Page 66 of 581 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    I would really like to know why this Doctor has a problem with Soldiers.
    This isn't a response to your question, but the more we talk about the Doctor's problem with soldiers, the more I start to realize that this disdain is balanced out by the companion and other supporting characters. In effect, it amplifies the Doctor's disdain for them even more because then the companions and co. act as the audience surrogate in that matter. But then it's a larger sense of disliking the occupation, but not disliking the person doing it -- being anti-military is different than being anti-person, and the Doctor often mixes the two apart while the others often represent that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It could also be that the Doctor just abhors violence in general, but a soldier's life is a violent one by nature. (it dawned upon me the other day that Series 4 twice had armies calling on the Doctor to lead them into battle, and he basically LOLNOPE'd out of both of them)

"Inside the Dalek" sounds dirty.
    'Let me see yo-ur sonic screw-driver, Doc-tor'.
    Last edited by Crimson Knight; 09-29-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    'Let me see your sonic screwdriver, Doc-tor'.
    "IN-SEM-IN-ATE! IN-SEM-IN-ATE!"

I'll see myself out now.

Retired

One of my favourite parts of "The Caretaker" was right at the beginning, where we see Clara and the Doctor on all these fantastic adventures--and we can only guess at the full story behind them. And there are probably lots of adventures we never saw. So this leaves an opening for comics, novels and audio stories. And it means that Clara and the Twelfth Doctor have now been together for a good long time. She's comfortable with him--unlike "Deep Breath"--and no matter what happens going forward, they will always have that time.

"IN-SEM-IN-ATE! IN-SEM-IN-ATE!"

I'll see myself out now.
    XD

Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    One of my favourite parts of "The Caretaker" was right at the beginning, where we see Clara and the Doctor on all these fantastic adventures--and we can only guess at the full story behind them. And there are probably lots of adventures we never saw. So this leaves an opening for comics, novels and audio stories. And it means that Clara and the Twelfth Doctor have now been together for a good long time. She's comfortable with him--unlike "Deep Breath"--and no matter what happens going forward, they will always have that time.
    Agreed. I love this one episode of Community, which at first seemed like a cliche'd clip show where the cast just sat around reminiscing, but in reality all the "clips" were of adventures the study group had that were never ever episodes to begin with.

There's something about the timeline of this season, too: at the beginning, we learn that Danny was just hired at Coal Hill (the awkward introduction by the principal to Clara), but during parent-teacher night, Courtney's parents talked about last year, when Danny seemingly gave Courtney a worse evaluation. Thus, it's probably that at least a year has passed. It means that the show's no longer sticking to the typical but unofficial "1 series = 1 year" rule. It also means that Courtney's parents are adorably optimistic and just want their daughter to succeed.

River's husband/Jorah Mormont in the Time of the Angels...
    I think you might need to go back and watch that episode again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I think you might need to go back and watch that episode again.
    Pardon, Father Fiance.

I was hoping for the best for Ser Friendzone, who seems to be the third wheel no matter what era or planet he's on.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-30-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I'm confused. Are you implying that Octavian is somehow romantically linked to River Song? I never got that impression from watching those episodes.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I'm confused. Are you implying that Octavian is somehow romantically linked to River Song? I never got that impression from watching those episodes.
    He only claimed to be engaged to River to get the Doctor to go along with them (to hide that she was actually in custody), but the greater point was that he was in awe of and in the shadow of the Doctor, a man he greatly respects and didn't want to tell him the truth of River's crimes. But Iain Glen tends to be in roles where he's very intentionally getting left behind by a woman, whether it's River or Daenerys or other shows and movies.

He only claimed to be engaged to River to get the Doctor to go along with them (to hide that she was actually in custody).
    Ah I don't remember that at all. I'll have to watch out for it next time I rewatch those episodes.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

He only claimed to be engaged to River to get the Doctor to go along with them (to hide that she was actually in custody), but the greater point was that he was in awe of and in the shadow of the Doctor, a man he greatly respects and didn't want to tell him the truth of River's crimes. But Iain Glen tends to be in roles where he's very intentionally getting left behind by a woman, whether it's River or Daenerys or other shows and movies.
    Was the guy playing the blue fella in Season 6 the same guy at Danys' side for GOT?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Was the guy playing the blue fella in Season 6 the same guy at Danys' side for GOT?
    Do you mean Dorium?

BANNED

It was in 2009, it's really funny in retrospect.