Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Well, I'm excited. This could be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Nothing to say this is an event, per se. It could very well just be self-contained in GotG or maybe a crossover with one or more other titles but not a line wide "event." As a tease, this image is pretty ho-hum - thanks to the bland art - but the story that Duggan is currently telling in GotG has been excellent so I'm pumped to see where it's going.
    I agree, and I’m also a fan of what Duggan is doing in GotG. But if the series were to turn into Infinity Watch, with Warlock and the Guardians, I’d be pretty excited.

Nothing to say this is an event, per se. It could very well just be self-contained in GotG or maybe a crossover with one or more other titles but not a line wide "event." As a tease, this image is pretty ho-hum - thanks to the bland art - but the story that Duggan is currently telling in GotG has been excellent so I'm pumped to see where it's going.
    And a movie tie-in.

Niffleheim

I liken this to the Black Vortex crossover which also included Carol, GOTG, X-Men and Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And a movie tie-in.
    Like Apocalypse movie "tie-in"?
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-18-2017 at 12:02 PM.

BANNED

And a movie tie-in.
    Not really a "tie-in" so much as making sure something new is on the shelves that bears some connection to material in the new film, which seems entirely sensible.

When it seems like there's any synergy with the films, fans complain that Marvel is catering to the non-comic crowd and not the "real fans".

When the comics don't resemble the films enough (usually any change that the so-called "real fans" choose to throw a fit over), fans complain that Marvel is making it hard for new fans to start reading ("What's going to happen when a kid goes into a comic store and sees that Thor is a woman?! WHAT THEN?? What about the kids?!").

Duggan's been building his Infinity Stones storyline for awhile and if this storyline comes to a head when Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters, as Marvel clearly has planned it to, what's the harm?

Not really a "tie-in" so much as making sure something new is on the shelves that bears some connection to material in the new film, which seems entirely sensible.

When it seems like there's any synergy with the films, fans complain that Marvel is catering to the non-comic crowd and not the "real fans".

When the comics don't resemble the films enough (usually any change that the so-called "real fans" choose to throw a fit over), fans complain that Marvel is making it hard for new fans to start reading ("What's going to happen when a kid goes into a comic store and sees that Thor is a woman?! WHAT THEN?? What about the kids?!").

Duggan's been building his Infinity Stones storyline for awhile and if this storyline comes to a head when Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters, as Marvel clearly has planned it to, what's the harm?
    Only a comic fan could use the word synergy as a derogatory term.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Infinity movie tie in? Sure. But Cap and Logan are there so I guess it's different. But then again Civil War 2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Anything involving mutants is a no buy for me
    Same here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    It doesnt involve mutants just logan
    Logan is a mutant so what's your point?

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Logan is a mutant so what's your point?
    Disney is totally buying Fox's properties..... Nah who knows

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    I liken this to the Black Vortex crossover which also included Carol, GOTG, X-Men and Nova.
    Hopefully this is more Annihilation and less Black Vortex.

Uh...I guess you're agreeing with me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Only a comic fan could use the word synergy as a derogatory term.
    Depends on the synergy and how it's implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    It doesnt involve mutants just logan
    That sucks. Especially with how X-Men has been in bed with the cosmic side of Marvel ever since the 80's.

Well, the line can be very blurry when it comes to the comics sometimes .
    That's true. But as of now, things are VERY different than the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Let's pretend that an event focused on the Infinite Stones, not Gems, just in time for the movie isn't movie synergy.
    Yeah, the whole stones and event thing is synergy. I thought you were talking about the certain characters on the poster.

The 18 months with no event didn't last long lmao.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    The 18 months with no event didn't last long lmao.
    Is this a major line-wide event?

ETA: Screw it. I'll post a link to the original story. I'll give you an opportunity to actually read it.

Major Events
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is this a major line-wide event?

ETA: Screw it. I'll post a link to the original story. I'll give you an opportunity to actually read it.

Major Events
    Maybe ? There's nothing saying otherwise.