Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    To the post above:

-They clearly needed Superman because they couldn't defeat Steppenwolf the first time around. You seem to have missed that in multiple points of your post. The gamble was necessary.
    Except they did defeat him. They rescued the hostages, they took down plenty of demons and he was the one who blew the dam and departed the field of battle. They weren't beaten and forced to flee. He didn't get the location of the motherbox which was his goal.

They didn't manage to kill or contain him on the first encounter but they took no lasting damage either. That shouldn't be the point of desperation where creating a possibly more powerful monster is plan A. And they went into that first encounter with limited knowledge of his powers or abilities and no concerted plan.

-The camera stills don't show exactly what Barry can do. Lightning flashes and the guy gets pushed over. But otherwise Luthor had a whole file on him. As did ARGUS. Besides, he seems to have an inkling already. And he says "so you're fast." The batarang confirmed it and he's raising it. It's not like he has no clue what Barry can do at all.
    Apparently it's carryover from BvS which I only saw once and don't recall. "So you're fast" was a response to Barry, not an insight he seemed to have prior to meeting Barry. It wasn't "I know you're fast, show me something".

-The motherbox was secure when the Amazons had a lot more allies. A Green Lantern and the Greek Gods other than Ares for instance. The Atlanteans were also likely in better shape. Considering the threat Steppenwolf posed I think they did great.
    So, thousands of years have passed and those allies aren't around. I don't think a cage and chain would have been out of the question to slow a thief down, even if you have all them allies. The defense set up thousands of years ago should have been reassessed when your threat level has fallen to cannon fodder.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eireannx View Post
    Except they did defeat him. They rescued the hostages, they took down plenty of demons and he was the one who blew the dam and departed the field of battle. They weren't beaten and forced to flee. He didn't get the location of the motherbox which was his goal.

They didn't manage to kill or contain him on the first encounter but they took no lasting damage either. That shouldn't be the point of desperation where creating a possibly more powerful monster is plan A. And they went into that first encounter with limited knowledge of his powers or abilities and no concerted plan.
    I wouldn't say they defeated him since he bested them in combat. He left, but without Aquaman intervening they would have been in serious trouble in that scenario. And unless their 2nd encounter included another wave of water, they'd likely be in similar trouble. Your point of view is essentially Wonder Woman's. Which was a valid viewpoint. But there were no guarantees they could stop him at all.

Apparently it's carryover from BvS which I only saw once and don't recall. "So you're fast" was a response to Barry, not an insight he seemed to have prior to meeting Barry. It wasn't "I know you're fast, show me something".
    It was a response to Barry catching the batarang. Again, it's reasonable for Batman to not know for sure already if he's fast, whether he can teleport, or whether he has some kind of electric shock power going from the BvS footage. Barry confirms that it's speed, so he says "so you're fast". That's the carry over, there's nothing really wrong with it.

So, thousands of years have passed and those allies aren't around. I don't think a cage and chain would have been out of the question to slow a thief down, even if you have all them allies. The defense set up thousands of years ago should have been reassessed when your threat level has fallen to cannon fodder.
    For Atlantis I agree, unless, again, leadership has decayed, which it probably has. The defense in Wonder Woman looked as good as they can manage. Stone pillars designed to permanently seal the gate.

Three main highlights for me.

It was nice to see Superman being Superman. Honestly, it was nice to hear him speak!!!

Loved the shot of the Green Lantern in the flashback. That's the kind of thing the DC movies lack sometimes. Those little references always score points with me.

The end credits giving thanks to creators like Carmine Infantino & Curt Swan. That was the most emotional moment for me. Those guys meant so much to me growing up.

First hour was too scattered. They tried to cram too much in. I was pretty bored. Second half was better & I thought the film was decent overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Three main highlights for me.

It was nice to see Superman being Superman. Honestly, it was nice to hear him speak!!!
    Oh, another poster said this was the best movie presentation of Superman since Sup 2, and I agree. We've come a long way since Superman Returns.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Here's what's Snyder's original cut was:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c...e_league_leak/

It's looking very legit as many plot points were in the movie we got this was posted 7 months ago.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Vericc View Post
    Really loved the Supes scenes, although that cgi around his mouth was quite off putting.
    Ah - that explains the cellphone footage at the beginning. I thought that was an actor playing Superman after Superman's death. The sound quality was pretty bad so I couldn't tell if anything he said confirmed or denied that.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Ah - that explains the cellphone footage at the beginning. I thought that was an actor playing Superman after Superman's death. The sound quality was pretty bad so I couldn't tell if anything he said confirmed or denied that.
    The beginning was akward, no idea why they felt like they needed to add that.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Agree, there really wasn't any purpose to that particular scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I still have hope that the world wide box office for JUSTICE LEAGUE will be big enough to justify a sequel. But this seems doubtful--and not with the same actors. DC might be better off with a young group of heroes like the Titans, the Legion or the Forever People.

In hindsight, it probably would have been better to establish all the players first, in their own movies. Including the Fourth World. And build toward a Justice League movie. The Marvel method. But I like WB for doing things different from Disney--so I feel like they deserve more credit than they get for all their innovation.

I could see Cyborg having a movie where he goes to Super Town, meets the Forever People and the big guns on New Genesis and Apokolips. You can't take the direct route with the Fourth World in their own New Gods movie, because Lucas and Marvel have already claimed that intellectual property for their own. So someone has to turn the Kirby story inside out, to make it fresh.
    its guaranteed we are getting a part 2. Every **** franchise gets a sequal and you think becuase the Film may have an avg. BO they will shut down everything?

I dont think WB has anything better on the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    They were TERRIBLE about secret identities in this film! Lois calling Clark in front of the cops, Batman saying Alfred in front of a perp, Superman walking around the Kent farm without glasses as movers are bring in furniture...

And did anyone else notice that Batman fought the parademon, grew a beard, went and found Aquaman, then promptly shaved the beard off?
    i shaved this morning! Am i a continuity error? jk

Mighty Member

Superman ruined the movie for me and he was seriously downgraded from MOS and BVS. He made everyone seem useless by doing everything which made him seem boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    BLAME JOSS WHEDON, a Marvel saboteur

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I loved seeing Barry recognize that for the first time, there was somebody fast enough to see him while he was running (Superman). Classic expression of "oh sh**!"
    That was hilarious!!!! He can see me!!!!

Was it ever explained where Steppenwolf was between his first failed conquest of earth and when he appeared in Themyscira? He seemed to have boom tube technology and an army of Parademons but I could have sworn they said he was locked out of Apokolips.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Was it ever explained where Steppenwolf was between his first failed conquest of earth and when he appeared in Themyscira? He seemed to have boom tube technology and an army of Parademons but I could have sworn they said he was locked out of Apokolips.
    He said he wanted to return from his exile.