Page 575 of 582 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 8716

I mean, they're not using that word, but it sounds like Millie Gibson was fired...

Kind of wonder what happened if it wasn't just a career decision. She seemed to get along fine with Ncuti, maybe something to do with RTD?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's of course possible that Ruby could come back for a few episodes like Martha did in season 4/End of Time etc. and of course Donna recently.

Unless Millie left on a bad note...
    That's one of several possibilities.

Another is that RTD & company felt that her story came to a logical endpoint, or that some other dynamic could work in 2025.

She's got plenty of time to line up new acting gigs now that she has an international profile.

As far as I know, the only actor RTD has bad blood with is Christopher Eccleston.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Clive Swift (Mr. Cooper in Voyage of the Damned, also Jobell in Revelation of the Daleks) sort of gave a weird interview in DWM and was cut from the season 4 finale because of it.

Although in his case I think it was more "I think the whole thing is rubbish that's beneath me and it's just a job" ala Alec Guinness & Star Wars although he was also very rude to the interviewer.

Pic of Ncuti and Varada. Like that the fifteeenth doesn't have a static look/"uniform" (Even most modern Doctors mainly just changed the colors and basic details of some of their outfits) while still retaining a "Doctor" look.

Episode seems to involve Vegas. There was a twelfth Doctor comic a while back that had the Doctor in Vegas....

Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-23-2024 at 07:08 AM.

Another one.

Kind of weird there's been no official statement as the cat's out of the bag.

So I have never really watched Doctor Who. But Pluto has a Doctor Who Classics channel and I have been watching it. I have to say I am enjoying the hell out of it. I dont know who the doctor is the episodes are in black and white. THe next one I am going to watch is Doctor Who Terror of the Autons. I am looking forward it it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

William Hartnell (1st) and Patrick Troughton (2nd) were the Doctors in black and white, although Jon Pertwee had a few stories in which the original color was lost.

Hartnell's the old, occasionally grouchy and mischievous man often with a cane; Troughton is the shorter, younger guy with suspenders and a bow tie, with a Beatle hair cut by more kind of Charlie Chaplin style physical comedy.

Most of these have been restored for home video releases but I'm not sure if some versions still have the Black and white versions that were occasionally broadcast.

Terror of the Autons is pretty good, it largely sets the tone for the rest of the Pertwee era (His first season was somewhat more serious), and introduces the Master and one of the most popular companions, Jo Grant (although she comes off as a bit of a ditz at first) as well as Captain Mike Yates, another UNIT supporting character (Played by Richard Franklin who died last Christmas). The Master becomes a recurring nemesis across both series, on the same level as the Daleks and Cybermen.

The Pertwee era is a bit of an outlier, the format was changed to be somewhat more akin to James Bond with more action and gadgets (although far less womanizing) and the Doctor largely being stuck on Earth in one time (What time it was is a matter of some debate among some fans....)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-24-2024 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    William Hartnell (1st) and Patrick Troughton (2nd) were the Doctors in black and white, although Jon Pertwee had a few stories in which the original color was lost.

Hartnell's the old, occasionally grouchy and mischievous man often with a cane; Troughton is the shorter, younger guy with suspenders and a bow tie, with a Beatle hair cut by more kind of Charlie Chaplin style physical comedy.

Most of these have been restored for home video releases but I'm not sure if some versions still have the Black and white versions that were occasionally broadcast.

Terror of the Autons is pretty good, it largely sets the tone for the rest of the Pertwee era (His first season was somewhat more serious), and introduces the Master and one of the most popular companions, Jo Grant (although she comes off as a bit of a ditz at first) as well as Captain Mike Yates, another UNIT supporting character (Played by Richard Franklin who died last Christmas). The Master becomes a recurring nemesis across both series, on the same level as the Daleks and Cybermen.

The Pertwee era is a bit of an outlier, the format was changed to be somewhat more akin to James Bond with more action and gadgets (although far less womanizing) and the Doctor largely being stuck on Earth in one time (What time it was is a matter of some debate among some fans....)
    I found Pertee a fun Doctor. I did wonder why he was on Earth and not traveling around in The Tardis. Terror of the Autons was a fun show to watch and I really enjoyed it. THe next Doctor Who I am going to watch is Revenge of the Cybermen latger today when it starts.

