Page 534 of 581 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 8710

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The War Master, Sir Derick Jacobi, will be retiring from the role after 2024, his successor will be Rob Valentine

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the...the-war-master
    Is it a new incarnation of the Master? Or would Rob Valentine play the young War Master like Johnathon Carley does for the War Doctor?

So if it's a new War Master maybe that would be like a Tennant situation, with the Master revisiting "a familiar face" when he becomes Yana.

Conceivably that could even mean Dhawan could become Simm or Gomez again.

I think that the audios actually did play around with this already, the Master's Tremas "shell" wore out and became the decayed master again (played by Beevers) in some audios if I remember.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-23-2022 at 06:19 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So if it's a new War Master maybe that would be like a Tennant situation, with the Master revisiting "a familiar face".

I think that the audios actually did play around with this already, the Master's Tremas "shell" wore out and became the decayed master again (played by Beevers) in some audios if I remember.
    It's a workaround to keep Beavers in the role. The Decayed Master doesn't get a proper regeneration till Ravenous 4 "The Day of the Master".

Tremas and Bruce were psuedo regeneration but it's hard to tell that sometimes.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I do wish Big Finish would consider giving the Beevers Master his own boxset. Most of the other Masters have had one now and he's still my fav version between the voice and the fact he can't be as charismatic as the others and so his plans are typically more shadowy and fiendish. I love the character exploration Beevers actually wrote for him with the I Am The Master Short Trip release.

So if it's a new War Master maybe that would be like a Tennant situation, with the Master revisiting "a familiar face".

No, it was ripped from him by the alien entity in "Dust Breeding". Interestingly, it was supposed to be the Tremas Master played Anthony Ainley himself (Dust Breeding came out 2001, Ainley passed in 2004), but an agreement couldn't be reached with him so they just brought back Beevers.

So if it's a new War Master maybe that would be like a Tennant situation, with the Master revisiting "a familiar face" when he becomes Yana.

Him being an old face the master reusing would be fun. The master has lots of faces we haven't seen yet.

I take the article at face value. If Rob Valentine was playing a younger War Master (a la War Doctor post Hurt's death), or an incarnation after the War Master, it would have said so. They didn't leave anything to the imagination with Jonathon Carley taking over for John Hurt: origin stories, not anything post "Casualties of War".

In fact, looking at it again, it literally says "beyond", the opposite of the Carley article. "“Not only have I recorded three more box sets with Derek, showcasing even more sides to his brilliant Master, but the fantastic Rob Valentine will be stepping in to continue his adventures beyond that. Long live the Master!”
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 11-23-2022 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Him being an old face the master reusing would be fun. The master has lots of faces we haven't seen yet.
    Yeah-and I don't think it's ever said on-screen that the Delgado Master was the last regeneration or the same incarnation as the Pratt/Beevers Master (Which in a sense the Ainley Master kind of is), that's just fan assumption I think.

For all we know the Pratt incarnation actually looked like Peter Pratt before he decayed, the Wiki picture of Pratt even looks slightly Masterly.

9th Doctor: hidden depths is pretty fun.

Yeah-and I don't think it's ever said on-screen that the Delgado Master was the last regeneration or the same incarnation as the Pratt/Beevers Master (Which in a sense the Ainley Master kind of is), that's just fan assumption I think.

For all we know the Pratt incarnation actually looked like Peter Pratt before he decayed, the Wiki picture of Pratt even looks slightly Masterly.
    I guess Delgado was 11, Pratt was 12 and Beevers was 13?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-24-2022 at 07:56 AM.

I think it's generally presumed that the William Hughes Master who looked into the untampered schism is Master #1, and that the Pratt/Beevers Master is the last of his first cycle. It's unclear where Delgado sits.

BTW I looked up Hughes and he died at age 20 four years ago .

BANNED

Seems I made a mistake.

Rob Valentine is the name of the writer that's taking over supervision of the War Master range, as Scott Hancock, who previously ran the range, has been promoted to script editor of the next TV series of Doctor Who

I feel very silly right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Seems I made a mistake.

Rob Valentine is the name of the writer that's taking over supervision of the War Master range, as Scott Hancock, who previously ran the range, has been promoted to script editor of the next TV series of Doctor Who

I feel very silly right now.
    I made it too. I didn't read the big finish announcement more clearly.

https://youtu.be/2ilqCVY_Q_E

The next Eight Doctor time War boxset gets more details.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-25-2022 at 04:28 PM.

There's rumors about the Daleks and Cybermen getting spinoffs.

I think there was an attempt in the 60's to make one (Possibly why they didn't show up for a few years?) and of course there were "webisodes" in 2020.

A Cybermen series could be interesting if it was sort of an origin story, perhaps like "Spare parts". Don't think World Enough And Time really counts, the ones on the colony ship seemed to be an offshoot of the Mondasians who became Cybermen independently (or left Mondas when it was starting to be Cyber-converted)

There's rumors about the Daleks and Cybermen getting spinoffs.

I think there was an attempt in the 60's to make one (Possibly why they didn't show up for a few years?) and of course there were "webisodes" in 2020.

A Cybermen series could be interesting if it was sort of an origin story, perhaps like "Spare parts". Don't think World Enough And Time really counts, the ones on the colony ship seemed to be an offshoot of the Mondasians who became Cybermen independently (or left Mondas when it was starting to be Cyber-converted)
    Outside of the Time Lord villians, it's harder to do solos on the other villians. They tend to be hordes of aliens so you'd have to create one character to be a focal point like Brian the Ood assassin from Time Lord Victorious.

They'd work like horror movies so you could create characters to stand against them. Bill could be the lead of the Cyberman spinoff while Liv Chenka from Big Finish could be the lead of the Dakek spinoffs.

Yeah, I think one of the ideas for the Dalek series was to have a human enemy, some kind of space military force hero or heroes....something not unlike "Mission to the Unknown"

Curiously Terry Nation pitched it for America. While it was a golden age of sorts for American TV sci-fi in the late 60s I'm not sure how that would've worked, especially since a lot of sci-fi around that time seemed more like morality plays like Twilight Zone and Star Trek, with "Lost In Space" mainly already covering the monster of the week angle.

Funny thing is a Dalek-like robot appeared in early episodes of Macguyver, which Nation had a hand in.