Page 98 of 581 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 8710

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    UNIT is back for Big Finish. This time with Jemma Redgrave reprising her role as Kate Stewart for the first Big Finish story that dabbles with New Who!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/unit---extinction
    Delighted to hear that. Hopefully they can one day do some stuff for War Doctor, 9th Doctor, 10th Doctor, 11th, and eventually, the 12th.

Lot of ground to be covered if the New floodgates can be opened up.

BTW, in relation to the latest Season, I ask this of everyone: Your Favourite Master?

Roger Delgado, from 1971-1973?

Peter Pratt, in 1973?

Geoffrey Beevers, in 1981?

Anthony Ainley, from 1981-1989?

Gordon Tipple, in 1986?

Eric Roberts, in 1996?

Derek Jacobi, in 2007?

John Simm, from 2007-2010?

Michelle Gomez, 2014-present?

Delgado is miles above any of the others. That version of the Master was an evil bastard but he had style and class while he was trying to take over the Universe.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Delgado is miles above any of the others. That version of the Master was an evil bastard but he had style and class while he was trying to take over the Universe.
    How would you rate the others, without comparing to Delgado, or comparing?

Gomez, to Delgado?

Simm, to Roberts?

Ainley to Simm?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Life's been hectic.

a. For reviews on various DW toys, I recommend YouTube's Votesaxon7. He's indepth and funny too.
    b. Leave Six's regent story alone. Life is full of crazy stupidities. Every fandom should sport them as well. For the same reason...I miss Superman's trunks.

c. Delgado then Ainsley then Simms. All other Masters I ignore. So far.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I read Doctor Who: Voyager and really enjoyed it. The graphic novel collects strips from Doctor Who Magazine #88-99 and features the Sixth Doctor. The Steve Parkhouse story is interesting and John Ridgway's artwork is excellent. Not sure but this may be the first time in continuity that Frobisher shape shifts into the form of a penguin.

I checked out the Abslom Daak: Dalek Killer graphic novel mostly due to the character becoming part of the TV continuity with the season 8 episode "Time Heist". This volume contains multiple action packed stories including the Seventh Doctor story "Nemesis of the Daleks" which I highly recommend.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    I checked out the Abslom Daak: Dalek Killer graphic novel mostly due to the character becoming part of the TV continuity with the season 8 episode "Time Heist".
    That's why the name sounded vaguely familiar. Although I don't recall reading any Doctor Who graphic novels until 2014. At least, not since the Tom Baker ones in the 1980's which a sf/f store was selling. Maybe he was a character back then? My recall of those comics are hazy. I only remember Tom Baker's Doctor turning into a wolfman and rolling my eyes.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Yeah, Absolm must be a pretty big deal, because I remember a lot of people being really excited when they cameoed his face in Time Heist.

Was thinking of how New Who had a tendency to re-introduce monsters or villains from the old show for a new audience. What do you think would be some good ones to bring back?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    That's why the name sounded vaguely familiar. Although I don't recall reading any Doctor Who graphic novels until 2014. At least, not since the Tom Baker ones in the 1980's which a sf/f store was selling. Maybe he was a character back then?
    Yeah Abslom Daak appeared in DWM in the early '80s. That collection reprints all his appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    My recall of those comics are hazy. I only remember Tom Baker's Doctor turning into a wolfman and rolling my eyes.
    Dave Gibbons run is actually quite good.

Was thinking of how New Who had a tendency to re-introduce monsters or villains from the old show for a new audience. What do you think would be some good ones to bring back?
    I'd love to see the Rutan Host and the Draconians return to TV.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Considering how the Rutans are tied to the Sontarans, they do seem like a good choice to bring back. The Draconians and their ties to Time Lord history can also be a good choice.

Oh and the Rani as well. Sure, the original actress has passed, but there's always regeneration. IIRC, The Rani will regenerate in Big Finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Delighted to hear that. Hopefully they can one day do some stuff for War Doctor, 9th Doctor, 10th Doctor, 11th, and eventually, the 12th.

Lot of ground to be covered if the New floodgates can be opened up.

BTW, in relation to the latest Season, I ask this of everyone: Your Favourite Master?

