Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default C.B. Cebulski Becomes New Marvel Editor-In-Chief

Bleeding Cool are reporting Axel Alonzo has been shown the door and replacing him is C.B Cebulski, who verified this to them

No slouch as a comic book creator either, Cebulski’s background working at Central Park Media before Marvel saw him picked out as perfect to create the Marvel Mangaverse line, followed by writing the Marvel Fairytales comics, Loners, and Inferno II sticking out most prominently, and he edited and put together the sleeper hit Runaways. But he also had a number of creator-owned comics at Image, while he was working at Marvel, including Drain and Wonderlost.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...marvel-comics/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bleeding Cool are reporting Axel Alonzo has been shown the door and replacing him is C.B Cebulski, who verified this to them

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...marvel-comics/
    I think Stan and Joe Q are the only editors not shown the door. It seems like a tough job to keep.

A part of me kinda feels bad for Alonso, but at the same time I've been thinking Marvel's been needing new blood editorially for a while now (and just in general).

But Cebulski? I'm not sure I can see him as EiC but it'll be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

BANNED

I do love they picked a guy who's initials are "C.B". Perfect for this line of work.

This is very surprising.

We're seeing a lot of shake-ups recently. I do think shake-ups are necessary. But that doesn't make it any less surprising.

BANNED

Axel is leaving Marvel altogether according to the New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/b...-in-chief.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is very surprising.

We're seeing a lot of shake-ups recently. I do think shake-ups are necessary. But that doesn't make it any less surprising.
    I think this was a long time coming because they way i see it, Marvel has not been the house of ideas it once was for a while now.
    I would like to see if under new management they can become that once more.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The last time I was excited to see Alonso's name on a book, it was a Vertigo title. Send him back there. They seem to be undergoing their own renovations, so the timing may be right...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ding dong the witch is dead
    BB

omg the <EXPLETIVE> ALONSO said about artists not mattering to sales and the nonsense he spat about diversity and his nephew!!!!!!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-17-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Wow. So sudden. Hell of a resume on Cebulski though. Best of luck to him.

Can't help but wonder why Marvel parted ways with Alonso though. Can't say I've enjoyed the bulk of his tenure, but they seemed to make a point that profits were up? Hot on the heels of Bendis leaving too. Easy to think of conspiracy theories. Wonder if the two are connected?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    omg the <EXPLETIVE> this dude said about artists not mattering to sales and the nonsense he spat about diversity and his nephew!!!!!!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Elaborate? I don't know much about him.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Bendis and Alonso had their time in the sun. I think Marvel needs a shake up and some new blood so I'm ok with this.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Ding dong the witch is dead
    It's funny that's the exact thing I was thinking. However there's a lot more that needs to be done before the house of ideas a righted ship.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Alonso is finally gone?