Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This just basically confirms what we already know. DC Comics revolves around Batman
    Well DC does stand for Detective Comics lol.

Fantastic Member

CSA have been around since 1964 and were the main villains in an DC animated movie, it's not like Geoff Johns invented the concept of alter dimensional evil doppelgangers invasion. The Dark Knights at least have a psychological twist on the idea, as they're based on Bruce Wayne's fear.

There isn't any equivalent to Barbatos in Forever Evil, who is more essential to the core story. Metal also has far more continuity references and world building. While it is revolved around Batman, so far it's revolved around him being manipulated and defeated, not something that will make other characters look inferior.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Can't get fatigued by something I had no interest in from jump street. That's how I'm rolling when it comes to Metal.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-20-2017 at 05:55 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I like the main title, but I've read all the tie-ins with the League getting trashed, and am now ready for the good guys to start winning.

I'm enjoying METAL and get excited whenever I see a new issue or tie-in appear.

FOREVER EVIL was a chore to get through.

I was very interested up until about halfway through the Dark Knight tie-ins being released, then I began to see how formulaic they were.

Peaked too early at the start (Red Death, Murder Machine) then really started to flounder until the very disappointing Batman Who Laughs completely failing to tie all the other one-shots together.

As for the main event itself, its become rather bloated with all these tie-ins and extra one-shots being chucked in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Astonishing Member

Metal and Forever Evil are pretty close to being parallels while also almost inverted.

The CSA in Forever Evil and their universe itself is implied to be the literal origin place of evil on a cosmic level, thus why Pandora's Box unleashed the 7 Deadly Sins onto mankind.

While the Dark Multiverse is essentially all the potential horrors of the DC universe, and for some reason they're all Bat themed. :P

Both focus on these parallel versions and just how diverged they are from the normal selves.

Both are also about how the heroes are otherwise powerless to stop them.

Perhaps the biggest inversion simply being that Batman's place in FE was all about being outgunned/outmatched and NOT being the savior.

While Metal seems to be setting up Bruce to possibly be the ONLY one capable of taking down the Dark Knights even those he shouldn't theoretically be able to touch, at least based on what I've only glimpsed.

Both seem fun but I am fatigued because I started to get into this simply because I thought it was gonig to be an epic delving into secrets of DC's reality which it really hasn't done it sounds like once the Dark Knights popped up.

Astonishing Member

The heroes constantly being on the backfoot reminds me of Secret Empire, where it took a while for the heroes to strike any meaningful victories against Hydra.