecting Trenzalore. Plus I think it's strongly implied that the Twelfth and Nardole were guarding Missy and working at the school for seventy years.

Kind of wondering if the edge kind of connects to the whole "between regeneration" stuff like we've seen with Cho-Je, the Watcher and the Valeyard.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-24-2022 at 07:31 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Someone theorized that the theme behind 14's regeneration was nostalgia. 13 ran into old companions and got nostalgic. Plus 10 lived the shortest out of the modern doctors so he got another go around. I guess 14's arc is learning to let go.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-24-2022 at 08:19 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In watching the Tennant regeneration he seems more shocked at this. That something...seems wrong possibly given his facial reaction.

So with ideas that they want a Marvel Films type franchise with Who...want if this Doctor is literally 10...pulled seconds away as he regenerated into 11 and is now here. But who could do this or have that power ?

The real 14 or 15 is being held somewhere. 10/14 realizes he's been time displaced and while he should have logically died didn't . So now you have 2 guys.

If you wanna create a franchise series maybe this Tennant Doctor takes a new name. He decides to travel the universe etc with a new name and all. While the new Doctor begins his adventures. You can then perhaps introduce the Rani as a female Time Lord soon in new series and have 3 unique time travelers who meet up every couple years for big specials.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Someone theorized that the theme behind 14's regeneration was nostalgia. 13 ran into old companions and got nostalgic. Plus 10 lived the shortest out of the modern doctors so he got another go around. I guess 14's arc is learning to let go.
    I thought the Ninth Doctor was the shortest lived out of the modern era. We see the War Doctor start to regenerate into 9 at the end of The Day of The Doctor, and I always took that as the next stop of the Tardis was where he met Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I imagine we'll find that out fairly soon
    From what I've heard, you won't find out until next November.