Default MoviePass Lowers prices (again)

https://www.newsarama.com/37417-movi...ed-movies.html

I am wondering, does anyone use this service? Or used it? Or know good / bad things about it?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I use it, so far it works exactly as advertised and is well worth it

All-New Member

I have it also. Have seen 10 movies in the 2 months I have had it. Well worth it to me.

actually I found a nice FAQ to answer my additional questions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/movie...g-moviepass-20

Thank you for your responses. I do prefer to hear first hand accounts.
    Last edited by LordMikel; 11-19-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Yo, lordMikel

If you can actually get MoviePass to work, then it's well worth your money. I got it early November and saw about 5-6 movies so far. However they do have shitty logistics (some people never receive their cards after 3 weeks) and Constumer Service is damn near nonexistent. If the card is physically in your possession, it's great. Their app is also shoddily put together and quite poor (on Android, you are sometimes logged out of your account, Run Times are NEVER correct), but Checking In hasn't failed me yet.
    Superhero shows are trash

I'm a bit suspicious of the business model, and the way the annual plan seems to provide a short-term cash infusion.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm a bit suspicious of the business model, and the way the annual plan seems to provide a short-term cash infusion.
    Indeed. Mitch Lowe used to be the CEO of Netflix and that company lost money for the first 4-5 years before it caught a break. Seems like MP is following the same suit. However, Mitch seems very anatagonistic towards movie theaters. He's banking on MP bringing in such a large amount of consumers to theaters that they(The movie chains; AMC, Regal, etc) can't help but throw them a bone (offer to share revenue with them; allow them to buy discounted tickets, etc).

Who knows what the future holds? I'm using MP until they start raising prices and hoarding as many Regal Crown Club points as I can for free tickets lol.
    Superhero shows are trash