Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default C.B. Cebulski Becomes New Marvel Editor-In-Chief

Bleeding Cool are reporting Axel Alonzo has been shown the door and replacing him is C.B Cebulski, who verified this to them

No slouch as a comic book creator either, Cebulski’s background working at Central Park Media before Marvel saw him picked out as perfect to create the Marvel Mangaverse line, followed by writing the Marvel Fairytales comics, Loners, and Inferno II sticking out most prominently, and he edited and put together the sleeper hit Runaways. But he also had a number of creator-owned comics at Image, while he was working at Marvel, including Drain and Wonderlost.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...marvel-comics/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bleeding Cool are reporting Axel Alonzo has been shown the door and replacing him is C.B Cebulski, who verified this to them

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...marvel-comics/
    I think Stan and Joe Q are the only editors not shown the door. It seems like a tough job to keep.

A part of me kinda feels bad for Alonso, but at the same time I've been thinking Marvel's been needing new blood editorially for a while now (and just in general).

But Cebulski? I'm not sure I can see him as EiC but it'll be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

BANNED

I do love they picked a guy who's initials are "C.B". Perfect for this line of work.

This is very surprising.

We're seeing a lot of shake-ups recently. I do think shake-ups are necessary. But that doesn't make it any less surprising.

BANNED

Axel is leaving Marvel altogether according to the New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/b...-in-chief.html

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The last time I was excited to see Alonso's name on a book, it was a Vertigo title. Send him back there. They seem to be undergoing their own renovations, so the timing may be right...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ding dong the witch is dead
    BB

omg the <EXPLETIVE> ALONSO said about artists not mattering to sales and the nonsense he spat about diversity and his nephew!!!!!!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-17-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Wow. So sudden. Hell of a resume on Cebulski though. Best of luck to him.

Can't help but wonder why Marvel parted ways with Alonso though. Can't say I've enjoyed the bulk of his tenure, but they seemed to make a point that profits were up? Hot on the heels of Bendis leaving too. Easy to think of conspiracy theories. Wonder if the two are connected?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    omg the <EXPLETIVE> this dude said about artists not mattering to sales and the nonsense he spat about diversity and his nephew!!!!!!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Elaborate? I don't know much about him.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Bendis and Alonso had their time in the sun. I think Marvel needs a shake up and some new blood so I'm ok with this.

https://www.newsarama.com/37418-axel...-in-chief.html

Could this have something to do with Alonso not being able to keep Bendis from going to DC?

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Could this have something to do with Alonso not being able to keep Bendis from going to DC?

Peace
    Possibly the reverse. Bendis knew he was going to leave (possibly on the whole diversity initiative failing) and bailed for DC before he did. I mean this sort of transition isn't something you do on a drop of dime unless it's a firing

WHAAAAAT?!! : O

I'm... kind of dumb-founded on this?? Totally unexpected - Axel has had a rough two years, since the end of Secret Wars, but he's done fairly economically - although I will admit towards being less excited about the books for some reason or another.

With that said: EXCITED to see that it's C.B! : D I remember when he was Marvel's big go-to guy for talent-searching during the Joe Q days - he may just have what it takes! If nothing, he will be able to attract new, exciting international artists to the company, and probably be able to weed out just whom of the untested, new talent out there who may just be the next Bendis... the next big thing, which Marvel sorely, sorely needs at this time.

Well, he's got his work cut out for him!

It'll be C.B with his newer guys, versus a rugged, well-used collective of experienced creators over at DC - can he beat the Harras...?

(honestly, YES! Bob Harras is a has-been, and he's ALWAYS been a has-been! I'm still PISSED about Nick Fury vs. Shield - 20 years later!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    On another note - I know you're a big fan, and still loyal to most of the creators from the 90's crash - what are your thoughts on Bob Harras part in what transpired, and how Marvel just sort-of collapsed under his lead?

Also... I know it's completely off-topic in general... but what did you think of "Nick Fury vs. Shield", back in the day?
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 11-17-2017 at 10:01 AM.