Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

No. Books are meant to be read, not stored in a bag.

Spectacular Member

But you can drink tea in bags...
    MIKPsqt.jpg
    I get dust jacket covers like libraries and buy it by the roll. For hardcovers without dust jackets, I simply fit it in. I s'pose you could make your own. I used to use vinyl, which is tougher but also sticks together and if you're not careful may screw the binding when pulling them from shelves (I've resorted using clear file dividers to "unstick" vinyl books shelved together).

And I cover seal my trades like school exercise books.

Someone mentioned it ages ago in a different thread that his books got smoke damaged because of a fire (I think it wasn't even in his place but at the neighbor's maybe) and ever since then he puts all his valuable books in plastic bags.
    But I don't see the problem since
    a.) don't be silly guys they are resealable bags, the books are not wrapped in kitchen foil you can take them out easily if you want to read them.
    b.) it's your books, you paid for it, do whatever you want with them. I found it more silly that some people throw away the dustjackets straight away.
    c.) why is it not looked down on when people bag and board their floppies? They are less valuable and much more fuss to read that way

Spectacular Member

Hmm I do have one trade in a bag. One of the X-statix volumes. I thought I bought that for a mint at the time. Then I upgraded to the omnibus.

I wanted to ask for some minor help/ advice I know this is about trades and collections this is about single issues.... its about protecting rare comics. What would be the best aside from the CGC cases? I often hear mylites are great and been thinking buying the standard sizes for issues like new Mutants 98 and 87 and another mylites pack but for silver age and then getting Top Load Holders 5mm wide opening(Magazine, 9 1/2" x11") from hotflips to place them in but I have heard a few negative things about mylites. Any advice would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance.