View Poll Results: Should there be a moratorium on new Wonder Woman villains?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 33.33%
  • No

10 66.67%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default No new WonderWoman villain day!

I can almost always tell when a creator is indifferent to WonderWoman. I can tell because they never want to use Diana’s established rogues. Instead we get a never ending parade of “new” villains. Villains only catch on if you reuse them. I think their should be a moratorium on new WW rogues. I say you should have to use two existing rogues before they let you create a new one. What do you guys think?

That feels a bit draconian because you shouldn't have to force characters to be used.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I can almost always tell when a creator is indifferent to WonderWoman. I can tell because they never want to use Diana’s established rogues. Instead we get a never ending parade of “new” villains. Villains only catch on if you reuse them. I think their should be a moratorium on new WW rogues. I say you should have to use two existing rogues before they let you create a new one. What do you guys think?
    Are there any examples of such writers?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd rather just have a talented, creative writer who genuinely wants to use her old villains because they have a story they want to tell with them.

Forcing them to use them won't yield good results and won't help the situation.

I would love that we have a balance. That yes a writer can make a new villains but we also need writers who also would like to use the old villains. Balance is importance. We can have all of her villains new and old exist today. Many say clear slate and get rid of all of her villains. If that’s the case that means none of her new villains should exist for a certain among of Time either. Many of her villains can exist it just a good writer. Like at Dr.Cyber. I do hope we get to see her use a Cybernetic body to help her be more of a threat

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

As others have stated...I would rather a writer be interested in the characters over forcing them to use characters they have no interest in. However, there is also the possibility that the writer might find something interesting when the character is offered for consideration.

Mighty Member

Absolutely I'd also say they should start only allowing writers on the book if they actually want to write her with those villains and supporting cast. I don't think thats too much to ask.

There should be rotations. I mean eviless appears and has she been shown again? I mean if they are using her other name maybe use Eviless as her twin that is running a militia or gang.

Fantastic Member

If you are not strong enough to physically fight Wonder Woman or smart enough to stay away from her if you can't stand upto her then you shouldn't be villain in Wondy's world. Wonder Woman shouldn't be jobbed to raise the profile of lame villains who'll never amount to anything.

Fantastic Member

Who benefits from Wonder Woman vs Sharkeeta or Dr Posion? Definitely not Wonder Woman. Saying Wonder Woman should go up against street level threats for the sake of variety is like saying "I m bored of eating meat and potatoes so I m gonna eat some rotten pile of donkey sh*t".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    If you are not strong enough to physically fight Wonder Woman or smart enough to stay away from her if you can't stand upto her then you shouldn't be villain in Wondy's world. Wonder Woman shouldn't be jobbed to raise the profile of lame villains who'll never amount to anything.
    Of course if you never use them they won't amount to anything. Wonder Woman benefits immensely if she has a recurring cast members that are written well.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    Somebody should tell that to all the successful revamps of Batman and the Flash's villains over the years, among others, who were just as goofy and ineffective until somebody put some effort into them. Resisting similar efforts have done jack for the WW franchise so far. It is so far behind the rest of the major players in terms of a rogues gallery that it's not even funny.

Unless a writer comes in and churns out a massive quantity of new villains so she has the numbers to match her peers, your stance isn't going to help her.

Many writers are able to make many goofy villains dangerous. I mean look at Cheetah. Many of her villains are very smart but written as goofy in the golden age. She can benefit a revamp of many creatures. I mean Queen Clea has nonpowers. Other than her trident . Eviless has no powers. But they can be rewritten well to stand on their on.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Better yet, make it that the writer has to use 5 established rogues before they get to push a new one on us.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Are there any examples of such writers?

Briana Azzarello and Shea Fontana for starters.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.