I do want to see some shows with the Daleks as I hear those are the major Big bads of the Doctor Who universe.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Basically at the end of Patrick Troughton's era, the Time Lords caught up to him when he asks for his help (dealing with an evil time lord, the War Chief)-it's revealed that he pretty much stole the TARDIS and his adventures are against Time lord rules-basically, they're meant to observe, not interfere.

Although he successfully argues that evil must be fought, the Time Lords exile him to Earth with certain details about how to operate the TARDIS properly and it's components removed. The Doctor does occasionally have limited forms of travel with it, but it's mainly doing favors for the Time Lords, short hops around on Earth or piggybacking on the Master's functional TARDIS. At one point trying to fix it he accidentally winds up in an alternate universe.

This is lifted in "The Three Doctors" although the Third Doctor still sticks to Earth and UNIT a great deal until he regenerates into the Fourth, who becomes estranged from UNIT in his second season.

REVENGE OF THE CYBERMEN is a bit meh, it's main claims to fame is that it's the only Cybermen story of the 70s (Minus some small cameos) and it was the very first Doctor Who VHS home video release, mainly because the Fifth Doctor's EARTHSHOCK was hugely popular at the time and that was requested, but the BBC couldn't get it ready so they released Tom's adventure instead (Complete with an inaccurate Earthshock Cybermen and final season Tom on the cover, although this was 'fixed' with re-releases).

It's also got some nice cave cinematography but that's it really.

As for the Daleks, GENESIS OF THE DALEKS is often considered the top story, although the Daleks are generally more supporting characters in the first part. It deals with the Doctor sent by the Time Lords to stop the Daleks from being created in the first place; it also retcons their origins somewhat (Originally they were survivors of a nuclear war and it's presumed they simply create the machines themselves; however GOTD reveals that the mutant creatures were actually engineered and programmed by a mad scientist).

REMEMBERANCE OF THE DALEKS I think is generally considered the second best story (Although Troughton's are highly acclaimed they are unfortunately incomplete) although it helps to watch Doctor Who's pilot story and some of the other 80's Dalek stories to get a better idea of the plot, which involves a Dalek civil war (Which pretty much starts in Davison's RESSURECTION OF THE DALEKS) and an item from the Doctor's past.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I found Pertee a fun Doctor. I did wonder why he was on Earth and not traveling around in The Tardis. Terror of the Autons was a fun show to watch and I really enjoyed it. THe next Doctor Who I am going to watch is Revenge of the Cybermen latger today when it starts.

I do want to see some shows with the Daleks as I hear those are the major Big bads of the Doctor Who universe.
    Classic Who is also on Tubi which is a free app, and they have the show divided into the individual Doctors meaning all the Hartnell Episodes are together and so on and so on. Just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to watch at your leisure.

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-who-the-v...one-who-waits/

Cbr.com has a theory about the Valeyard as the One Who Waits.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/doctor-who-the-v...one-who-waits/

Cbr.com has a theory about the Valeyard as the One Who Waits.
    Unless you ignore the Timeless Child the Valeyard being any incarnation post 13 makes little sense to me. The Valeyard's whole thing was wanting more regenerations but after the Timeless Child revelation the Doctor and thus Valeyard would know they are the source of Regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Unless you ignore the Timeless Child the Valeyard being any incarnation post 13 makes little sense to me. The Valeyard's whole thing was wanting more regenerations but after the Timeless Child revelation the Doctor and thus Valeyard would know they are the source of Regeneration.
    Exactly what I was thinking, especially with RTD saying he loved the The Timeless Child idea and isn't doing away with it.

The Valeyard was also disguised as-or somehow took over the body of the Keeper of the Matrix on Gallifrey. Trial of A Time Lord ended with an "I'll be back!" sort of cliffhanger that was never resolved (But I suppose it could be later on, after it took a while of course for the Doctor to finally have "other meetings in an other time" with the Toymaker but it did happen)

If they did tie this in with the TC, that could also mean that 1) he could be the one who let the Master "hack" the Matrix in the first place 2)could have fabricated the Matrix "footage" entirely much in the same way he messed around with some of the evidence in the trial.

Although that doesn't account for a lot of the stuff in FLUX though unless he was the "greater scope villain" there somehow.