Page 558 of 581 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 8711

They're hinting that CIN has the Doctor dealing with "Unfinished business"

I kind of wonder if he actually does destroy the Daleks before their creation, hence RTD's word about giving the Daleks a break. Maybe this will cause some weird ripple effects through time (The Doctor of course will retain his knowledge of his encounters with them, as it's been brought up several times he remembers altered timelines) that will be a plot plot in the specials or season 14. Just a theory really.

However it's a bit of an odd thing to show off in a charity special of all things, although Tennant's first performance of the Doctor post-regeneration as the tenth was likewise a CIN thing.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-17-2023 at 07:54 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

CIN Special is not remotely canon but is pretty hilarious, especially since it has a great guest star.

Is it just me or does the TARDIS exterior prop look a bit more detailed than normal? I know it's still Jodie's prop but it could've been repainted/modified.

Also the opening shot of Skaro was pretty well done. If you look closely you can see explosions on the surface.

Wonder if either is the increased budget at work.

Good thing they resisted the temptation to have the TARDIS be the result of Davros's disfigurement/injuries.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-17-2023 at 01:46 PM.

It was hilarious.

Insight into RTD's take on Davros.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-da...unner-explain/
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-18-2023 at 07:11 AM.

So I wonder if they use Davros, but in his timeline post-Witch's Familiar, how that would work.

The Daleks have been shown to been have fairly advanced robotic and cloning tech since pretty much the Hartnell era, so it should be easy to give Davros a new body without the injuries (It's also possible he has mutations too).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So I wonder if they use Davros, but in his timeline post-Witch's Familiar, how that would work.

The Daleks have been shown to been have fairly advanced robotic and cloning tech since pretty much the Hartnell era, so it should be easy to give Davros a new body without the injuries (It's also possible he has mutations too).
    Twitter suggested Davros's new form is him using the stolen regeneration energy from the Witch's familiar.

Possible I suppose. We've seen that regeneration works on non time-lords here and there like River, although Underworld and Mawdryn Undead have shown weird side effects. (I don't count the Cybermasters since they're time lords, of course there's also the whole Doctor might not be a time lord thing, but in that case it came from him/her).

We've also seen it can be used to heal but not change at times too; there's Jenny but also Ten used it for his hand, Eleven tried to use it on River's hand, River gave up hers to save the Doctor, and both ten and eleven had temporary resets fixing some injuries and aging before the full body change.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Thing is are the Daleks really going to follow orders from a Kaled Davros. They barely respected him half the time as he was, and when they did it was with an underlying begrudgeness. As humanoid they would possibly consider him way too inferior and try and exterminate him.

So I think it was Nicholas Briggs who played Nyder's voice in the short, although I thought it might've been Peter Miles himself until I remembered he died 5 years ago. Thought it could've been archival audio from his audio stuff or even an AI reconstruction but it was Briggs.

I liked seeing a pre-injured human Davros, but I don't want it as his permanent look moving forward. I thought seeing him slowly becoming more and more Dalek-like (both physically and mentally) in the original series throughout the Dalek Civil War (with him looking very much like the OG comic Emperor) very cool. (I was kinda hoping to see him whittled down to nothing but a head wired into the casing!)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

It was hilarious.

Insight into RTD's take on Davros.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-da...unner-explain/
    Time and society and culture and taste has moved on, and there's a problem with the Davros of old in that he's a wheelchair user who is evil. And I had problems with that, and a lot of us on the production team had problems with that, of associating disability with evil, and trust me, there's a very long tradition of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I liked seeing a pre-injured human Davros, but I don't want it as his permanent look moving forward. I thought seeing him slowly becoming more and more Dalek-like (both physically and mentally) in the original series throughout the Dalek Civil War (with him looking very much like the OG comic Emperor) very cool. (I was kinda hoping to see him whittled down to nothing but a head wired into the casing!)
    That was kind of what Revelation did (Possibly because the end of Ressurection showed him dying/melting due to the Movellan virus) but it was just a 'puppet' Davros controlled.

In Rememberance the Doctor's dialogue and Davros's appearence seems to imply he might've gotten rid of his appendages entirely (We don't see beneath his shoulders) but Stolen Earth/Journey's End shows him back in the old chair although with the hand blown off in Rememberance replaced by a metal one.

As for RTD's explanation I found a bit odd considering his era gave us Lumic and Max Capricorn in addition to the return of Davros. In fact, they were patterned *after* Davros's chair look!

WHO does have some questionable history with disabled characters, Barnham and Tommy from the Pertwee era for example, although Ryan (From Jodie's era) was a pretty good step in the right direction although it seems something the writers occasionally forgot about.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-18-2023 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    That was kind of what Revelation did (Possibly because the end of Ressurection showed him dying/melting due to the Movellan virus) but it was just a 'puppet' Davros controlled.

In Rememberance the Doctor's dialogue and Davros's appearence seems to imply he might've gotten rid of his appendages entirely (We don't see beneath his shoulders) but Stolen Earth/Journey's End shows him back in the old chair although with the hand blown off in Rememberance replaced by a metal one.

As for RTD's explanation I found a bit odd considering his era gave us Lumic and Max Capricorn in addition to the return of Davros. In fact, they were patterned *after* Davros's chair look!

WHO does have some questionable history with disabled characters, Barnham and Tommy from the Pertwee era for example, although Ryan (From Jodie's era) was a pretty good step in the right direction although it seems something the writers occasionally forgot about.
    It's possible Davies regrets certain decisions or changed his mind about them. Rather than changing Davros I rather just more disabled companions. Ryan was a step in the right direction but they tend to forgot he had dyspraxia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Time and society and culture and taste has moved on, and there's a problem with the Davros of old in that he's a wheelchair user who is evil. And I had problems with that, and a lot of us on the production team had problems with that, of associating disability with evil, and trust me, there's a very long tradition of this.
    In case folks missed this, the implication is this is how, and why, Davies wants Davros to look going forward. He doesn't want people to associate disabilities with evil.

Folks more familiar with the man (I only half paid attention to his first tenure, but watched all of SJA (I practically studied Moffat's run though)) can say if he's for real or talking out his youknowwhat or not. Guess we won't know until and if Davros shows up during 15th's run.

I will say if Davros is going to be non-disabled going forward...I'd like to think RTD can do better than a grown-up Randall Weems.