Default John Byrne's Next Men

Any fans of John Byrne's Next Men out there?

I didn't read the series when it was first published, even though I enjoyed JB's work but have recently been reading from 2112 onwards and I'm really enjoying it.

Can't wait to get to the next issue (I'm trying to limit myself to one a day).

Last edited by Tugger; 11-18-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Invincible Member

I've a couple of random issues recently and I'm very curious about it. I haven't been able to follow up though because of time and money.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Read it when it came out, remember enjoying it a lot at the time--it's been years, and I should really go back and re-read!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Read it when it came out, remember enjoying it a lot at the time--it's been years, and I should really go back and re-read!
    I enjoyed it a lot when first series came out.

Really looked forward to reading completion when John B came back to it years later..but although I liked the follow up series didn’t feel it was quite as enjoyable as first series, and my gut feeling at time was that I must have missed some linking material between the two series. (I wondered if trades I’d got missed an issue.)

But overall thought it was a top notch series, a sort of stream lined improved version of X-Men. Must re-read sometime, after checking I’ve got all the material.

I read this when it came out and enjoyed it. I must try it again.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I forgot there was a follow-up series; my recollection concurs with JackDaws, follow-up sort of enh, good series overall.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet