Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would agree Magneto has been a bad parent with Lorna in general but again, he has not been given the opportunity of doing actual parenting with her. The only child of his that he had the oportunity to raise was Anya but she died too young. And he met Lorna during his most extreme villain phase so he not involving himself with her was a good thing imo, of course the mastermind thing is highly problematic.

But whatīs actually interesting for me is that they said "CHILDREN" instead of "DAUGHTER" I may be reading too much into it but itīs still interesting maybe they are rethinking the retcon who knows
    Lol, they still give him 'credit' for manipulating his kids, because he was trying too, just didn't realize how hey weren't 'his' kids...

Mystique was an oversight, she could have taken Scott, Logan or even wanda's spot.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    No Mystique on this list?????
    What? She's like the worst mom ever. This list is nothing without her in it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I hesitate to say Magneto was a knowingly bad parent for not raising Lorna and having Mastermind alter her mind, because I can see a perfectly good empathetic angle there. At that point, Magneto had experienced Anya's death, and he was in the midst of becoming someone guaranteed to be targeted for his actions. I can see Magneto wanting to keep his distance under the belief that getting too close and openly showing their connection would put Lorna's life at risk. It's the excuse I follow for why Magneto kept their relationship a secret even after Lorna was out there doing X-Men things. Having Mastermind alter Lorna's memories (and I presume locking away her powers from conscious use; plenty of potential for unconscious use as a teen) would have been a misguided attempt to keep her safe. Bad actions, but with good intentions.

I agree but still I believe that Magneto blames himself because he could have done better but didnīt and now Lorna is grow up so they can have a relationship but not one as close as he would have liked imo.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta
    Better to be absent but know she's alive and well than to be present and get her killed. Could easily lead to seeing a very touching and emotional father side to Magneto that has rarely been seen, and if done right, could be good for Lorna too by establishing how precious she is to her father even if he never tells her and it doesn't always look that way.
    Indeed it would be nice to have more touching moments between them either on X-men Blue or in another title.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247
    For that there was no other conceivable way in regard to her memories once Magneto made the bigger decision not to take care of her as its that vs having a child insane and unable to process what happened and the human fix of therapy would attempt to deny it happened or explain it in the process of an imagination until the humans figure out and they would betweeen her hair and the rest she does have powers and did kill her mother and others so she ends up a government science experiment.

Lorna understands the importance of his war better then the twins ever did and why he does what he does and why he divorced her from his life for the bulk of her life. But, he decided in effect not to be a father figure to her until his need for real support and emotional support overwhelmed his previous choice.

Lorna accepted the decision and was happy to do so as she was somewhat insane and lost at that point with Havok’s supposed death and the whole thing let her make a difference no matter how it turned out. But, in finding out for herself they are actually related and that he could have come to her a decade or more earlier and let her decide for herself but decided not to (well a Magneto did that was later retconned to be a robot) I think in the back of her mind hurts the most.
    I agree If even adult Lorna had trouble with that I donīt want to know what that would do to a young child.

Indeed, she is very understanding and after Genosha supports him in a lot of ways but they are both mourning the relationship that could have been.

I also noticed they didnīt add any image of the twins but thatīs why it seemed curious to me, why talk about children if you are only going to talk about one of them? Unless Marvel or Cullen Bunn are working on other children for him but that would be too much imo Anyaway the retcon seems to stay for the time being.

anyajenkins Lol indeed, and well he tried to manipulate them when he didnīt know they were his children, then they were and he tried to repent and have a relationship with them, it went nowhere and now he isnīt trying to manipulate them and is sad because they arenīt his anymore. But marvel still count them agaist him? wth Marvel
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-18-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022