Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes. I do indeed. BUT the context of my reply is pretty much agreeing with you. And our usage of the word Event is the only thing at odds.
    I was using "event" as a shortened version of the phrase "event comic".

We don't know what it is yet, which is why people are speculating about it and are thinking about their hypothetical reactions if it is an event. And that's ok.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

So you quote a link and don't really read it? Marvel didn't say they wouldn't have events for 18 months. They said they WOULD but they wouldn't be line-wide. Accusing something of being an event and then saying it goes against their word is nonsense.

IF, and it is a big IF, this is an event then it will be smaller than Civil War II or Secret Empire because they haven't planned anything that big. If they had it would have been planned months ago and it wasn't.
    It would still be an event.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    It would still be an event.
    Did Marvel claim there would be no events at all?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Did Marvel claim there would be no events at all?
    No they said there WILL be events but some people just won't listen to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    I was using "event" as a shortened version of the phrase "event comic".

We don't know what it is yet, which is why people are speculating about it and are thinking about their hypothetical reactions if it is an event. And that's ok.
    Some people are suggesting that Marvel said something that they didn't say and are judging them over that and this together as if that is meaningful.

We have actually had smaller crossover events already and we will have more. We have two running right now. Traditionally they were never called 'events' and maybe we shouldn't now, but we will see books crossing over with each other to tell a wider story.

We won't see a huge event with over 200 tie-ins or probably anything even remotely like that.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-19-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Some people are suggesting that Marvel said something that they didn't say and are judging them over that and this together as if that is meaningful.

We have actually had smaller crossover events already and we will have more. We have two running right now. Traditionally they were never called 'events' and maybe we shouldn't now, but we will see books crossing over with each other to tell a wider story.

We won't see a huge event with over 200 tie-ins or probably anything even remotely like that.
    No, they are not. They are discussing the possibility that this is might be an event. If you have a problem with that, I don't think an internet message board where people discuss comic books is the right place for you.

We don't know if this is going to be a small crossover that is spread across a few books or a full event with a main book and tie-ins. And discussing the possibility of both and what that would mean for us as customers are perfectly acceptable on a comic book message board.
    Last edited by KC; 11-19-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A man that is tired of the Infinity Gems is a man that is tired of comics.
    Yes, in many ways I am. I was an avid young collector back when Thanos first started looking for the gems and was deathly afraid of the Soul gem. Those were the days. For a time, I even collected appearances of the gems and their bearers. It's been downhill for me since Thanos finally assembled them into the Infinity Gauntlet. I just want them to bring us something new. Something that will restore the enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    No, they are not. They are discussing the possibility that this is might be an event. If you have a problem with that, I don't think an internet message board where people discuss comic books is the right place for you.

We don't know if this is going to be a small crossover that is spread across a few books or a full event with a main book and tie-ins. And discussing the possibility of both and what that would mean for us as customers are perfectly acceptable on a comic book message board.
    Well certainly somewhere there is a communication disconnect. One that has totally derailed discussion about any potential content. All I can add is let's wait and see what this is. We will know in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, in many ways I am. I was an avid young collector back when Thanos first started looking for the gems and was deathly afraid of the Soul gem. Those were the days. For a time, I even collected appearances of the gems and their bearers. It's been downhill for me since Thanos finally assembled them into the Infinity Gauntlet. I just want them to bring us something new. Something that will restore the enthusiasm.
    I do think the gauntlet has potentially weakened the idea of what individual gems can do, but we did get some interesting exploration of the time gem with Hickman. Once the potential element of synergy with the movies is over it might be interesting to make the gems incompatible with each other in some fundamental way, to stop the gauntlet being an option for a while.

Fantastic Member

new wolverine and the guardians of the galaxy title should be announced later today of course with a brand new number 1

A man that is tired of the Infinity Gems is a man that is tired of comics. You may as well say get rid of all the old characters and replace them because we are tired of Avengers and Captain America.
    Infinity Gems are just lame Macguffins and lost all purpose once The Hood got his hands on it. I'm sick on how people pretend Infinity Gauntlet is the definitive Avengers story and is forced into pretty much every multimedia Avengers project.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No they said there WILL be events but some people just won't listen to us.
    Really? What did they mean be "events"? There will always be "events". X-Men is having a Gold and Blue x-over now and Blue Team versus Venom and Jean Grey Returns in 2018. Plus there's Avengers: No Surrender soon. Where was the "but Alonso promised..." noise back then?

They obviously meant stuff like Civil War II or Secret Empire when they said no more events. Stuff with their own series that actually impacts the overall MU with lots of tie-ins, etc. It's stupid to think they would stop crossovers, and the No Surrender thing it's actually pretty cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Really? What did they mean be "events"? There will always be "events". X-Men is having a Gold and Blue x-over now and Blue Team versus Venom and Jean Grey Returns in 2018. Plus there's Avengers: No Surrender soon. Where was the "but Alonso promised..." noise back then?
    When they said no events, I thought of ones like Secret Empire/AvX/Civil War, where EVERY book gets involved and has to come up with event centered issues that disrupt the book's narrative.

I don't look at things like IvX, Mojoverse, the current Avengers/Champions crossover, or the upcoming Venom/BLUE crossover as events. I don't really see No Surrender as an event either since that involves the main Avengers books only. Now if non-Avengers books had to come up with tie-in issues for No Surrender, than I would consider it an "event".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Infinity Gems are just lame Macguffins and lost all purpose once The Hood got his hands on it. I'm sick on how people pretend Infinity Gauntlet is the definitive Avengers story and is forced into pretty much every multimedia Avengers project.
    I love the Infinity gems, but Bendis destroyed a great Marvel artefact with his Hood story. Normally, just one gem make you a Top-tier god. Now, they are a joke, anybody can use them.
    Last edited by lordozone; 11-20-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !