Page 525 of 582 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 8718

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought the Ninth Doctor was the shortest lived out of the modern era. We see the War Doctor start to regenerate into 9 at the end of The Day of The Doctor, and I always took that as the next stop of the Tardis was where he met Rose.

From what I've heard, you won't find out until next November.
    I meant in universe. We saw 10's whole life on screen while 9 we only saw the end. But continuity is secondary so you could be right. Plus Tennant is more likely to come back than Eccleston.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I meant in universe. We saw 10's whole life on screen while 9 we only saw the end. But continuity is secondary so you could be right. Plus Tennant is more likely to come back than Eccleston.
    Well that's what I was saying- I thought we saw 9's whole life. I don't follow the audio dramas, so if there are additional adventures before he met Rose, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In watching the Tennant regeneration he seems more shocked at this. That something...seems wrong possibly given his facial reaction.

So with ideas that they want a Marvel Films type franchise with Who...want if this Doctor is literally 10...pulled seconds away as he regenerated into 11 and is now here. But who could do this or have that power ?
    The Celestial Toymaker. I'm chalking this up to his shenanigans until shown otherwise.

The real 14 or 15 is being held somewhere. 10/14 realizes he's been time displaced and while he should have logically died didn't . So now you have 2 guys.
    That's not a bad idea, but I doubt RTD will do that.

If you wanna create a franchise series maybe this Tennant Doctor takes a new name. He decides to travel the universe etc with a new name and all. While the new Doctor begins his adventures. You can then perhaps introduce the Rani as a female Time Lord soon in new series and have 3 unique time travelers who meet up every couple years for big specials.
    Speaking of franchise, I'm a bit surprised Chibs didn't attempt a spinoff like Moffat did with Class.

I'd like to see Torchwood return...if Barrowman is problematic, the audios have proven he doesn't necessarily have to be the lead, thought it would require reviving dead characters or creating equivalents. Or, get clever with recasting him: when he was blow'd up in Children of Earth, he "grew back" from his torso. The other body parts could have grown into a whole person/people who look different from Barrowman.

If that's too convoluted, I remember how folks got excited how that preview for a Doctor Who blu-ray release looked like a trailer for an Ace series. Sarah Jane Adventures should not be the only companion-based spinoff, IMO.

Jenny, naturally.

There's actually a lot they could do if they wanted to. I think the idea though is to first make sure Doctor Who is stable financially before attempting anything spinoff related, though. Maybe around incarnation #16 or #17.

I thought the Ninth Doctor was the shortest lived out of the modern era. We see the War Doctor start to regenerate into 9 at the end of The Day of The Doctor, and I always took that as the next stop of the Tardis was where he met Rose.

From what I've heard, you won't find out until next November.
    Going by the guy who told Rose the 'legend' of the Doctor in Rose he was the dude who mentioned him leaving a storm in his wake it sounded like 9 had been around a while because given the drawings of the Doctor he had it was 9 he was talking about.

10 on the other hand was only the Doctor for a few short years given the ages stated by 9 said he was 900, 10 said 903 in Voyage of the Damned and then 906 in End of Time, and 11 said 907 and eventually passing 1,000. So, 10 only lasting at best 7 years and is probably the shortest run of a Doctor and is sad given Doctor's usually last decades if not centuries in a body. Note 7 was older than 9 in classic Who having mentioned being 953, but 8 in the Big Finish audios eventually gave up after reaching over a 1,000 and started over at 1 year old which given how long the War Doctor was the Doctor given his age progression and how long it takes Time Lords to age this makes sense and the rule for me is usually add 1,000 years to whatever New Who says is the age of the Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The Celestial Toymaker. I'm chalking this up to his shenanigans until shown otherwise.

That's not a bad idea, but I doubt RTD will do that.

Speaking of franchise, I'm a bit surprised Chibs didn't attempt a spinoff like Moffat did with Class.

I'd like to see Torchwood return...if Barrowman is problematic, the audios have proven he doesn't necessarily have to be the lead, thought it would require reviving dead characters or creating equivalents. Or, get clever with recasting him: when he was blow'd up in Children of Earth, he "grew back" from his torso. The other body parts could have grown into a whole person/people who look different from Barrowman.

If that's too convoluted, I remember how folks got excited how that preview for a Doctor Who blu-ray release looked like a trailer for an Ace series. Sarah Jane Adventures should not be the only companion-based spinoff, IMO.

Jenny, naturally.

There's actually a lot they could do if they wanted to. I think the idea though is to first make sure Doctor Who is stable financially before attempting anything spinoff related, though. Maybe around incarnation #16 or #17.
    Well Miracle Day ended with a cliff hanger of Rex being immortal so why not do a new Torchwood with him and Gwen.

In watching the Tennant regeneration he seems more shocked at this. That something...seems wrong possibly given his facial reaction.

So with ideas that they want a Marvel Films type franchise with Who...want if this Doctor is literally 10...pulled seconds away as he regenerated into 11 and is now here. But who could do this or have that power ?

The real 14 or 15 is being held somewhere. 10/14 realizes he's been time displaced and while he should have logically died didn't . So now you have 2 guys.

If you wanna create a franchise series maybe this Tennant Doctor takes a new name. He decides to travel the universe etc with a new name and all. While the new Doctor begins his adventures. You can then perhaps introduce the Rani as a female Time Lord soon in new series and have 3 unique time travelers who meet up every couple years for big specials.
    There's always 10-2 and Rose but I don't think Tennant or Piper would commit to another series.
    Well that's what I was saying- I thought we saw 9's whole life. I don't follow the audio dramas, so if there are additional adventures before he met Rose, I don't know.
    Oh ok. He does but how canon they are is debatable.

Wonder if RTD will have a new console room for Tennant, since it didn't get destroyed this time (Although Smith's console changed because he was kind of gloomy over Amy & Rory).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

The show's rebrand has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well Miracle Day ended with a cliff hanger of Rex being immortal so why not do a new Torchwood with him and Gwen.
    I thought there was some licensing issue with Rex belonging to Starz. That's the only reason I didn't suggest him myself cause otherwise heck yeah I'd love to see him again.

A Jenny spinoff would be nice. You could team her up with River Song.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The show's rebrand has begun

Yep-the diamond logo from Pertwee's last/most of Tom but with a new look. Kind of like how the Paul Mcgann logo-which was used for a lot of products between 1996-2005 (and still even used after that) was basically a shinier version of Pertwee's.

Also Disney+ now has the streaming rights. Although the "exclusive" thing makes me wonder if they're dropping BBC America...
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-25-2022 at 08:55 AM.

So will this be a situation where you need 3 different streaming services to watch all of Doctor Who (Britbox "classic," HBO Max 9-13, AND Disney + for the newest series)?

As for the latest episode, I am not sure if I really liked it or was just blinded by nostalgia. I loved all the cameos and the return of Tennant (I really dig the new blue overcoat he was wearing, and is he still wearing sand shoes?) I thought Janet and Sophie were great and got a little choked up when Ace has her heart to heart with the 7th Doctor. I also really enjoyed the Master dancing to Rasputin and the Cyberman and Dalek reaction to it. But I feel like the idea of the Master becoming the Rasputin of Russian history could have been a major story in itself, as well as the side plot of the Dalek betraying it's own race. The Doctor has met "good daleks" before, (humanized versions in Evil of the Daleks and Evolution, Rusty the Dalek) A lot more could have been done with these ideas, imo. I am also not really sure how much of the plan really needed all 3 villains to team up, as the Cybermen seem to be shuffled off to the b-plot unrelated to the main action. Also I am unsure what value the daleks even saw in the Master inhabiting the Doctor's body, when they could just exterminate the Doctor (and Master) outright and be done with it.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I think it's possible that he was simply replacing the real Rasputin, using the power of his hypnosis (or a perception filter) to not make them notice the difference.

The opening seemed somewhat reminiscent of Star Wars, with the Cybermaster Leader using the chokehold and demanding to know where the cargo was ala Vader. His tone also seemed slightly more emotional, recalling the 80's Cyberleader a bit. Kind of wonder if his Timelord parts is a time lord we know (Rassilon? The General?)

Guess Chibnall must be a big fan of Logopolis since we got the reference to the fourth's death in Spyfall a few years ago, but now a mention of Auntie Vanessa and the Master making his TARDIS match the Doctor's (with of course a key difference). Like in LOGOPOLIS he is directly responsible for the regeneration-and as I posted earlier the Guardians are a bit similar to the "Watcher" lore.

Wonder if the Tennant regeneration was in part a side-effect of the "degeneration" used to Turn the Master Doctor back into Jodie. Also "forced regeneration" was a reference to WAR GAMES, there's a subtle reference to Timeless Child but that's it, and the Master's plan here seems to be similar to that of the TV movie, although in that case he was basically inhabiting a corpse and needed the Doctor lives while his body here is supposedly time lord and his main goal here is ruining the Doctor's reputation rather than survival. Of course there's an easy way for the Master to return should RTD wish to use him again down the line, although presumabely he'll be in a new body since this one was weakened at the end.

Ace's reference to the Master being "Half a cat" doesn't necessarily mean their only encounter was SURVIVAL, it's possible they ran into the Ainley/Cheetah version a few more times before she left. It's heavily implied in the TV movie that the Master that is exterminated still has this condition, especially if you look at the production photos of Gordon Tipple in costume (Although it's unclear if he's meant to be a stand-in for the Ainley version like Bradley is now for the First Doctor).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-25-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if RTD will have a new console room for Tennant, since it didn't get destroyed this time (Although Smith's console changed because he was kind of gloomy over Amy & Rory).
    Maybe they'll just use 13's till 15 appears?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean we see 15 in Tennants clothes, so the implication is that Tennant regenerates into him.