Default CrossGen's Negation

Hey!

So I have been slowly collecting the Negation issues after reading the prequel and loving it! I held off actually reading the rest so that I could read them as a collection, and my last 5 issues are on their way (one from Canada...). If the series is as awesome as the prequel then I plan to custom bind them eventually, and I've been thinking about orders etc. I'm curious if anybody has read all of Negation or is particularly familiar with CrossGen books and could comment on my order and also that I'm not missing any, please? For the order I've just gone by release date.

Collection
    Negation: #0-27
    CrossGen Chronicles: #7
    Negation War: #1-2
    Negation Lawbringer: #1
    Mark of Charon: #1-5

Order
    Negation #0-5
    CrossGen Chronicles #7
    Negation #6-11
    Negation: Lawbringer
    Negation #12-16
    Mark of Charon #1
    Negation #17
    Mark of Charon #2
    Negation #18
    Mark of Charon #3
    Negation #19
    Mark of Charon #4
    Negation #20
    Mark of Charon #5
    Negation #21-27
    Negation War #1-2
    Last edited by Enigma; 12-18-2017 at 07:20 AM.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I'm assuming you listed the Prequel as #0?

Looks good to me. Just keep in mind that Negation War wasn't finished.
    And since Marvel bought Crossgen, they effectively shut down any chance for it ever being completed.

Btw... you may find the info on this site worth checking out.

Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-18-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Yes, I meant the prequel with 0. I noticed the Negation War thing, big shame. I also knew that Marvel had come on the scene but I didn't realise that they had decided to not continue it, although I wasn't planning on it as such anyway. Thanks a lot for the input, I appreciate it. Would you recommend any of the other CrossGen series? I hear that the others are pretty awesome too, and tie in well without it being a requirement to read any others
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Yes, I meant the prequel with 0. I noticed the Negation War thing, big shame. I also knew that Marvel had come on the scene but I didn't realise that they had decided to not continue it, although I wasn't planning on it as such anyway. Thanks a lot for the input, I appreciate it. Would you recommend any of the other CrossGen series? I hear that the others are pretty awesome too, and tie in well without it being a requirement to read any others
    I was an avid Crossgen reader with Forge and Edge (loved that format).
    My favorites were The First (sort of a cosmic powered soap opera), Ruse (Victorian sleuth with a twist where his 'Dr. Watson' character was secretly a sigil-bearer and female, so even he didn't suspect that she was the source of his luck) and Sojourn (epic fantasy adventure with a strong female lead).
    I also liked Crux, Sigil and Negation.
    And a later series I liked was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which was a throwback to '60s spy-fi films like James Bond.

Looking back, Crossgen had the makings of becoming one of the top comic companies. Great writing and art that was above par for comics at the time.
    But they kept making bad financial decisions and tried to grow too fast.
    They did, however, pioneer reading comics on the internet.
    And the Forge and Edge anthology trade paperbacks were novel ideas that appealed to a certain type of reader, like myself, that found them both inexpensive and convenient.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-18-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

After reading into it a while ago, I felt like CrossGen was a story that everybody in the comic business should remember, a good lesson!