Roger Delgado, from 1971-1973?

Peter Pratt, in 1973?

Geoffrey Beevers, in 1981?

Anthony Ainley, from 1981-1989?

Gordon Tipple, in 1986?

Eric Roberts, in 1996?

Derek Jacobi, in 2007?

John Simm, from 2007-2010?

Michelle Gomez, 2014-present?
    If we count Big Finish, Alex MacQueen is my favorite. He's the Master I wanted in NuWho, not Simm though Gomez is alright.

Outside of it Delgado.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

So yeah, in case anyone missed it, there's gonna be a five part crossover event in the Titan Doctor Who comics from August 12-September featuring 10, 11, and 12. Will we written by Paul Cornell.

So yeah, in case anyone missed it, there's gonna be a five part crossover event in the Titan Doctor Who comics from August 12-September featuring 10, 11, and 12. Will we written by Paul Cornell.
    Ah, yeah, I'd read a CBR headline saying about a crossover.

Didn't read the story, but...that could be well worth reading.

Was wanting to see Eleven and Twelve together, and guess my friend'll be delighted that his favourite, 10, will be in the mix too - even if not 'the actor'.

What's the usual quality, would you say, of Cornell? Written DW before, at all?

Can't really judge Cornell since I haven't seen a lot of his stuff, but here's his Doctor Who bibliography:

Novels: Timewyrm: Revelation, Love and War, No Future, Human Nature, Happy Endings, Goth Opera, The Shadows of Avalon, Scream of the Shalka, Oh No It Isn't!

Short Stories: Teenage Kicks, Lackaday Express, The Trials of Tara, The Hopes and Fears of All the Years, The War of Art

TV: Father's Day, Human Nature, The Family of Blood

Reference books: The Discontinuity Guide

Audios: The Shadow of the Scourge, Seasons of Fear, Circular Time, The 100 Days of the Doctor, Death and the Daleks

Webasts: Scream of the Shalka

Comics: The Chameleon Factor, Emperor and the Daleks, Time & Time Again, Stairway to Heaven, Seaside Rendezvous, Metamorphosis, The Girl Who Loved Doctor Who

I'm in the "where is Nine?" group. I've already seen 10/11 together. I'd much rather see 9-12 together. Or throw in some older Doctors like Four or Six, as well. Does the license require them to avoid anything pre-Eccleston?

The Raston Warrior from THE FIVE DOCTORS. Supposedly the deadliest killing android ever designed. It wiped out a battalion of Cybermen without a scratch. So, I would love an episode where one is trapped in the TARDIS with The Doctor & Companion. The entire episode is staying ahead of it enough to not be killed, but somehow getting it out of the TARDIS. It would be a budget-saver for the Beeb, allowing everything to happen inside the TARDIS corridor sets.

Also, Sil from the Colin Baker's era. That disgusting little slug creature would be a welcome change to "concept aliens" from Moff's era or "analogy races" from RTD's. Sil was more the Trek-style alien where the race is defined by a specific sociopolitical aspect of humanity (i.e. Sil's race are consummate Capitalists like Trek's Ferengi). Also, the actor that played him is still alive and active.

Finally, I would like a past Master to appear. Geoffrey Beavers, the disfigured version that just got through reprising the character for Big Finish's 50th anniversary episode, would be a welcome return. With the makeup required, it's not like the aging will show. Honestly, I'd love a multi-Doctor story that had to deal with a team-up of all the (living) Masters. Beavers, Roberts, Simm, Gomez...together they would be a LOT of fun. Also, it should be noted that Delgado was insinuated to be the next-to-last incarnation of The Master's original life cycle, with Beavers/Pratt being the 13th Master. After that he was stealing bodies (Tremas/Ainley, Bruce/Roberts) until they gave him a new life cycle for the Time War. So that means there are probably 11 Masters we've never seen preceding Delgado. Add your dream-cast Master and off you go! LOL!

So, anyway, that's my idea. Hello, btw. Long-time lurker, decided to register.

BTW, I don't know Forum Etiquette. So if I'm posting too much or posting "incorrectly" please let me know.

I've been trying to teach myself Photoshop for a while now, and generally use Doctor Who as a practicing board...