Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

He also said it "has an ending". Even if it continues it's likely it'll no longer be the same team as on Netflix. Maybe they'd then relaunch it with legacy numbering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think Marvel's done with just relaunching books with a #1 for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He also said it "has an ending". Even if it continues it's likely it'll no longer be the same team as on Netflix. Maybe they'd then relaunch it with legacy numbering.
    That's my thinking... after the end to Bendis run there'll be a pause for a while, and then they'll relaunch it with Legacy numbering and a new creative team, and a completely different roster - probably be something similar to the classic Defenders stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Didn't see this coming.

Quesada was responsible for the Marvel Knights line.

Alonso was responsible for the Max line.

Hope for Marvel's sake Cebulski is an innovator, as of now it looks bad for innovators at Marvel.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Didn’t see this coming. I know alonso has had a rough year or two but for the most part I think he did a good job. Like Bendis’ departure though, I think it’s a good thing. Hopefully a fresh approach will see new talents emerging.

Alonso is finally gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Cliff's notes:

Artists don't sell. Writers do.
    Diversity doesn't work for sales.
    His Korean Nephew got anxiety because of Amadeus Cho, believing he TOO would become the Hulk. <rolls eyes>
    I feel bad that I laughed a little at that last one.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Does ANYBODY know you're actually talking about ALONSO though?

Because seriously... you seem to have missed that Of Atlantis thought you meant C.B.
    In essence, until you've clarified this, it looks like you're talking SH*T about Cebulski.... : \
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ****. Sorry.
    ALONSO, y'all.
    Thanks for clearing that up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator X View Post
    Hopefully Brevoort is next to go.
    What's the deal with Brevoort though? Do you not like HATS?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

This is a great direction of fresh air to Marvel, and something fans have been requesting for too long.

Incredible Member

Were there any rumors attached to Alonso? Was this Marvel/Disney being preemptive?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Didn't see this coming.

Quesada was responsible for the Marvel Knights line.

Alonso was responsible for the Max line.

Hope for Marvel's sake Cebulski is an innovator, as of now it looks bad for innovators at Marvel.
    More like management putting a squeeze on them imo

Good news. He has a good back and forth with fans and is said to be regular at his local comic shop on weds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vit Skorpion View Post
    This is a great direction of fresh air to Marvel, and something fans have been requesting for too long.
    It would be hilarious if the two guys who most fans blame for their disdain of modern Marvel would both go to DC. It would be a pretty dark day for a lot of DC fans - although I have to expect that part of the terms of Alonso's departure would involve an agreement not to work for a direct Marvel competitor for a certain length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Were there any rumors attached to Alonso? Was this Marvel/Disney being preemptive?
    I doubt if the real story will ever come out - at least not in full - but I would think it was tied into Bendis leaving. Either upper management saw it as a major failure on Alonso's part not to keep Bendis and booted him for it (although to be fair, I don't know what he could have done to entice him to stay - after so much time a creator wants to experience something new) or Alonso took Bendis' departure as a sign that it was time for him to leave as well. Bendis was so tied to Alonso's reign as EIC that I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso felt that Bendis going was the kind of sea change in the publishing line that meant he should step aside and let a new voice take over. Who knows?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I doubt if the real story will ever come out - at least not in full - but I would think it was tied into Bendis leaving. Either upper management saw it as a major failure on Alonso's part not to keep Bendis and booted him for it (although to be fair, I don't know what he could have done to entice him to stay - after so much time a creator wants to experience something new) or Alonso took Bendis' departure as a sign that it was time for him to leave as well. Bendis was so tied to Alonso's reign as EIC that I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso felt that Bendis going was the kind of sea change in the publishing line that meant he should step aside and let a new voice take over. Who knows?
    The latter is possible, I suppose (although I'd say Bendis is more associated with JQ than AA), but I can't imagine he'd be booted for Bendis quitting, especially since BMB seems to be trying not to burn any bridges on his way over them.

If he's been booted, unless there's some serious scandal which hasn't broken going on in the Marvel offices, it's probably for general underperformance and/or delayed Secret Empire backlash meaning his contract hasn't been renewed.

Oh, my. This is exciting! I've enjoyed most of Cebulski's writing, and he's seemed to have good instincts when it comes to stories. Looking forward to seeing what this brings!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I’ll say this for Alonso, there have been a lot of great books during his reign as EIC, and I think he leaves behind a legacy to be proud of. How often do new heroes get created that don’t stick around? It’s a hard thing to do but I’m sure the likes of Kamala Khan and Spider-Gwen (possibly Miles too, not sure about the timeline) will be sticking around for a long time.

Plus, it might not be too obvious now, but I’m sure his work in diversifying Marvel both in terms of creators and characters will pay dividends in the end.

I have to say I am not surprised; Marvel has been floundering both creatively and commercially these last few years (in my eyes anyway) and losing Bendis definitely came as a shock and big blow to them. Here's hoping this change in direction brings about positive change.