Page 6 of 580 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Love the show, can't wait for Capaldi's first season! And Jenna Coleman hopefully sticking around for an additional year or two after.

Ah, I found the Earth Shock extra.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    Love the show, can't wait for Capaldi's first season! And Jenna Coleman hopefully sticking around for an additional year or two after.
    She's signed on for all of Series 8.

I'm hoping she pulls a Sarah Jane.
    She was acceptable under Pertwee, but shined under Tom Baker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Ah, I found the Earth Shock extra.
    Bahahahhahaah!!!!

Former Doctor Who co-star Karen Gillan has landed the starring role on a new ABC show for the fall called Selfie.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Something like this, perhaps?

I know I thanked you before but now I have had a chance to fully watch it on my tv (rather than pc monitor) I was blown away by the potential, to star the voice of Jon Pertwee and his style was a real treat. If a Kickstarter appeared for expanding this into a series I would definitely be sponsoring.

Doctor Who to return this July. I was sure we would have to wait till September/October. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Doctor Who to return this July. I was sure we would have to wait till September/October. Yay.
    Source ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Source ?
    One of the pages I follow on Facebook. Can't remember which one.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    One of the pages I follow on Facebook. Can't remember which one.
    The report came from an article on Yahoo https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/doctor-serie...212500284.html , which in turn came from this interview; http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/02/...ld-in-england/

However, I'm not sure if someone has perhaps misunderstood what Ben was saying. When he says "I’ve got two more weeks shooting Doctor Who, which hopefully is going to go in July", is he talking about the series kicking off... Or when he's finishing up directing? It would seem unusual to finish shooting one episode after others had been filmed, but it's not impossible. And just the way he worded his sentence, it doesn't sound like he's speaking about when the new series is starting.

And at the end of the day, why would the BBC start the show at the very height of Summer anyway?

Yeah they seem to be still filming, and then of course there's post production. Moffat I think prefers to run Doctor Who in the fall anyway.

BANNED

The show is slated for August/September.

BANNED

Holy crap, Paul Spragg passed away.

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/paul-spragg

For those not in the know, this is the man who worked tirelessly correcting orders, interacting with fans of Big Finish, making podcasts and doing just about everything for Big Finish. (Script edits, cover layouts, interviews, etc...)

This is a staggering loss for them.

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Just wanted to say that Paul McGann's Eighth Doctor is one of my favorite Doctors. I loved the TV movie and the Night of the Doctor special; if the later became a series of specials or online shorts, I would be right over the moon! In the meantime, I have a ton of Eighth Doctor audios to wade through, not to mention the novels (all out of print, sadly). I'm also going to order the trade collections of the DWM Eigth Doctor comics

Also, that's sad news about Paul Spragg....

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Default DW bookshelf

I just finished the first Doctor Who Omnibus (graphic novel) featuring Tennant and found it enjoyable enough despite some really....strange artwork in some of the stories. The Forgotten was better than I thought it would be per some reviews, though was a bit disappointed in Agent's ending. The shorter stories were hit and miss....nothing bad though....(Eh, except Donna and Tom Baker's Doctor were horribly done, imho. And the opening pages had one freaky looking 10.) Am about to start the 2nd Omnibus to finish that series.

Was wondering what anyone thought of the later, Matt Smith stories? Read the reviews at AMZ, but there weren't many of them. Are the stories well done? Is the artwork at least passable?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)