Page 56 of 581 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast
    Retired

These laws probably protect the Doctor and his companions from doing stupid things that could kill them and totally screw up the universe (as we've seen in past stories).

Even if you don't manage to destroy the universe, you'll probably put yourself in the hands of the Celestial Toymaker or the White Guardian if you exceed the limits imposed by the Time Lords' laws.

Extraordinary Member

Like I said, I always was under the impression Rassilon made it impossible for a Tardis to travel to a point in Gallifrey's timeline that was previous to its departure point. In other words, the Tardis would simply shut down.

It also raises the question of how time moves on Gallifrey relative to the Doctor? The strong impression from the first 26 seasons was that they were synchronis - that for every day the Doctor was doing things a day was also passing on his home world.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    It probably happened at some point or other by now, in all the different iterations, but when has any Power Ranger, of all of them, ever expressed dislike for the colour they wear daily, and are?
    Is it just me or would a crossover between Doctor Who and Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Kamen Rider be awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    These laws probably protect the Doctor and his companions from doing stupid things that could kill them and totally screw up the universe (as we've seen in past stories).

Even if you don't manage to destroy the universe, you'll probably put yourself in the hands of the Celestial Toymaker or the White Guardian if you exceed the limits imposed by the Time Lords' laws.
    Do the Celestial Toymaker and the White Guardian still exist or live?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Is it just me or would a crossover between Doctor Who and Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Kamen Rider be awesome?
    Well, if Superman and Doctor Who could happen, albeit in comic book format, why not the Rangers?

Question is, which Doctor, and which set of Rangers?

Well, if we consider time travel, then Time Force. I can just imagine the hilarity of that giant robot in Time Force hitting the TARDIS to fling it into the time gate.

As for Kamen Rider, again, Den-O would be pretty cool because of the time-traveling Den-Liner. Yeah...can't think of other reasons these guys should team up beyond time travel. Really, any PR/SS team and any Kamen Rider would be fine.

Personally, I want one with The Doctor and Professor Layton. That would be an epic teamup.

BANNED

Daleks combined , transformed.

There's a so many shows i could see it working with, the Mentalist (Jane and the Doctor would be fun) a few others as well. I think you could crossover the doctor with any show/book/movie so long as you could get a good story out of it, for example could you imagine the Doctor vs Dracula or even the Doctor dustng vamps form different series/books. This is also a long shot what about the doctor and his companion(s) joining the league of extrordinay gentlemen. Serious what do you think any weird or wonderful ideas - i might try and write it for you. I'm thinking of doing a 13th doctor fanfic. Anyone any idea where i could find a list of the Doctor's Rogues Gallery.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I recall one audio (I think?) where the Doctor mentioned leading "Zordon's people." Also that the Doctor traveled to the Zordon Nebula.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Well, if we consider time travel, then Time Force. I can just imagine the hilarity of that giant robot in Time Force hitting the TARDIS to fling it into the time gate.
    Time Force is the most logical choice, but if it were ever to happen (print/audio/whatever), it'd probably be the Doctor with the team du jour.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    There's a so many shows i could see it working with, the Mentalist (Jane and the Doctor would be fun) a few others as well. I think you could crossover the doctor with any show/book/movie so long as you could get a good story out of it, for example could you imagine the Doctor vs Dracula or even the Doctor dustng vamps form different series/books. This is also a long shot what about the doctor and his companion(s) joining the league of extrordinay gentlemen. Serious what do you think any weird or wonderful ideas - i might try and write it for you. I'm thinking of doing a 13th doctor fanfic. Anyone any idea where i could find a list of the Doctor's Rogues Gallery.
    Vampires are a real parasitic alien species in Doctor Who, according to the Fourth Doctor Rassilon's Time Lords went to war against them before The Doctor was born.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire

More than that, it was Rassilon's experiments with prototype TARDIS' that tore holes in SpaceTime that allowed the Vampires into our reality in the first place.
    So Rassilon went to war with the little blood suckers and, by all accounts, it was a close thing.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post

Ha!
    Just yesterday I was looking at Doctor Who images on Google and there was a fanart of the TARDIS as a Transformer.
    Could you imagine the awesomeness of the Tardis turning into a bi-pedal robot in order to go pick up the Doctor when he's gotten himself in a scrape?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

That TARDIS Data Core link lead me through a link hole and I got to see some of the plots for the Gallifrey audios starring Romana and Leela. Damn those sound great. I need to give them a listen one of this days.

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post

Captain Planet? Transformers? Power Rangers?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Captain Planet? Transformers? Power Rangers?
    Probably Voltron?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)