BANNED

Default Spider-Man Talent React To Appointment of New EIC C.B Cebulski

I've been spreading this about in other threads, but felt with reaction coming in it warranted it's own thread in here so we can discuss the possibilities for the Spider-Line.

Dan Slott's reaction:

Dan Slott ✔@DanSlott
    Thanks to @axelalonsomarv on a stellar run as EIC.
    I'll always be grateful for the trust he had in the spider-team to do big, crazy things like Superior. Can't imagine anyone else taking that leap of faith with us. Will miss you, sir.
    Big congrats to @CBCebulski! One of the nicest people in all of comics-- with an uncanny ability to make every creator feel special, and to always spot the newest, boldest talents out there. He's gonna make one hell of a great EIC!
    Former Superior/ASM artist Humberto Ramos

humberto ramos @humberto_ramos
    thank you @axelalonsomarv for letting me be part of @Marvel history. I’m forever grateful to you sir
    congrats to @CBCebulski. a great leader and a better friend. I follow your lead
    Oh captain, my captain! https://twitter.com/cbr/status/931562414440579072
    Christos Gage

Also, thanks & appreciation to @axelalonsomarv who has been terrific to work with on every level. Always trying cool new things. He took chances on me on projects as diverse as an ESPN Magazine/NBA insert to working with The Weeknd. Can't wait to see what he does next.
    Excellent choice in @CBCebulski as new Marvel EIC. He loves comics and comic book creators. (And cats.) He really looked out for me on a thing recently (I know, vaguetweeting). One of the true good guys in the business.
    Jason Latour

Feels like just yesterday I was a kid waiting in long lines to show @CBCebulski portfolio samples. HUGE congrats on the new gig as @marvel EiC. Very exciting, man.
    And thanks, to @axelalonsomarv for helping to shape modern @Marvel into a place where a quirky guy like me could work & a book like Spider-Gwen could exist.
    https://www.newsarama.com/37423-indu...ng-marvel.html

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Nothing surprising in any of those reactions IMO. So far as I'm aware all of those people have/had good relations with Alonso so I'm not surprised they were nice about him and as far as I know none of them have a problem with Cebulski (at least not yet LOL) so again I'm not surprised that they were nice about him. Besides it wouldn't be a good idea to slag off the new boss publicly LOL.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big interview piece at the back of a comic or all comics from Alonso about his time at Marvel.

Don't forget Ramos currently draws Miles in Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big interview piece at the back of a comic or all comics from Alonso about his time at Marvel.

When someone gets fired, it is rare to give that person a forum like that so I doubt it.

Fantastic Member

How do you know he was fired ?

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    How do you know he was fired ?
    It was pretty well laid out in every news story. He didn’t resign, he was replaced and is gone from Marvel altogether.

Hmmm, I was just about to give up most Marvel Comics material due to the current direction of the company and this happens. I just might stick around now to see how things play out.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Nice responses but not really that surprising.
    It would look terrible of everyone who worked with came out and said “yeah we are rid of him” or something like that nomatter if they liked him or not.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Happy times, maybe Marvel are actually serious about trying to right the ship?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Nice responses but not really that surprising.
    It would look terrible of everyone who worked with came out and said “yeah we are rid of him” or something like that nomatter if they liked him or not.
    Pros being bros.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Pros being bros.
    Really?

You honestly think it's not that a lot of us have worked for Axel for 7 years, or been part of the industry longer and known him beyond that, and genuinely think kindly of him and wish him well?

In the case of C.B., he's played an integral part of Marvel Comics for ages. This isn't someone being brought in from out of the blue. C.B. was well in place when I came back to Marvel 13 years ago in 2004. I was like "Who's this guy? And what does he do?" C.B. was going around the world and finding artists from every corner and snatching them up for Marvel. Practically every Marvel artist who's broken out and hit it big in this century is because C.B. discovered them. The entire Marvel art community loves C.B.-- and editors, writers, and staff feel that way too.

It takes a lot of work from a lot of dedicated people to make Marvel Comics run. This goes from top to bottom. No one's slacking off or coasting. Everyone's grateful for a chance to work in this industry and to do what we love. The flip side is there are thousands of people who are going to give you crap for any and every move you make-- and that only intensifies if you're the person sitting in the EIC chair. It's a damn demanding job. When people on this side of the equation-- who see what that person goes through and deals with on a 24/7 basis-- show that outgoing person respect and wish the incoming person the best, it comes from a genuine place of respect well earned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Really?

You honestly think it's not that a lot of us have worked for Axel for 7 years, or been part of the industry longer and known him beyond that, and genuinely think kindly of him and wish him well?
    I meant nothing cynical in that above post Dan, and the purpose of this thread was never to promote any mean-spirited gossip or give an indicator of it. I just wanted to share what people in the Spider-Office were saying
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-20-2017 at 04:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    When someone gets fired, it is rare to give that person a forum like that so I doubt it.
    He wouldn't be the first one to get a forum like that though and I wouldn't bet against it either. Still, we'll soon find out whether or not he does.